What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

#261 Post by Rex »

I did the gladiator/arena thing a number of years ago. We used Harn World as the setting and Harn Master for the rules. Combat is significantly more tactical and brutal. It was cool for a few sessions as a brake from our regular campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#262 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote:I did the gladiator/arena thing a number of years ago. We used Harn World as the setting and Harn Master for the rules. Combat is significantly more tactical and brutal. It was cool for a few sessions as a brake from our regular campaign.
Depending on how things pan out in A Village With No Name this could be the next jump for the group :lol: :twisted:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Rex »

That could be interesting, not sure my PC would survive very long.

Moondarq
Squire
Squire

#264 Post by Moondarq »

Games I'd be interested in playing:

13th Age
Barbarians of Lemuria
Beyond the Wall
FATE
Numenera

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#265 Post by Gelatinous Q »

I just downloaded Operation Unfathomable, which looks all kinds of awesome. Anyone else interested?
Failure is always an option.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Bloodaxe wrote:Im considering trying to run a MCC game, but it would be a learning process. If you are interested LMK and DONT read the sample adventure in the back of the book! Im also working on changing up an old classic Gamma World adventure as a MCC funnel.
Did this ever happen? I’d be super into it.

GreyWolfVT

#267 Post by GreyWolfVT »

MCC Gamma World game well that is what Norjax is running currently. Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone currently is in DCC/MCC game system.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Pulpatoon »

Gelatinous Q wrote:I just downloaded Operation Unfathomable, which looks all kinds of awesome. Anyone else interested?
100% interested, although it would mean having to hold off on reading my own copy.

GreyWolfVT

#269 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Call me Crazy but I'd love to see another Al-Qadim or Oriental Adventures game on here. As I'd like to be a player in the setting rather than the DM as a change of pace ;)

Aside from that there is a possibility that I'll run another Al-Qadim game on here again. I am enjoying the one I am currently running and the players are really great. I just think perhaps as a rule next time I will run with less players 8 Players I am finding is not to bad but games with 4-6 players appear to run a little faster paced.

Having never experienced Dark Sun I would love to see someone run something in that setting perhaps in an old school edition. Though I must say I have enjoyed Dave's 5th edition game I am in as well.

Other than that I mentioned in a introduction post (Mackduff) I'd love to learn C&C game system. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Zhym »

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Paranoia.

The Computer is your friend.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#271 Post by Scott308 »

I think Paranoia would be an absolute riot in this format! With private forums so you can keep secrets from the other players- I mean report all the commie mutant traitors to Friend Computer- I think it would work really well. If anyone does run Paranoia, I want in! To not want in is treason.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Starbeard »

Howdy gang, I've got a game or two that are on the path to winding down, so I'm thinking ahead about what to run next (say, sometime next month). I want it to be short and simple, as far as PbP goes anyway. Here are the two ideas I have in my head right now:

1. Legend of the Five Rings (first edition rulebook only), as a 'Let's Learn' game. I used to run the heck out of this system, but it's been 15 years at least, so it'd be a nice fresh look for everyone. I would actually prepare two modules to run simultaneously, a dangerous & grizzled dungeon crawl thread and a RP-heavy mystery/court intrigue thread, so that we can get a feel for both aspects without any lags in the action. I might use published intro modules, or make them up, but either way both would be short & focused, playable in 1-2 sessions if we were at the table.

2. An 'Imagi-Nations' type roleplaying wargame scenario, using GURPS Mass Combat (and only GMC—other rules we can just adjudicate as we go along, like in the good old days). The PCs would be the various commanders of a small army, briefed with a single time-sensitive mission and then it's up to them to organize and deploy, lead and succeed. If there were multiple players, then to increase the fog of war we'd roleplay through private threads whenever parties split, since that could lead to some very interesting decisions. My two ideas for this are either an ancient Rome vs Carthage thing (each PC commands a cohort or maniple), or a modern WW2ish paratroopers mission (each PC leads a platoon).

Any potential takers? Again, this is probably 1-2 months in the making before it happens.

