What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

#1 Post by Mister-Kent »

I don't have any ideas narrowed down enough to open recruitment threads, so perhaps this could serve as a general "test the waters" thread for folks in a similar spot.

I'm super-psyched having joined the open West Marches game, and there are a few other genres I'd I love to see represented on US in some form. I'm putting out feelers for interest in such games, and encourage others to shout out their interests as well.

Supers--I'm bummed I only found this place as the 4C System game enters hiatus mode. I even have the system and never got to try it. Anyone have experience with other systems? I tried FACERIP--I mean FASERIP before, and all the books are free online, so there's an option. There's a great blog post about proactive superhero sandboxes/campaigns I need to link to when I get home (EDIT: It is HERE). I used to to run a game using ICONs, but I just didn't click with the system.

Western--Any ideas on system? I know there's a bunch of OSR-style western systems, Go Fer Yer Gun!, __ (I think it's Blood) & Bullets off the top of my head. Any experience with them? A nice frontiersy Western game would be grand. I've only played this genre freeform so far. Supernatural elements would be welcome but wholly optional. I like all flavors of Western, from gritty to heaps of spaghetti.

Space--Even as I circle the Traveller game with curiosity, I'll put it out there that I run a mean game of Stars Without Number, if I do say so myself. When I get to the home laptop I can link to the campaigns I'm running currently--both quite different. One's a relatively fast-moving Guardians of the Galaxy inspired romp (EDIT: it is HERE), and the other's a deep deep sandbox where players run a private agency but spend their days carousing, catching specimens, attending concerts and giving each other tarot readings (which is HERE). I'm always open to more combat-oriented milieus as well. It's all good. I also own all supplemental books, so the sky's the limit, except not literally in this particular case.

Anyone else got serious RP cravings? Horror? Steampunk (or any other *punk for that matter?) That Rotworld game looks awesome--maybe more Post-Apoc?
Last edited by Mister-Kent on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Super was one of the wants to play for me now that we are entering a "long pause" phase I'll be looking for that again. As well as I am still seeking a Fallout style game. "Post Apocalyptic" type game. I've been informed from a friend on here that I might get a chance for the post apocalyptic game eventually, so that leaves me looking at a super power type game to fill my long lost City of Hero/Villains urge/addiction.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Mister-Kent »

Ooh--big Fallout fan here, so I'll keep an eye out if something P.A. pops up! :)
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Q.Q Elf »

I'm getting into the Apocalypse World stuff

I'd like to play Monsterhearts, but I'm not holding my breath on that. I have a AW game lined up elsewhere, but another opportunity to play it would be cool. I would try Dungeon World, but that would be further down the list.

If I clear my plate and get a good feel for AW, then I'd run it (likely moved away from the base setting and more to the zombie thing). This would be in the long term future, and hardly close to happening right now.

I'm interested in running more Monsterhearts since this game has not exploded in wrong-bad things.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Mister-Kent, I would be more than happy to reserve a spot for you in the 4c system game that is up, once we return from our break ;) Depending on how badly everyone wants it to continue right now, I may have to push up the return date to after the holidays.

I am heavily leaning towards starting up a DungeonWorld game right now, but need to get my resources and time together. I'm waiting on finishing up a campaign of mine before I enlist any more attention into anything else right now. DungeonWorld and the collaborative story system I wanted to try with it would be next on my list right now.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Mister-Kent »

I'll look forward to the rebirth of Rebirth of Power :)
Playing

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Westerns... Coyote Trail is one that gets talked about on rpg.net. I have it, but haven't used it. The system is very light, though I guess there's room for people to break it horribly if they want to rules-monger it.

(I really wanted Coyote Trail for the Colonial Record supplement, which is about the American colonies before/during the Revolutionary period. Again, a nice light set of rules... just never sat down to run it. I can't say that I've got the time to re-acquaint myself & run it, though.)

There are other American West RPGs, though. Certainly not the most popular genre, but not the least, either.

If I did run anything "Western", it would probably be Dogs in the Vineyard... but that wouldn't be close to any time soon.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Mister-Kent »

Oh, I've played Dogs in the Vineyard. It was a fun time. Interesting system!
Playing

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by MrHemlocks »

Cthulhu...any era... INVICTUS, JAZZ AGE, SPACE AGE!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Honestly I wouldn't mind playing a starship troopers type game, doesn't necessarily have to be starship troopers, but the same kind of feel would be awesome.

I've also been debating about running a Dragon Age campaign on here... I run a table top 1-2 times every week and so far it's been pretty successful.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by LtTibbles »

I would be interested in in Dragon Age game if you chose to run one sometime.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by hedgeknight »

One of these days (months...years), I would like to run a D&D 3.5 game.

Dragon Age is also of interest as a player.
Winter is coming...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Zhym »

Mister-Kent wrote:I'll look forward to the rebirth of Rebirth of Power :)
Where's my "like" button?

I'd love to see someone try a Paranoia game, personally.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

so wait there is a Dragon Age game not on a computer or xbox? :shock: how did I miss that? I love Dragon Age! :o
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Q.Q Elf »

GreyWolfVT wrote:so wait there is a Dragon Age game not on a computer or xbox? :shock: how did I miss that? I love Dragon Age! :o
http://greenronin.com/dragon_age/

Green Ronin did Mutants & Masterminds, True20, the Blue Rose RPG, etc.

I understand that the Dragon Age system is different, however.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by onlyme »

I have always wanted to play in a pirate themed game. Not fantasy oriented like potc but more realistic. Old West and especially colonial sounds great as well.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dang I gotta give Dragon Age a shot now.... :D

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I honestly wasn't expecting so many people to catch my Dragon Age comment and jump on it :lol:

I may end up making a looking for players thread of my own soon...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Mister-Kent »

Oh yes--pirates was another genre I forgot to mention I'd like to play. I always welcome supernatural touches in anything I play, but a straight realistic seafaring game would rock. Have you read BlackVulmea's blog, Really Bad Eggs? Has all sorts of cool pirate RPG stuff (links to be added when I get home).

I have inklings of a campaign idea for a Revolutionary War era game, based roughly on my hometown's history. (It's current name: Harmony. The Natives' name for it? *Murderingtown*...) I'm seriously looking at Coyote Trail for its Colonial expansion set.
Playing

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Because I'm all into Apocalypse World stuff right now... Vincent Baker wrote Poison'd, which is a pirate RPG "for adults".

It's not a realistic, "hoist such-and-such a sail to gain a +.3 modifier to your sail before the wind" roll kind of simulation of sailing (and maybe piracy). Poison'd is about dirty scumbag pirates who do bad things to each other & other people.

So if "realistic" pirates means scumbags & sodomites & really bad guys, then Poison'd is an interesting game.

Anyway, Coyote Trail is a nice & lightweight system, and I'd recommend it. Inexpensive, easy to run. I bought the thing YEARS ago, and they're still giving me updates to the PDF (the last update in my DrivethruRPG library was May 2014?). Definitely a lot of value for the gaming $$$.

If you want to be sold, this is a good old discussion on Coyote Trail & Colonial Record...
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?426 ... ial-Record

Return to “Looking for players or games”