Star Wars d6 First Edition.....

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Star Wars d6 First Edition.....

#1 Post by max_vale »

Greetings peoples!

I have just wrapped up the first adventure ('Starfall') for my 1st Edition West End Games Star Wars d6 RPG group here on the site and I'm planning on running them through a second adventure ('Strike Force Shantipole') in the very near future. I've got 3 current players and was wondering if there were 1-3 new players interested in joining in? For me; 3 is enough to run a game for; but I can go up to 6 maximum and figured I'd see if anybody out there was interested.

It's a slower paced game than many on this site; 1-2 posts a week and I'll be making use of a published Adventure module (of the same name: Strike Force Shantipole); though it will be somewhat modified and condensed for a hopefully faster resolution. (The first module took over a year to finish! :) )

The game is set in the Rebel Alliance Period; between the Star Wars: A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back films; there are a few house rules and I handle all the dice rolling. If anybody is interested; please let me know in the next week or so. Thanks!

-Max

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Star Wars d6 First Edition.....

#2 Post by kipper »

WEG Star Wars d6 is one game I've wanted to try for a long time, but have never had the opportunity. I do not have the rules though, but I'd love to join if you'll have me. I'd need some hand-holding during character generation obviously :D ...

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by max_vale »

Hey Kipper! Are you the same fellow that played Gangbusters with me on the OD&D site? If so; great to play with you again! If not; then never mind this silly post!

Welcome aboard! I'll get you included on the group here shortly and then you can check out the threads and quickly learn the mechanics and how to make a character. D6 is incredibly simple really; the "core" mechanic; which applies for probably 90+ percent of the rolls is to roll a number of six-sided dice (the only kind of Die used in the game); add them together and see if you beat the Difficulty number. The other stuff is pretty easy to figure out too!

Once again; welcome aboard and I'll be PMing you soon!

-Max

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by kipper »

Yup, it's me from the Gangbusters game :D!

gavin storm
Strider
Strider

#5 Post by gavin storm »

I would be up for this, No experience of PbP but i have played with a similar gaming system on IRC. 8-)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tooleychris »

Wanna play. Can't play. Wanna play. Can't play. Wanna play. CAN'T PLAY.

Crud. Can't wins.... :(

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

Gavin Storm: Welcome aboard amigo! Though I must confess that I'm not super 'internet smart'....what does IRC mean? I know IRL means in In Real Life; but I'm drawing a blank for IRC.....'In Room Chat' maybe?

TooleyChris: Well....if it helps; I'm certainly not gonna tell anyone you're playing in this game! :) Seriously; there's room if you like and it's a slow-paced game (compared to some of the games on this site); but of course if you don't have the time; then please feel free to just follow along! :)

Everybody: As far as character concepts we currently have 1 Bothan Jedi-in-training (Bothan's are a furry humanoid alien); 1 Former Imperial Scout; and 1 TO-BE-DETERMINED. Depending on what everyone goes with; there may be a Human Female Pilot NPC.

When it comes to character concepts the only real hard and fast rules I have are: I only want 1 Jedi character per party and this role has been taken....sorry if this disappoints anyone. I also like to limit the total number of alien characters mostly because it limits chances to do 'espionage' type of activities against an overwhelmingly human Empire. With 1 Alien in the party right now; there's room for 1 more (though of course all new characters can be human as well). With that caveat; also please try to keep the concept to mostly humanoid; 2 limbs that can be used as hands; non-Invisible/non Shape-changing or other such potentially game-breaking ability type of aliens.

Also; please note that while I consider the events of Movies IV, V and VI to be cannon; NOTHING else is necessarily cannon. (For example; I have the Clone wars having run longer and further back in time than in the newer trilogy) So please don't get super upset if I don't allow or don't consider something that occurred in some video game (I'm not a big computer game guy.....in fact; I think it's been about a decade since I played a computer or video game) or is listed in some book or Wookipedia as "Fact" or Cannon.

Thanks and welcome aboard Kipper and Gavin! (and TooleyChris? :) )

Possible room for 1 more player depending on TooleyChris's decision.

gavin storm
Strider
Strider

#8 Post by gavin storm »

Irc stands for nternet relay chat in this case (mibbit or mirc are examples of this.). Rarher than posts bring done in a Forum based environment, it done in a chat room like environment.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by max_vale »

Gavin: Thanks for the explanation; I'm glad I was at least pretty close! :)

Everybody: Okay; looks like we've got a full crew set: We've got 3 returning players; one running an Alien Jedi; one running a Human Former Imperial Scout; and 1 running a Human Pilot (this is a new character to the game); and 2 new characters to be created by Gavin Storm and Kipper. Please send me your ideas for a character via PM or on the OOC thread of the Starfall game.

Thanks everybody for your interest; recruitment is now closed!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Star Wars d6 First Edition.....RECRUITMENT NOW CLOSED

#10 Post by max_vale »

gavin storm
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by gavin storm »

Been not very well the last couple of days. Will have a workable Character Sheet hopefully in the next 24 hours

Return to “Looking for players or games”