Site blocking my computer, saying its a pop up

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Site blocking my computer, saying its a pop up

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Today, I have started to experience a problem with adding files/images to a post. When I click the browse button to add a file from my computer, a message comes up saying that Internet Explorer blocked a pop-up from OWNER-PC. I tried to access my internet security options to disable this, but could not do so on this site for some reason. Does this sound like a problem on my end or something that needs to be fixed on the site?

The problem is not as crippling, considering I mainly use it for just adding images and map updates, but it will be pain to try to describe everything perfectly to everyone. If you can check into this soon, it would be most appreciated, thanks!

-Rukellian
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Site blocking my computer, saying its a pop up

#2 Post by Alethan »

Rukellian wrote:...Internet Explorer...
Found your problem.

(Sorry. Had to say it. But seriously, consider using Firefox or Chrome for better performance and usability.)

Don't know of any site updates that recently took place. In fact, I'm pretty sure ToniXX is traveling at the moment and doesn't have the resources available. Sounds like it might be on your end, in any case.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan is right. No changes lately. And ditch Internet Explorer. :-)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

Thanks for the quick response. Knowing that Internet Explorer is a bit faulty by nature, I will just archive most of my images onto my laptop and use its safari instead ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Help and Support”