Not Getting Game updates

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Not Getting Game updates

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Not entirely sure if anyone else has had this issue but I have had times when players that were getting the regular email updates when a thread or topic is updated, report that they hadn't been getting the update emails anymore for days. Not sure if they started getting them again but it is in part slowing down some games because players are not getting the emails when someone makes a post. Yes in some cases it was a new topic/thread and the players forgot to subscribe to them but even after that from time to time they have been reporting not getting the updates.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Not Getting Game updates

#2 Post by dmw71 »

I'll just chime in and say that I haven't had any issues with email notifications from followed posts. They're 20 minutes delayed (I don't remember them taking that long in the past), but they have been consistent -- from both public and private forums.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That is the same for me but I have had players tell me what I have just reported. Same in some of the games I am playing in other players claim to not get the emails at a consistent rate.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by ToniXX »

There are two things that might be going on here:
  • When an automated email is sent out saying there's a new post, subsequent posts WILL NOT generate more automated emails until the user reads that post or forum in question. It says this at the end of each automated email:
    no more notifications will be sent until you visit the forum.
    So, maybe the first message was missed, and since the user didn't visit the forums, no further messages get sent, and the user thinks that nothing is going on for days.
  • The messages may be going to a spam trap. There are so many different anti-spam offerings out there and they all work differently. Some may interpret the messages from the forums as spam. Tell your players to check their spam if they are sure the issue isn't the one outlined above. They can also put the email 'admin@unseenservant.us' on their anti-spam white list and messages from these forums will never be considered spam again.
The automated message notifications work great for me. I've never personally encountered a problem. The best policy I've found is just to make a point to visit the forums at least once a day. Check the games you're in and look for new posts. If there are none, you're done in under three minutes. If there are posts, reply to them if necessary, or make a mental note to return and make your replies.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

There is a bit of a delay I noticed though I was getting the emails myself 2-5 min or so after replying to the forum myself noticing the icon indicating new posts in a forum i had not yet gotten the update email on. Surely just a fluke of the email provider being slower than the forums.

Return to “Help and Support”