Character build thread (DCC/MCC)

Norjax
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Character build thread (DCC/MCC)

#1 Post by Norjax »

Posts relevant to character creation using the DCC/MCC rules.

ARMOR, WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT:

Last edited by Norjax on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character build thread (DCC/MCC)

#2 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri the Psionicist

Strength: 10
Agility: 11
Stamina: 15
Personality: 16
Intelligence: 19 (+2 added due to dual-brain mutation)
Luck: 14

Stat rolls before assignation:
Stats: STR:15, WIS:10, INT:17, DEX:11, CON:14, CHR:16

I've made guesses at what would be good assignents for a psionicist, so any suggestions for better assignment are welcome.

starting money: 180gp

starting money: [3d8x10] = 18x10 = 180

hit points: 60

hit points: [10d6] = 43, [5d6] = 17

Birth Sign:
birth sign: [1d30] = 3

Mental Mutation rolls:
mutant powers: [1d100] = 30,[1d100] = 47,[1d100] = 27 (empathy, magnetic control, dual-brain)

Equipement:

studded leather armour (reinforced long leather duster coat)
long sword
dagger
long bow
Quiver + 20 arrows
backpack
bedroll
Flint & steel
ink (vial)
quill x3
paper x5
trial rations (25 days)
silk rope, 50'
spyglass
torch x8
waterskin

total cost: 141gp, 2 sp
encumbrance: 81lbs

remaining money: 38gp, 8sp

background:

Silvestri lived on a farm with his parents and two younger sisters. When he was 12 the farm was attached by Pigmonn, looted and everybody was left for dead. Luckily the next day a passing tinker found Silvestri alive in the rubble and the was taken to town to recover. He was taken in by the widow Berenson who gave him a place to live and paid for an education. It took many months for him to physically recover. He swore he would get revenge on those who killed his family, and that he would never be unable to defend himself, so he took whatever odd jobs he could over the years and saved his pay to equip himself. He also found a retired hunter to teach him the sword and bow. All the while he honed his newly emerging mental powers that started to manifest while he was recuperating.

Description:

Silvestri is tall, slim, male human in his late teens and stands just shy of 6'. His lightly tanned skin indicates he is not a complete stranger to working outdoors. He has short blonde hair and keeps his handsome face clean shaven. His eyes are a keen, sparkling, blue that seem to take in every detail. He wears tough, practical clothes, boots and a long duster coat made of differently coloured tanned hides. Inside his coat can be seen a sword hanging on his belt, and he carries a long bow over his shoulder.
Attachments
silvestri_small3.jpg
silvestri_small3.jpg (32.25 KiB) Viewed 7163 times
silvestri_face.jpg
silvestri_face.jpg (11.74 KiB) Viewed 7163 times
Last edited by shaidar on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

neurotox
Strider
Strider

#3 Post by neurotox »

Doing all of my equipment buying here.

Starting equipment: [3d8x10] = 13x10 = 130

Armor: Studded Leather equivalent (crafted from recycled plastic crates and bins, with flat metal debris like rotors and soda cans melded into the surface) 30gp
Weapon: Longbow (scavenged aluminum frame, grip from a shattered plastic gun, wire string), 1d8, 20 arrows, 45gp
Weapon: Axe (beaten fire axe handle, blade has been replaced with two circular saw blades bent into a wedge), 1d8, 6gp
Weapon: Natural weapon (paws n' claws), 1d4, free
Clothes: Long yellow and red knit poncho (over armor), blue/yellow bicycle helmet, free
81gp, 49 left

Gear:
Backpack, 2gp (other gear in backpack)
Bedroll, 0.1gp
Crowbar, 2gp
Grappling Hook, 1gp
Oil Flask (x3), 0.3gp
Rope 50' (attached to Grappling Hook), 1gp
Torches (8), 0.3gp
6.7gp, 42.3gp left

Food:
Large Sack, 0.2gp (hanging from metal armatures)
Rations, unpreserved x3 (charred mushroom-stuff), 0.6gp
Rations, unpreserved x2 (purple fruits that drip if you squeeze them), 0.4gp
Rations, preserved x13 (spicy jerky flanks, nut balls, roasted flower pods) 6.5gp
Waterskin, filled with water x5, 5gp (stored in backpack)
Wineskin, filled with purple or yellow wine x4, 8gp (hanging from metal armatures)
20.7 gp

