Tables and Google Sheets

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Tables and Google Sheets

#1 Post by Eris »

I tried it and you can manually put in table/row/headings/definition tags into a post, but that's a tough row to hoe!

Is there an easy way to get a table into a post on Unseen Servant?

I thought, maybe the ss= tag, but YIKES, that just embeds the whole sheet, menus and all, not just a block of cells. Really over kill for simple tables.

OTOH, I might be able to use the ss= tag to handle character sheets for my Traveller game. Is that the way other GM's are handling non-D&D character sheets?

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Tables and Google Sheets

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That is how toolychris did his non D&D game sheets.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by ToniXX »

Here's a little tool that makes BBCODE tables a little easier
http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode- ... rator.aspx
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Eris »

ToniXX wrote:Here's a little tool that makes BBCODE tables a little easier
http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode- ... rator.aspx
Yep, that will do it! Thanks.

And I figured out that if you Publish to web, instead of share I can get the ss= to do what I wanted, too.

Now, what about that sheet tab? :-) I think it has to do with putting CSS into a post but there are no directions anywhere that I can find. Is there documentation somewhere?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by ToniXX »

Eris wrote:Now, what about that sheet tab? :-) I think it has to do with putting CSS into a post but there are no directions anywhere that I can find. Is there documentation somewhere?
What are you referring to here? Using a spreadsheet for a character sheet?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Eris »

ToniXX wrote:
Eris wrote:Now, what about that sheet tab? :-) I think it has to do with putting CSS into a post but there are no directions anywhere that I can find. Is there documentation somewhere?
What are you referring to here? Using a spreadsheet for a character sheet?
No, no! Different subject, really, but it occurred to me while I was replying to this one.

Between ooc and spoiler on the button bar there is a button for sheet. The Tip says "Styles can be applied quickly to selected text."

Code: Select all

[sheet][/sheet]
It drops the above code into a post. I figure it has something to do with style sheets based on the tip, but what and how doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

I was wondering if you can embed an inline style in there or something to do formatting and functions that bbcode doesn't allow? Things like: change font, change text alignment, super and subscripts, hr, h1, etc.

What does it do and how do you use it?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

The sheet tag allows you to embed a read-only version of a character sheet into the Unseen Servant forums. Use it like this, but use square brackets instead of curly ones: {sheet}pcid{/sheet}, where 'pcid' is the number of your character sheet. If you use the sheet system at the roller, it shows you this number for each PC

Will look like this

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Eris »

ToniXX wrote:The sheet tag allows you to embed a read-only version of a character sheet into the Unseen Servant forums. Use it like this, but use square brackets instead of curly ones: {sheet}pcid{/sheet}, where 'pcid' is the number of your character sheet. If you use the sheet system at the roller, it shows you this number for each PC

Will look like this
Oh of course! Slaps self upside the head! :) Once you explain it, it makes perfect sense.

The Character Sheet is a cool idea and seems well implemented here, but won't help me with my Traveller game. If I ever get around to running a fantasy game, though, I'll jump all over it.

Thanks for explaining.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Help and Support”