What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

#201 Post by Eris »

Game Systems I'd like to play sometime that I don't see here...
  1. Space: 1889 -- doesn't have to be the official setting/rules, but that would be cool.
  2. Basic Fantasy Roleplaying -- I think it would be interesting for a dungeon crawl and from the read I think it would be better than Lab Lord...imo anyway.
  3. Castles & Crusades -- I bought the books, way back when, but never got to play with them.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Dram »

Nobody starting 1E or 2E campaigns anymore? They all been LL, or some other games I am not familiar with.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by hedgeknight »

I'd love to run a 2E game...probably my favorite edition. I just don't have the time. I have a shit-ton of resources and every now and then I pull out my notebooks and reminisce about the good ol' days :)
Winter is coming...

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Pulpatoon »

Eris wrote:Game Systems I'd like to play sometime that I don't see here...
  1. Space: 1889 -- doesn't have to be the official setting/rules, but that would be cool.
  2. Basic Fantasy Roleplaying -- I think it would be interesting for a dungeon crawl and from the read I think it would be better than Lab Lord...imo anyway.
  3. Castles & Crusades -- I bought the books, way back when, but never got to play with them.
Pretty sure I have my Space: 1899 books downstairs—never played it, but I loved the campaign world. I'd certainly be up for joining a game!

BF, or anything else along the B/X-LL-Holmes axis is always welcome!

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#205 Post by kalstone »

coil23 wrote:Blackrazor,
I don't know Darkest Dungeon and am not sure what is meant by a stress mechanic but serious tone? Serious tone is my preference (true for horror movies as well). I would play DCC if you ref.
I would be interested in a DCC game too.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Pulpatoon »

Thumbs up for DCC!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by ybn1197 »

Dram wrote:Nobody starting 1E or 2E campaigns anymore? They all been LL, or some other games I am not familiar with.
hedgeknight wrote:I'd love to run a 2E game...probably my favorite edition. I just don't have the time. I have a shit-ton of resources and every now and then I pull out my notebooks and reminisce about the good ol' days :)
Pulpatoon wrote:BF, or anything else along the B/X-LL-Holmes axis is always welcome!
I'm currently writing a campaign for Basic Fantasy with some of the Supplemental Rules to make it very similar to 2nd edition in rules. If there is enough interest, I'll post my progress and get set out on a game thread here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#208 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Me straight up still looking or rather always looking for more AD&D 1e or 2e games as well as the B/X games. Heck if anyone wanted to start a Rules Cyclopedia game I'd jump in on that.

Game module wise I'm def. down for some GreyHawk setting, I'm all done looking for more Ravenloft the one on here is plenty for me. I'm not really any specific modules I'm looking for to play though the Against the Giants would be nice to play all the way through so far two different games started them however I either missed the start or didn't get far in the start in the case of the other.

Aside from that the one game I am running is plenty however I may start a second down the road in 2017? not 100% sure on this yet but I very well may start another 2e or maybe even try my hand at DMing a 1e game who knows. I'll try and keep an update on this. Anyone can always PM me anyways.

Aside from that I am interesting in learning/playing a C&C game.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Norjax »

kalstone wrote:
coil23 wrote:Blackrazor,
I don't know Darkest Dungeon and am not sure what is meant by a stress mechanic but serious tone? Serious tone is my preference (true for horror movies as well). I would play DCC if you ref.
I would be interested in a DCC game too.
I've recently started playing DCC. It's different, but familiar enough for any D&D veteran.

I really like the "feel" of the system.

GreyWolfVT

#210 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I know one thing that I'd love to run again is Al-Qadim
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Urson »

I liked DCC the one time I played. But the fact that the system uses specialized dice nobody else uses bugs me. It's like buying a video game that requires a new console.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

EtarrTheGood
Squire
Squire

#212 Post by EtarrTheGood »

I'd like to play Swords and Wizardry WB, Crypts and Things, or the Black Hack if anyone wants to run a game.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Pulpatoon »

Urson wrote:I liked DCC the one time I played. But the fact that the system uses specialized dice nobody else uses bugs me. It's like buying a video game that requires a new console.
I keep waiting for a DCC game to start up, here. As far as I know, US has yet to host one, but this seems like the perfect crowd for it. The dice roller, of course, makes it easy to use all the exotic dice.

I'll be getting the 4th Edition book from the kickstarter in... oh, February? I'm really looking forward to that.
EtarrTheGood wrote:I'd like to play Swords and Wizardry WB, Crypts and Things, or the Black Hack if anyone wants to run a game.
The Black Hack is one of my favorite systems going, right now. I'd eagerly join any TBH games that got started, here.

