CHAPTER 6: Resupply at Hagalton

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

CHAPTER 6: Resupply at Hagalton

#1 Post by Norjax »

Days 56-65

After the discovery of the fungal canyon and cave system, the group decides to return to Hagalton for a resupply before exploring this new environment.

The journey back to Hagalton transpired without any major events. Some plasma lighting was seen off to the west while still in the Gam’A Zone and a merchant caravan was encountered on the Long Route, heading to the Do Sisip Crown. They warned you about increased pigmonn activity out of the Confedorksy, but you saw no signs as you traveled east. You reach Hagalton on day 65, paying Lejis Mew 10sp each for two day’s stay at his boarding house. You notice that he has over a dozen permanent tents (with wood floors) outside of his establishment. He tells you that Hagalton has seen an increase in visitors tempting fate in the Gam’A Zone.

You take the treasures collected from inside the Zone and sell them to the appropriate people. Den Lo (10) is surprised to see you and his companion insect Chis buzzes around happily on seeing your return. Inquiry into Chis’ jubilance is explained by Den.

“I bet him you wouldn’t make it back,” the mutant raccoon admits. “But, now that you are here, here’s to a profitable relationship, my motely friends!”

• (3) jars of honey 180gp

Gegu-I, the mutant human who is the town waste miner (51), happily takes your scrap wiring and boxes.

• scrap wiring 32gp
    scrap metal boxes 13gp

The final haul of mechanical jewelry is purchased by Llirb, the Jeweler and Appraiser (37)

• mechanical jewelry 9gp

After cashing in on the bounty from the nocturnal bee tower, each of you is awarded 33gp, 4sp & 3cp. After spending the 1gp for a two day stay at the boarding house, you each have:

• 32gp
    4sp
    3cp

The journey back to the fungal canyon will take 10 days each way, 20 days total. This will amount to 10gp/person for rations. You have 1 days worth of rations remaining after supplementing your supplies with roasted bee larvae, so the cost for a return and back trip is 9gp, 5sp. You should estimate how many days you’d like to explore the canyon & add supplies for that.

Frank and Jiminy have decided to part ways and head north, in search of Jiminy’s origins. They bid you a farewell, and head north on the road to Migmand. Loosing Frank hits hard for some of you who have been with him since the Battle of Caston against the Ant Lord.

Your concerns about depletion in the ranks is soon resolved after meeting three travelers from the north; Silvestri the Psionist(a human with mental mutations), May-Jor(a hulking mutant bear with cybernetic enhancements) and Denslow (a mutant plant in the form of a walking tree). They have come to Hagalton in search of adventure, and happily accept your invitation to join you on the journey back into the Gam’A Zone.

Actions?

neurotox
Strider
Strider

Re: CHAPTER 6: Resupply at Hagalton

#2 Post by neurotox »

May-Jor paces aimlessly, swinging her arms and legs at odd intervals, doing her best to loosen up the hinges and pistons of her exo-frame in preparation for another long walk. After a couple good flails, she decides to rein in her movements a bit, noticing the concerned looks from nearby travelers. A few wineskins and a big sack labeled “FOODS” hang off the pneumatic struts jutting from her arms, lightly clattering into one another as they bounce around. She is chewing something grey-yellow, and speaks in a low, guttural register. “So, what’re we gettin’ into today, fellas?”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri, Psionicist

Almost mesmerised by the motions of the bear, Silvestri finally drags his gaze away, casting a brief glance in direction of the Gam'A zone before returning his eyes back to the group. "The furry one asks a good question, do we have a goal for this trip or are we just exploring?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by greyarea »

Denslow speaks slowly in a deep, resonating voice, I prefer to have a goal in mind. No need to set roots, but merely following the sun seems like folly. I do not care to be swayed by any change in breeze.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack tips his hat "Mostly exploration of the Gam'A'Zone been looking for things of interest to some of the shops in Hagalton like the honey from the bees out there along with scrap we find."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx of Starlight

Blixx Silver-white Hair, white feathery antennae, large black multifaceted eyes (moth-Like),
pointed ears, slightly longer incisors, he stands barely over 5 foot in height

"Welcome aboard friends, we've seen some marvelous things out in the wild." "There is this beautiful fungus forest in a canyon, I am wanting to explore, some caves there too." Maybe we can ask around here and see if there are any rare mushrooms we can harvest and bring back for money." Blixx smiles
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Norjax »

After chatting with his comrades, Blixx recalls that the Healer (56) offered to buy specific mushrooms known to grow inside the ‘Zone. Further inquiry with the locals indicates that the following establishments might be interested in fungi or fungal extracts:
  • The snakemonn who owns the foodstuff and provisions (2) - Fungi to use in trail rations.

The Baker (6) - Yeast for breads.

The Tanner/Leatherworker (26) - Fungal extracts for preserving/coloring.

The Herb and Spice trader (28) - Fungal extracts.

neurotox
Strider
Strider

#8 Post by neurotox »

"Pickin' mushrooms! Got it. But if we do find honey, you folks make sure to share."
May-Jor trades one of her silver pieces (21gp, 5sp remaining) for a small sack, the better for collecting mushrooms.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by greyarea »

I've had to fight fungal infections in the past. No fun. The toadstools really itch and my roots were barking, let me tell you. Are there other non-mushroom hunting adventures we can go on? Denslow asks.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

Belial

The mutant baboon with the bat wings hoots, his muzzle split in what can only be a smile.