21gp 6sp remaining, may adjust purchases to accommodate small toolkit if able.

neurotox
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by neurotox »

Sheet is more or less finished. MCC attributes should be:

Strength 18 (modified from 15)
Agility 16
Stamina 12
Personality 7
Intellect 13
Luck 11

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by greyarea »

Denslow, plantient

Stats: STR:12, INT:8, WIS:18, DEX:9, CON:17, CHR:16

STR 12
AGL 17 +2
STA 18 +3
PER 9
INT 8 -1
LUCK 16 +2

(If I'm allowed to swap INT and AGL scores)

Birth sign [1d30] = 2
The Roxen: All melee attack rolls

Hit Points [8d5] = 22 + [10d5] = 20
42 HP plus CON modifiers if we are using those (45)

If I swapped PER and INT, Denslow could grow/throw Ugli Fruit and would obviously speak with a Jamacian feel, mon.

Suggested mutations include Prehensile Tendrils, Explosive Fruit (or not even explosive, but I'd like to use them as ranged thrown weapons), and Free Movement. These are all from Mutant Future; MCC doesn't seem to have good plant mutations and Umerica doesn't have plants as PCs at all it seems. :)

A Neutral Alignment, I suppose.

starting gold [3d8x10] = 14x10 = 140
Large sack to carry his gold, I guess. What does a modern, hip plantient need these days? Do plantients eat? Maybe a busload of water skins would be appropriate.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

just wanted to say I love the robobear and intelligent tree.

my character is a little bit tame in comparison, but I'm new to the system, so wanted to start of relatively simply.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Norjax »

greyarea wrote: STR 12
AGL 17 +2
STA 18 +3
PER 9
INT 8 -1
LUCK 16 +2

(If I'm allowed to swap INT and AGL scores)
Yes, you mat swap them.
Hit Points [8d5] = 22 + [10d5] = 20
42 HP plus CON modifiers if we are using those (45)
No CON modifier on hit points.
Suggested mutations include Prehensile Tendrils, Explosive Fruit (or not even explosive, but I'd like to use them as ranged thrown weapons), and Free Movement. These are all from Mutant Future; MCC doesn't seem to have good plant mutations and Umerica doesn't have plants as PCs at all it seems. :)
Indeed. I will check these out and modify, if needed, to suit our DCC/MMC game.
A Neutral Alignment, I suppose.
I'd say the Atomic Equinox is close to True Neutral.
The Stewards of Fate are Neutral Good or Neutral Evil
What does a modern, hip plantient need these days? Do plantients eat? Maybe a busload of water skins would be appropriate.
Plantients would still require rations in the form of fortified soil.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote:my character is a little bit tame in comparison, but I'm new to the system, so wanted to start of relatively simply.
Psionist is a good choice for diversity. They can pass for a PSH, but have more to offer.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by greyarea »

Norjax wrote:
greyarea wrote: What does a modern, hip plantient need these days? Do plantients eat? Maybe a busload of water skins would be appropriate.
Plantients would still require rations in the form of fortified soil.
Iron fortified rations :)

Sounds good!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by shaidar »

I've added to couple of pics to my character post further up to help with visualising Silvestri.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote:I've added to couple of pics to my character post further up to help with visualising Silvestri.
Roger, that!

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

BirthSign[1d30] = 28

Blixx of Starlight is on a quest, one of glory, honor and perhaps redemption. His story began many, many years ago in the village of Starlight. The village arose from the ruins of an ancient storehouse of knowledge, (a Drive-In Theater). His childhood was filled with wonderful stories of the ancients and their constant battles with evil and, always, in the end, the hero triumphed… in the stories. Blixx was a fortunate child growing up his skin had never a blemish and he always had a wonderful ruddy and healthy glow. He never had an injury that lasted more than a few moments, always the picture of health. Blixx did not know then that his latent powers were leaching the life from his family and friends. First, the old and the young fell victim to Blixx's unchecked hunger. Eventually even the most healthy and vigorous fell ill and perished.

