Anyone interested in B/X on Roll20?

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Anyone interested in B/X on Roll20?

#1 Post by Starbeard »

Roll20 LFP post
Semi-"novelization" of the campaign journal ("The Setting and Environs of the D&D Wilderness")

Saturdays, 8pm-12am London Time (normally GMT, but with daylight savings right now it's GMT+1)
(next game is tomorrow)

I've got a B/X sandbox campaign going, 'open table' style, with face-to-face sessions during the week and an online game through Roll20 on the weekend. The goal was/is threefold: to teach myself B/X, to introduce the fun of TSR D&D to people, and to run classic modules I've never had the chance to run before.

Anyway, now that I've figured out most of this whole Roll20 thing, I'm pitching the online game for interested parties. , Come and play once, play often, it's up to you.

The basic premise is this: I took the B/X sample setting (Karameikos, pre-Mystara) and littered it with as many classic modules from the '70s and '80s as I could get my hands on, then churned out a massive rumours table. Players typically start at Keep on the Borderlands (in my game near Threshold), roll up some rumours and go hex crawling and dungeon crawling as you fancy. I try my best to stick to the clock so that everyone is back in town by the end of the session, unless everyone agrees to come back next week to pick up where we left off. So far I think players have uncovered bits and pieces of about a dozen modules across all three of my tables.
Last edited by Starbeard on Fri May 26, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Anyone interested in B/X on Roll20?

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Oh, I hope this works. I won't be able to play because the timing won't work, but I've been wanting to get a Roll20 game going using a non-d20 edition for a long while now.

Following.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#3 Post by Scott308 »

I'm interested. I definitely can't make it this weekend as I'll be at a game convention, but I might be able to play some other weekends.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Starbeard »

Fantastic. Just message me here on US if you'd like an invite (the one thing I still can't figure out on Roll20 is how to look up people by their username; its forum & member interface is really terrible).

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

IIRC members can request to join a game. Which should be able to be done via your game link above.
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Starbeard »

Okay, I see it. Thanks Ron, that helps a lot.

Man, sending a new private message or finding a member's page is just about impossible unless you already have a link to it.

We had a good session last night. Five players, one toasted by the dragon when he decided to run instead of hide. Giant spiders infesting the forest were neutralized by setting the forest on fire (of course), and an entrance to a dungeon was found.

Roll20 had really bad audio problems all session, so I'm instructed to switch to Discord for the audio. I think that means everyone will be asked to log into Discord to hear/use audio, and we'll chat in the Roll20 interface.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Kill it with fire is always my plan C! Sounds like a great time.
I think the times I've used Roll20 we've used skype or something else as the audio component.
Maybe even g+ hangouts once. But Roll20 is fun! And 5 players is a great group.
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Looking for players or games”