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#273 Post by LtTibbles »

Legend of the Five Rings (first edition rulebook only), as a 'Let's Learn' game. I used to run the heck out of this system, but it's been 15 years at least, so it'd be a nice fresh look for everyone. I would actually prepare two modules to run simultaneously, a dangerous & grizzled dungeon crawl thread and a RP-heavy mystery/court intrigue thread, so that we can get a feel for both aspects without any lags in the action. I might use published intro modules, or make them up, but either way both would be short & focused, playable in 1-2 sessions if we were at the table.
I would be interested in a L5R game myself, I just started playing the new card game from FFG so this ispretty good timing :D

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Norjax »

Starbeard wrote:2. An 'Imagi-Nations' type roleplaying wargame scenario, using GURPS Mass Combat (and only GMC—other rules we can just adjudicate as we go along, like in the good old days). The PCs would be the various commanders of a small army, briefed with a single time-sensitive mission and then it's up to them to organize and deploy, lead and succeed. If there were multiple players, then to increase the fog of war we'd roleplay through private threads whenever parties split, since that could lead to some very interesting decisions. My two ideas for this are either an ancient Rome vs Carthage thing (each PC commands a cohort or maniple), or a modern WW2ish paratroopers mission (each PC leads a platoon).
I'm interested in how a wargame scenario would work as a PbP. I've thought about doing this myself. :)

GreyWolfVT

#275 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:
Starbeard wrote:2. An 'Imagi-Nations' type roleplaying wargame scenario, using GURPS Mass Combat (and only GMC—other rules we can just adjudicate as we go along, like in the good old days). The PCs would be the various commanders of a small army, briefed with a single time-sensitive mission and then it's up to them to organize and deploy, lead and succeed. If there were multiple players, then to increase the fog of war we'd roleplay through private threads whenever parties split, since that could lead to some very interesting decisions. My two ideas for this are either an ancient Rome vs Carthage thing (each PC commands a cohort or maniple), or a modern WW2ish paratroopers mission (each PC leads a platoon).
I'm interested in how a wargame scenario would work as a PbP. I've thought about doing this myself. :)
Let's start a game of Risk then :D

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#276 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Let's start a game of Risk then :D
A classic for sure, but I prefer Axis & Allies. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#277 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
I'm up for that as well Dave ;)

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Norjax »

dmw71 wrote:
Indeed! :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#279 Post by ffilz »

LtTibbles wrote:
Legend of the Five Rings (first edition rulebook only), as a 'Let's Learn' game. I used to run the heck out of this system, but it's been 15 years at least, so it'd be a nice fresh look for everyone. I would actually prepare two modules to run simultaneously, a dangerous & grizzled dungeon crawl thread and a RP-heavy mystery/court intrigue thread, so that we can get a feel for both aspects without any lags in the action. I might use published intro modules, or make them up, but either way both would be short & focused, playable in 1-2 sessions if we were at the table.
I would be interested in a L5R game myself, I just started playing the new card game from FFG so this ispretty good timing :D
I've been curious about L5R, I'd give this a try.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Starbeard »

ffilz wrote:
LtTibbles wrote:
I've been curious about L5R, I'd give this a try.

Frank
The more I think about it, the more excited I'm getting at the prospect of playing L5R again.

I started with the RPG back in early 1998, but from then to about 2003 I played it at least once a week if not more. I only learned about the card game after reading the ad pages in the back of the book. I have a love-hate relationship with the setting and the style of writing in the rulebooks, but I absolutely adore the core theme and game system. It's still the only RPG I've played that is consistently more deadly than B/X D&D—not only is combat incredibly risky even for high level characters, but also the whole seppuku thing means that every player will eventually run into a social situation where the only 'good' option is to fall on your own sword.

The RPG has had 4 editions plus a D20 version, and while I've played all of them, 1st edition has always felt best to me in terms of intuitive rules & imaginative atmosphere, so that's what we'd use here. That being said, the most recent 4th edition rules are actually pretty nice and cohesive overall, even if 80% of the book is taken up by a sea of confusing character options that all do exactly the same thing mechanically. One of these days I might finally sit down and comb through it to extract an essentials-only "B/X L5R," but until then first edition is close enough for that, since it's already 90% there.

Return to “Looking for players or games”