I have hopes to run a game here, but not until my present campaign ends (which, given the pace of pbp, could be awhile). I'd like to use The Black Hack to run The Maze of The Blue Medusa, setting it in Yoon-Suin, The Purple Land. Very color-coordinated.

Wizard Lizard
Scout
Scout

#214 Post by Wizard Lizard »

I might try and run a short dungeoncrawl using OD&D/Delving Deeper soon, when I'm done with important stuff.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Norjax »

Pulpatoon wrote:I keep waiting for a DCC game to start up, here. As far as I know, US has yet to host one, ...
There are a few in the archive section.

GreyWolfVT

#216 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:
Pulpatoon wrote:I keep waiting for a DCC game to start up, here. As far as I know, US has yet to host one, ...
There are a few in the archive section.
Indeed there have been DCC games run here in the past. I am not sure the DM's that ran them are still active on here though.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Starbeard »

Esteemed Colleagues,

I'm back down to one game, and have the free time to start up another one, short and focused. I'm looking at my overstuffed gaming shelf and thinking this is the perfect opportunity to try out something new.

Here's my idea: "Let's Learn Something." We pick a game we've always wanted to try, or haven't played in so long we can't remember much about it; we stumble through character creation together, try out a short and sweet one-shot to learn the game (probably from the rulebook's sample adventure if it has one), and shelve it. Daily posting preferred, but I'm open. If the experience was enjoyable, someone can propose or organize another Let's Learn.

Here's what I have on my shelf that I'd like to give a whirl. Some I've never played, some I have but not in years; so all are games I'd have to learn fresh. Each entry has a note about whether all players might need a copy of the rulebook.

My immediate preferences for a Let's Learn…
  • Legend of the Five Rings (book not needed at all; I have first edition)
  • Middle-earth Roleplaying (I don't think the book is needed, but having the tables at least would be helpful)
  • Tunnels & Trolls (probably not necessary, but it's cheap/free at DriveThruRPG!; I have all editions)
Some other options…
  • Powers & Perils (no idea, but it’s free at PowersAndPerils.org!)
  • RuneQuest (no idea; I have RQ2 and RQ3)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness (can’t remember)
I'm also perfectly willing to try…
  • Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (no idea)
  • The Complete Warlock (probably necessary)
  • HârnMaster (probably necessary; I have 1st and 2nd editions)

Anyone interested in trying one of these out with a short sample adventure?

kensanata
Tracker
Tracker

#218 Post by kensanata »

Interested in Tunnels & Trolls ever since I since I had heard of URUTSK. https://thegrandtapestry.blogspot.ch/
I run a blog. I also run a site for campaign wikis. I wrote a face generator, a character generator, a dungeon mapper, a Traveller subsector generator, and a hex map generator (editable as text).

Euthanatus
Squire
Squire

#219 Post by Euthanatus »

Greetings, fellow adventurers.

New to the board. Registered with the dice-roller and character sheet app, but have yet to play.

I'm mostly interested in the following:
* D&D 3.5: Playing (Any)
* AD&D 2.0: Playing (Homebrew or Undermountain)

I would also (eventually) be interested in playing original WhiteWolf World of Darkness or Aeon Trinity (Psionics in space).

Once I get used to playing for awhile and get to know my way around, I may be interested in DMing a homebrew D&D 3.5 game or even an original version of WhiteWolf World of Darkness (Mage, specifically), but that can wait until later.

I sent a recruitment inquiry to Darkmane and Sterling on their respective campaigns (2.0 Undermountain and 3.5 Brave New World, respectively), but not sure if I yet have message-sending permissions (they're sitting in the outbox rather than the sent box).

Back to D&D games, though: I can play about any class, but prefer to play Lawful Neutral Wizards (heh), Neutral Good Fighters, or if needed, a Neutral Good Cleric. I will gladly play a AD&D 2.0 Cleric if I can have access to the spells in the three volumes of the Priest Spell Compendiums (as they are difference makers).

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have a slot open in a game that matches the above.

Dave

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#220 Post by dmw71 »

Euthanatus wrote:...but not sure if I yet have message-sending permissions (they're sitting in the outbox rather than the sent box).
FYI... A sent message will remain in the 'outbox' until it's read by the recipient (or first recipient, if the message was sent to multiple people). Once it's been read, it will move to the 'sent' folder.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Looking for players or games”