Welcome, mi compadres! It's awesome to meet some new folks! They call me Belial. Yo, Tree-Dude! Any of those fruits ripe? I could really use a snack, man!

He settles on his haunches, grooming the fur on his chest. Once I know how much dinero I got to work with, I think maybe I want to go shoppin for a new crossbow- somethin' with a little more 'authority'. So, how much we gotta spend for food, anyway?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Norjax »

greyarea wrote:I've had to fight fungal infections in the past. No fun. The toadstools really itch and my roots were barking, let me tell you. Are there other non-mushroom hunting adventures we can go on? Denslow asks.
The ruins of Sott’ Urwa are somewhere south of the marker stones, just inside the barrier. Most explorers head there due to its proximity to the Long Route. But, competition is fierce and fights have broken out amongst the ruins. There are also colonies of Thorax Scavengers living in the ruins along with various mutated insects. - "Den Lo-Chis"

MAP:

Jack, Blixx, Frekken, Bart and Belial encountered this group heading for Sott’ Urwa:

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Mister-Kent »

Urson wrote:Belial:
Welcome, mi compadres! It's awesome to meet some new folks!"
Frekken the frogmonn croaks confidently and shares Belial's sentiment. "Glad to have you three with us! I'm Sad to see Jim'ny and ol' Frank go, hope they're okay out there. But now with you three, I'm sure our next scout will go great!"

"I'm going to see about getting some rations--even we're going back to the fungus canyon, we're gonna need lots!"

He looks at May-Jor and Denslow. "Er, don't mean to be rude, but--well I reckon I know what Silvestri here eats. But what do you two like to...consume?" He chooses his words very carefully, something he learned from his daddy.

neurotox
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by neurotox »

”Oh, you know, copper pipes, rebar, broken glass. If you’re treating yourself though, a nice bowl of belt buckles with motor oil and pencil shavings really hits the spot!”

“...Kidding.”

She unties a big sack from one of her shoulder-struts, and pulls out an assortment of foods. “Already stocked up. Got a whole lotta jerky, some tree nuts, pretty sure this is cheese? Or bread? Doesn’t matter, something like that, charred it so it wouldn’t be as runny. Anyway, whatever it is, got enough to eat for a couple weeks. Walk around enough, you eat whatever tastes good!”

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by greyarea »

Denslow smiles. Baboons are my favorite dinner, perhaps with a side of frog legs. He smiles slyly at Frekken and Belial.

Kidding. I'm a dirtitarian and I love to soak up the rays. I'm not a meat eater like my cousin Audrey II, so you don't have to worry about me competing with you for food. And to answer your question, looking meaningfully at Belial, you'd find my fruit doesn't agree with you, I can guarantee that.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri smiles at the interactions, "I've already got trail rations too. My understanding was it's 10 days either way, so I got enough for 25 days, although I'm sure I'll be sick of them by the end of the trip. I've got a few coins left over if there is anything useful we'll need for the journey?"

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 65

The original group: Jack, Blixx, Frekken, Bart & Belial share their experiences inside the Gam’a Zone with their new companions, Silvestri, May-Jor and Denslow. Their knowledge is now yours, when dealing with and understanding challenges inside the Zone.

Hagalton, Day 66

After awaking on the second day in Hagalton, you discuss final preparations for venturing back into the Gam’A Zone. The general consensus is to head for the fungal canyon to collect fungal treasures and explore the potential cave system. Denslow’s aversion to fungi, opens the possibility to find and explore Sott’ Urwa and compete with the various groups of explorers reputed to have traveled there.

How many days are you exploring inside the Zone, and are you going to the fungal canyon/cave system or the ruins of Sott’ Urwa?

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri, Psionicist

Silvestri listens attentively to the groups stories of adventure in the Gam'A zone. His youthful face is usually filled with interest and wonder at their experiences, however all notice that his face darkens at the mention of the Piggmon and his hand unconsciously slips to his sword, gripping the pommel tightly.

When discussion turns to their choice of destination he speaks up..."I'm more of an adventurer than a fighter. I can look after myself, but I haven't got much experience of actual fighting, which is an almost definite outcome of going to Sott' Urwa from what you've said. So my preferred choice would be the canyon..." he turns to their arboreal companion "...but if the fungus is going to be a real problem to you my friend, then we should avoid that option"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by greyarea »

The tree ruminates. No, I shall see if I can find some Tinactin in town. If not, I will just put up with the itch. We can hunt 'shrooms, decides Denslow

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"Don't worry Denslow, if you have any fungus troubles I'll help you fix them!" he gives the tree-man a smile and slaps him on the back/trunk.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"Denslow, I've heard powdered limestone or soapstone might keep that nasty rash at bay, maybe not just you could be in danger!" Blixx realizes.

While obtaining supplies Blixx will look into obtaining an anti-fungal concoction.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Return to “Archive”