Dice Roller status: down for maintenance?

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dice Roller status: down for maintenance?

#1 Post by Argennian »

Went to go make a couple of rolls and noticed that the roller isn't shown on the site's home page. :shock: (Is this the same for eveyone else?)

ToniXX: Is the roller down for regular maintenance or some such? If not, has the link been moved or removed?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Dice Roller status: down for maintenance?

#2 Post by rredmond »

IIRC he did remove the link, because you can use the top right of the top-o'-the-page banner to get to the die roller. I only know this because I asked him the very same question yesterday. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

I got a script error at first, but it seems to be working now. I never used any links off of this forum to get to it, so I didn't notice the change. I've always just used a bookmark.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:IIRC he did remove the link, because you can use the top right of the top-o'-the-page banner to get to the die roller. I only know this because I asked him the very same question yesterday. ;)
Alethan wrote:I got a script error at first, but it seems to be working now. I never used any links off of this forum to get to it, so I didn't notice the change. I've always just used a bookmark.

Ahh.. thank you gentlemen!

<sighs and feels IQ-challeneged, again :roll: >

Funny, I had always just went to the roller via the home page link and never really realized they were actually different sites. Ok, so back in business! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by ToniXX »

LOL! You freaked me out for a sec. It seems to be working now. I knew if I removed that link it would mess a few people up. Sorry, Argennian!

I'm really considering moving the dice roller to a new host, as it seems to have slow response times on occasion. But moving it all won't be fun, so I'm holding off at least for now.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Having trouble with the dice roller. Won't let me roll character stats. Something about a script error or maybe down for maintenance? I've tried in chrome and now IE. Same result:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch: 'cint'

/support/allpurpose.asp, line 149

Thanks for any info. New here, so not sure if something's wrong on my end...
"I must lie down where all the ladders start / In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart." —W. B. Yeats, "The Circus Animals' Desertion"

Geert Harfoot, Level 1 Halfling, Spartakos's Borderlands of Lamora Game
Brother Constantine, Level 3 Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User, Spartakos's Play by Board Game
Former Unseen Servant DM, UK5 Eye of the Serpent

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into it now. It seems that the site that I use to generate the random numbers for dice rolls (random.org) is down. This is not good... I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it is temporary.

** EDIT ** This problem will affect all dice rolls.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by ragnboneshopper »

OK, thanks!
"I must lie down where all the ladders start / In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart." —W. B. Yeats, "The Circus Animals' Desertion"

Brother Constantine, Level 3 Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User, Spartakos's Play by Board Game

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Looks like it's back up! :D

Return to “Help and Support”