OOC / Questions?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC / Questions?

#981 Post by Alethan »

Not a problem, Ron.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#982 Post by ToniXX »

That works for me too. I've had to put everything on this site on hold for about two weeks now.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#983 Post by dmw71 »

You mean this game wasn't already on hold? I'm kidding, Ron!

This is totally fine with me. In fact, I'm in support of the decision if it means the game will return with renewed vigor at some point.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#984 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:You mean this game wasn't already on hold? I'm kidding, Ron!
Funny guy! :D
Dave wrote:This is totally fine with me. In fact, I'm in support of the decision if it means the game will return with renewed vigor at some point.
That's definitely my intention!!

Stuff has been crazy. I had to deal with a personnel issue at 7am this morning and still have 50 pages of RFP to write, due tomorrow. Which I haven't had much time to even start. ARGH.

But yeah, I know everyone's RL has been interesting lately. And I definitely want to bring this game back at some point.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#985 Post by Argennian »

+3 here as well, Ron. And best of luck with all that work stuff.

I might have to break out me old teddy & super-secret bottle of high end tequila for a good cry tonight but you can be sure that I'll be here and ready when the call for action goes out! :)

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#986 Post by rredmond »

Not sure who saw it on Facebook or not, but I figure I'd post it here:

http://youtu.be/cIDN8U8a4J4

Not sure if I am, as my wife believes, a big ole jerk. :D
Be ware, at the beginning, you get a "I'm seeing the Beatles" kinda scream from my 12yo. So keep the volume up for the first part of it, then when you hear "Disney World" out of my mouth, you will want to turn it way done for quite a few seconds. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#987 Post by Alethan »

Nice. Well done, Ron!

Love that the youngest was the first to get up and give you a hug.

Huh. Guess I never really heard that New England accent until just now, though.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#988 Post by rredmond »

The oldest was just purely happy. The 10yo is my sarcastic girl, and realist, she told my wife a couple days ago "oh mommy, I know you want to go to Disney, but we just don't have the funds for it" :shock: Actually Hannah, my 10yo, didn't believe it until this morning, she still thought I was teasing them.
The 7yo is the really anxious one (different than the 10yo's anxiety) and she was worried about riding in a plane ("I'm afraid of heights") and then was so overcome with all sorts of emotion she didn't know what to do! She was awake until 11pm last night. :)
But yeah, the 4yo has been waking up from naps the past couple days saying "we're going to Disney, I know we're going". Considering all the weird coincidences, we figured now was as good a time as any to spill the beans. :D

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#989 Post by ToniXX »

That's awesome, man!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#990 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:The oldest was just purely happy. The 10yo is my sarcastic girl, and realist, she told my wife a couple days ago "oh mommy, I know you want to go to Disney, but we just don't have the funds for it" :shock: Actually Hannah, my 10yo, didn't believe it until this morning, she still thought I was teasing them.
The 7yo is the really anxious one (different than the 10yo's anxiety) and she was worried about riding in a plane ("I'm afraid of heights") and then was so overcome with all sorts of emotion she didn't know what to do! She was awake until 11pm last night. :)
But yeah, the 4yo has been waking up from naps the past couple days saying "we're going to Disney, I know we're going". Considering all the weird coincidences, we figured now was as good a time as any to spill the beans. :D
In just a few minutes of footage, I can see the 10yo shows all the classic signs of MCS.

MCS is a very challenging and problematic issue you should be aware of, Ron. It will affect them (and probably you) for their whole life. It may even affect their children, should they chose to have any.

If I were you, I would take efforts to acknowledge MCS as soon as possible and work towards figuring out ways to mitigate it as best you can.

Al
(An MCS survivor... so far)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#991 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:Not sure who saw it on Facebook or not, but I figure I'd post it here:

http://youtu.be/cIDN8U8a4J4

Not sure if I am, as my wife believes, a big ole jerk. :D
Be ware, at the beginning, you get a "I'm seeing the Beatles" kinda scream from my 12yo. So keep the volume up for the first part of it, then when you hear "Disney World" out of my mouth, you will want to turn it way done for quite a few seconds. ;)
Ron,

Point of Order Pomegranate: That could be the most cute & rad video that I've ever seen on YouTube.

Well done, indeed. That is some good stuff from Super Dad +10!! 8-)

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#992 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:
rredmond wrote:The oldest was just purely happy. The 10yo is my sarcastic girl, and realist, she told my wife a couple days ago "oh mommy, I know you want to go to Disney, but we just don't have the funds for it" :shock: Actually Hannah, my 10yo, didn't believe it until this morning, she still thought I was teasing them.
In just a few minutes of footage, I can see the 10yo shows all the classic signs of MCS.

MCS is a very challenging and problematic issue you should be aware of, Ron. It will affect them (and probably you) for their whole life. It may even affect their children, should they chose to have any.

If I were you, I would take efforts to acknowledge MCS as soon as possible and work towards figuring out ways to mitigate it as best you can.

Al
(An MCS survivor... so far)
MCS = Middle Child Syndrome, since nobody asked...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#993 Post by rredmond »

I saw it in the Urban Dictionary, so no worries. ;)
Originally I was trying to think if how compulsive worked into the acronym somehow. :D

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#994 Post by Alethan »

It never goes away, honestly.

When my wife and I were in the early dating stages, I was telling her one of my MCS stories and she said, "You know, you shouldn't let that stuff bother you anymore. That was a long time ago."
I replied, "No, that was two months ago."

My parents completely forgot my birthday a few years ago, and I even have the same birthday as my maternal grandfather!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#995 Post by rredmond »

Ouch!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#996 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:It never goes away, honestly.

When my wife and I were in the early dating stages, I was telling her one of my MCS stories and she said, "You know, you shouldn't let that stuff bother you anymore. That was a long time ago."
I replied, "No, that was two months ago."

My parents completely forgot my birthday a few years ago, and I even have the same birthday as my maternal grandfather!
I was wondering what MCS was.
Wow, yeah ouch. I know nothing of what you speak, since I'm a spoiled only-child.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”