Any way we can still access our old character sheet?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Zhym »

Here are the stats for Kurot Arksen, android:

Stats: STR:15, INT:15, WIS:17, DEX:11, CON:16, CHR:14

STR: 15
AGI: 11
STA: 16
PER: 14
INT: 17
LUK: 15

Birth Sign: [1d30] = 27
Starting gold: [3d8x10] = 17x10 = 170

I'll post his background once Norjax has approved it in PMs.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Zhym »

Here's Kurot's background. Note that almost all of it is forgotten, but I thought I'd post the story anyway:

Elon Harriman Kurzweil, celebrity inventor genius (in that order, some said), was the richest man in the world. At the height of his wealth, his annual income was greater than the combined GDP of 73 nations. When he was only 38, he became the world's first trillionaire. At 78, he was the first to successfully download his consciousness into a computer (although philosophers—both the professional and barstool varieties—debated whether he had instead merely copied his mental patterns into a computer, killing the real Elon in the process).

The first electronic repository of Kurzweil's mind (or a copy of it, as some insisted) was a massively parallel simulated neuron network constructed out of old blockchain mining machines. Too large to fit into a mobile skull, the brain of the first "Kurz Bot," as it inevitably came to be known, was essentially a cloud service. The android itself was just a remote I/O unit for the mind in the server room.

As technology improved over the years and decades, Kurzweil (or the android copy of him—well, you get the idea) upgraded and uploaded several times, leading eventually to the Mark VII. Self-contained and reasonably lifelike (although not too lifelike, to avoid Uncanny Valley effects), its quantum processing neural network had greater density and higher processing speed per cubic inch than the human mind. Secondary storage was available through a relatively small built-in and upgradeable solid state drive, but the Mark VII was designed to rely primarily on cloud storage via high-speed wireless access to the GoogleZon (by this point, the two companies had taken over enough of the "Internet" that the name was officially changed). It also had hot-swappable memory module interfaces, but who used those anymore? And, because living forever in an artificial body wouldn't be any fun without them, the Mark VII had sexual organs, fully functioning (the less said about how the reproduction part worked, the better) and configurable on the fly for either or both genders.

Oh, and it had laser beam eyes. Because if you were designing an android body for yourself, wouldn't it have frickin' laser beams in its head?

That was in the Before. The Kurzbot Mark VII—or Kurot Arksen, as he now remembers his name—still lives. His RealFlesh® "skin" has disintegrated, but the shell underneath, made of the same plastic stuff that survives while everything around it is destroyed, is mostly intact, if scuffed and beaten. His miniature nuclear power source has thousands of years left before it will need new fuel, and the secondary solar cells are in relatively decent shape. The android's built-in GPS positioning function still works, but it's been unreliable ever since the untended satellites began to drift in their orbits. The sexual organs, alas, got stuck in default mode ("neither").

He doesn't remember any of that now. When the GoogleZon went down forever after the Big Thing, Kurot lost access to nearly all of his memories. He now has only a rudimentary knowledge of who he was, and knows almost nothing about the Big Thing. With only his local storage and whatever stray memory devices he can find, he wanders the wastes near the Gam'A Zone, trying to remember.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Zhym »

And here's his starting equipment:

Leather armor
Shield
Long Bow
Quiver & arrows
Axe
Backpack
30 gp worth of repair parts

Total: 123 gp, 44 lbs

Does he need something food-like? I'm guessing an android wouldn't eat rations.

quozl
Scout
Scout

#16 Post by quozl »

Ron Spartan, Manimal Cyborg:

Stats: STR:14, INT:6, WIS:16, DEX:6, CON:14, CHR:15

I'd like to arrange them like this: Str: 6 (-1) Agi: 14 (+1) Sta: 14 (+1) Per: 6 (-1) Int: 16 (+2, Max TL 5) Luck: 15 (+1)

Birth sign: [1d30] = 12
The Sensor: Find secret doors (+1)

Hit Points: [10d8] = 54+[4d8] = 15 =69 HP

Saves: Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will -1

Attack +1

Alignment: Fate's Mercy

Starting Gold: [3d8x10] = 10x10 = 100 -30gp for armor

Cyber Upgrade: Auto Blaster
Jury Rig Die: 1d2

Equipment:
Studded Leather armor +3 AC

Ron Spartan is from the past. A military experiment for amphibious troops, he was found to be undisciplined and needed further study before being deployed. He was put in stasis and was awakened after the Big Change happened. He has been on his own for a while now and most others have kept their distance because of his fearsome appearance and the auto blaster mounted on his shoulder.
Ron Spartan, a mutant shark with a laser mounted on its head!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Norjax »

quozl, did you roll 4d6 drop the lowest for abilities?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

Is that a shark with frickin' lasers by its head?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by greyarea »

Awesome!!!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Norjax »

LOL! What a motley crew we have become! :P