Re: CHAPTER 7: The Great Mushroom Harvest

#21 Post by Zhym »

Kurot waits, not sure what to do.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri speaks quietly to those near I can sense that one of them is apprehensive to a degree, but I feel no hostility. This is encouraging

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Norjax »

Belial continues to interact with the group next to the jagged, stone pillars. (Encounter via PM with Urson)

Visual Aid: Belial and the strangers are to the lower left; your approach is from the upper right.

The flying baboon has landed, but keeps his wings spread as if able to resume flight at a moment’s notice. The forward group notices two figures approach the shallow cliff and stand, observing your activities. One of them is a 7’ tall humanoid and the other appears to be a humanoid under 6’ high.

Actions?

Last edited by Norjax on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack slowly moves forward with the drot swine and cart creeping along at a very slow walking pace towards the encampment.
Jack continues doing as mentioned above.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri turns to the others, Let's continue forward, yes?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon flies back to rejoin his friends. Dudes! They don't seem to want any more trouble than we do. They said if we go near the biggest stone- on the South side- they'll go to the north one- then.... he looks puzzled. Somethin' about being embarrassed, I think?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by greyarea »

Denslow says,I was hoping we might make new friends. At least they weren't new enemies.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"Maybe we can at least trade news or rumors with them?"
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack speaks up "Anyone not an enemy out here is a good thing. Far too many enemies to be found, a new friend is a far nicer outcome."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken sighs with relief at the news. "Can we ask 'em if there's anything out her to watch for? Maybe something we don't know about?"
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon nods and grins, agreeing with the general positive vibes of the group. He'll make his way to the appointed waiting spot, then dig a snack out of his pack

Bummer! Got no fruit left? he mutters.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Norjax »

Per Belial’s instructions, everyone moves up to the marker stones and gathers near the southern pillar. The strangers move to the north stone and assess your party.

(From left to right) An armored person around 5’-8” high, casually issuing orders; a hulking 7’, blue-skinned humanoid in black leather armor holding a rifle of some sort; a mutant monstrosity over 7’ high combining a female human and a spider; a cloaked figure with a mask that is floating 2-3’ above the ground; a person with multiple melee weapons burdened with a large backpack.

The armored figure with helmet and mask approaches your group, with the blue-skinned hulk walking a few steps to the right and behind. The hulk has a formidable rifle that he keeps at the ready but not pointing in your direction. They stop about 10 feet away and the armored figure speaks with a gravely female voice, “My name is Hiona Plateface and my companion here is Tamah Nojaz. We are traveling to Nuv Vano on the Eastern Sea. We have no desire for conflict, but we are formidable opponents. How should we continue?”

The three other strangers have taken up a position with their backs to each other, but none are brandishing weapons with aggressive intent.

Actions?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

Kurot waits passively. He has no desire to initiate hostilities, but he also sees no advantage of being the one to say so.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by greyarea »

The tree steps forward. I'm am known as Denslow and my companions may name themselves if they wish. We are from Hagalton on our own mission. We seek no conflict but will defend ourselves fiercely should the need arise.

We may pass each other, one on the north of the road, one south, like a breeze through leaves. Or we may dine together and speak of many things. We would welcome news from the west and I'd wager you would like the same from the east. Though we many not have aligning priorities, our passage might be fruitful.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zhym »

Kurot wonders if he should be embarrassed that a tree is more articulate than he is.

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack tips his hat to the other group "I wish for no conflict either. We're headed to a mushroom grove and should be no trouble to you and your group. We won't hinder you in any way. My names Jack, pleasure to meet someone not hostile out here."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Norjax »

“Greetings Denslow, Jack,” says Hiona. She removes her helmet and goggles, and then continues, “Mushrooms you say? We once tried to explore the fungoid forests on the isthmus between the Exica and Lightning Seas, but were turned back by Karub Pirates.”(see world map -ML)

She pauses, looking at Jack’s side arm. “Is that a Slugger?”

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:...
She pauses, looking at Jack’s side arm. “Is that a Slugger?”[/b]
Jack replies back "Indeed it is. Hard to find ammo for the thing though. I've carried it with me for quite some time."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Norjax »

“I was once a Ranger from the Zatox Territories,” she replies. ”I lost my Slugger fleeing spiders in the Bloodbone Lands.” (Jack knows of the Bloodbone Lands in Zatox, a region reputed to have once been alive after being exposed to another dimension. –ML)

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Sorry to hear that. Mine's been with me since I was but a Sheriff she's gotten me out of some sticky situations too."

Return to “Archive”