CHAPTER 5: Return to the Gam'A Zone

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: CHAPTER 5: Return to the Gam'A Zone

#141 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack goes off to see about this alternate entrance/exit to the hive and will attempt to aid in gathering the honey.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon furls his wings again and knuckles down the hole, sniffing. Dudes! There's honey-caramel and roast bug down here! Roast bug's so much more awesome than bug jerky!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Norjax »

Bee Tower, Day 54 – Mid Afternoon

Bart, Jack, Jiminy and Belial join Blixx and Frekken at the escape tunnel. Belial volunteers to enter the tunnel, but soon realizes (because of his wings) he is too large and cannot fit into the 3 foot diameter passage. After further examination, the tunnel is closer to a 60-degree incline and will require a rope for decent. There is still enough smoke to necessitate a gas mask when inside the tunnel.

OOC: You have 2 one-use urine gas masks left and Jiminy’s manufactured gas mask available for use.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#144 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack goes back to the tube and gets the rope that was used for getting Bart out and the other that was used to climb into the tube and returns back to the exit passage with the rope in hand. "Might need to use this here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#145 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"I have 4 jars I bought from the vendor in Haglton." "Only 3 masks, let's send in a couple of scouts and wait for this smoke to clear out; I say."

Blixx eyes the dark tunnel cautiously...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Urson »

Belial

I can't get down there- it's most bogus that my wings don't fit. I'll stay out here and keep the rope from sliding.

Belial wraps the rope around himself , knots off the end, and settles down to pick fleas, salt flakes, and stingers from his fur.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#147 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

"I be a bit apprehension-ous about getting stuck in holes, again, but I'll go if need be."

GreyWolfVT

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "What about our gelatinous friend? Cold he fit? Jiminy could you fit in this entrance?"

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Norjax »

The fungal amoeba sloshes up and down, acknowledging Jack’s request. “I can-can ssssslide dowwwn, but wwwwwould like ttto grip a rope ffffor sssafety.” You decide to wait and let more smoke subside before Jiminy enters the tunnel.

The amoeba grasps the rope with two pseudo pods that he extends from his body. He then belches forth his gas mask and closes all of his mouths except the ones sealed inside the mask. Jiminy forms a crude arm with a ‘thumbs-up’ to signal that he is ready to be lowered in. He descends, with the assistance of the rope, into the tunnel. After about 15 minutes, he tugs the rope signaling his wish to ascend, and the rope is pulled out of the tunnel with Jiminy in tow. The sentient fungus explains his findings to the group.

The remnants of the nest, including carcasses of bees and larvae, are still smoldering. There is some viscous honey scattered through the debris, but most of it is charred beyond use. You will have to sift and separate the good honey from the useless debris. Jiminy estimates the recoverable honey will fill three of the jars you have brought for collection.

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Urson »

Belial

Awesome! Can you bring me up one of the not-too-burnt bees? They smell delicious!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

"Good work Jiminy!"; Frank tells their slimy friend. "Do you think the smoke has cleared out enough for one of us....ahh.....two leggers to go down and help you gather some honey?"

GreyWolfVT

#152 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Great work Jiminy." the former sheriff compliments. "How pray tell do you think any of us two leggers will fit when Belial couldn't fit I'm bigger than he is." he exclaims in reply to Frank's comment.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Norjax »

“I cccan grab one wwwhen Is go baaack down,” Jiminy says to Belial.

(To Frank) “Fffrank, its still quuite smoky down there, beeter llet it ccclear out sssome more.”

“Thhhe tunnel is three fffffeet in diameter. Belllialis wwings and Baaarts guurth will prevents them from ffffittng ins the tuunel, bbut Bblixx and Ffffreeken will fffit annnd you and Ffffrank should fffit it you raise yyuour aarms while ssssliding ins the tuunel,” Jiminy says to Jack.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#154 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken croaks excitedly. "Jiminy, when you think its cleared for me I'll gladly head down to gather that sweet honey!"
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack sighs "Though I don't wish to go back down a hole anytime soon, once the smoke clears out enough I'll go back with you to gather the honey."

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#156 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart waits, Whittles, and whistles...

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Norjax »

Bee Tower, Day 54 – Late Afternoon

You wait a couple of hours for the smoke to subside in the tunnel and tower. Using the rope, Jiminy, Frank, Frekken and Jack descend into the tunnel. They enter the bottom of the tower through an oval hatch opening in the side of the wall. The door is open outward and embedded in the dirt wall of the escape tunnel.

You are able to observe the remnants of the nest some 80 feet above your location. The nest appears to have been built around a ladder that is mounted to the wall and was used to access the middle deck, now angled with the top portion of the tower. Jack recognizes the angled deck as the point he and Bart crossed over into a dirt chamber before being attacked by the bees.

Pools of honey sit on debris scattered in the bottom of the tower, along with charred corpses of the larvae and bees that couldn’t escape the fire. You also see the smoke grenade that presumably started the fire which consumed the flammable bee nest.

After spending time collecting up the honey into three of the jars (180gp worth), you try to pick up the valuable larvae. The remains crumble in your hands and dribble onto the floor. Two of the bee carcasses contain enough un-charred nourishment to satisfy Belial’s hunger.

Bart, Belial and Blixx watch and provide security while their comrades explore the tower.

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon has finished grooming himself and honed his assegai. He's clearly bored. He holds his position as the anchor for the rope, but he begins gathering pebbles to build tiny buildings, muttering to himself as he does.

GreyWolfVT

#159 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack merely only gathers what was needed and then heads back out of the hive "I'm not sticking around I had enough of this hive earlier. If you guys wanna explore feel free. I can take the jars back out if you want."

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#160 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"I wonder if there are any hidden areas hidden by the honeycomb?" Blixx asks

After the others return Blixx will see about searching the area below.

Might the honeycomb be of any value, if it survived
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Return to “Archive”