CHAPTER 5: Return to the Gam'A Zone

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

CHAPTER 5: Return to the Gam'A Zone

#1 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, Days 45-50

For three days you follow the Long Route, crossing the desolate salt waste before coming to the shallow cliffs and the marker stones on Day 48. Over these three initial days of travel, everyone is amazed at the locomotion of your newest companion, Jiminy. The amorphous blob rolls along with ease in his spherical form and can even outpace the group.

Two and a half more days pass until you reach the point that you exited the Gam’A Zone and took the Long Route to Hagalton.

The Gam’A Zone, Days 51-54

Day 51 is spent traveling overland and through the light curtains of the barrier which, thanks to Den Lo’s information, poses no danger, so you simply cross through the harmless light falls.

During Day 53, you pass by the first three dirt mounds that you encountered inside the Zone. You now know that they hide ancient metal towers used to generate power with the wind. The structures, long abandoned, need to be excavated in order to access the interiors. Some of the towers have broken off and are exposed to the environment, with wild animals making lairs in them.

On the morning of Day 54, you pass by the exposed tower where a beast known as a Saktrap resides. There is no sign of activity, but you move past and wonder if the creature is still alive. Blixx reflects on the loss of his tomahawk and the near death of your former companion, Bruze the bat-man.

At around noon, you arrive at the angled, exposed tower that is the nest for a hive of nocturnal bees. The hill is 35ft high and the tower juts out 25-30ft past the top of the hill.

Inside, there is presumably honey and larvae worth many dozens of coin in the Hagalton markets.

Actions?

Last edited by Norjax on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 5: Return to the Gam'A Zone

#2 Post by Urson »

Belial

Dudes- The Lebowski used to rob beehives sometimes. He always waited until the bees were active- flyin' back an' forth. He said it was easier.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "So is that your suggestion for harvesting this stuff?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

belial

huh? Oh, yeah. They work at night, right? So best choice is to rob 'em at night.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Yeah but normal bees are active in the day and when people harvest from them they have a protective suit do we have such a thing for doing this when the bees are active at night?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran Human

Frank shrugs and says, "Well, I don't know squat about bees…the day or the night kind, so all I can offer is that whenever we choose to raid the lair, let's try to use smoke to scare off/slow down as many of them as possible."

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken, Mutant Frogmonn

"Huhh, I don't know much about bees either. I wonder if they can sense me if I'm chameleonin' around..."
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#8 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

"Think we should all go in, i'll go i can see in the dark, lived in caves most of my life."

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx shakes his fist as they pass the "Pit-Beast"

"Damn, should have asked around about these bees back in town." "Well, I have the three smoke bombs, we could collect brush and stuff to make a smoky fire, either at the entrance or as a place to fall back to if we are in trouble." Blixx suggests
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Good idea using the smoke and yes we should stick together as best we can."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Norjax »

The first step for your bee nest incursion should be a reconnaissance of the hive entrance and how to go about entering it. The top of the tower is 25-30ft above the hill and angled.

Please outline who and how this will be done.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#12 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH
"By the Mutant Lords birthday, We have a sweet cake sitting in front of us! Blixx can you and ball-boy do some recon, maybe make us a map. Perhaps, there is an entrance around the bottom."

Bart is as fond of honey as he is of ale, there was no shorted of sweet mead in his village, at least when he was not there.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank will keep an alert eye and ear out to do his best to ensure that nothing sneaks up on his companions while they're planning how best to go about attacking the bees....

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack will search the mound for anything other than the 30' tube to enter the hive by.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon flaps into the air, giving the tower a wide berth (10 meters, at least). He circles the thing, looking for any other openings.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken

Unsure of the situation, Frekken follows the others' lead, his bow at the ready, nocking an arrow he'd recently made with his own hand...
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Norjax »

You search the peak of the hill where it meets the base of the crooked tower. The earth is compacted from decades of settling and shows no signs of disturbance. The metal tower’s surface is smooth, blasted by centuries of blowing sand and dirt. You do not find anything of interest on the hill, or any indication of an entrance in the tower’s wall.

There is a slight hum or vibration sensed when you place a hand or listen against the metal surface.

Belial circles the top looking for any openings besides the exposed top end of the tower. Nothing can be seen, and the inside of the tower is dark. He can see the remains of an old ladder on one side of the interior surface of the tower, descending into the darkness.

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Urson »

belial

Once he's seen what can be seen, Belial lands. I dunno, mi compadres. If you can get up there, I saw a ladder that can help you get down inside. But I didn't see any easy way up.

Belial scratches his belly, picking out some small insect from his fur and cracking it before he saysDin't you dudes say that some of these towers got doors at the bottom? Maybe we need to dig for the door on this one.... Or I could, like, take a rope up there and tie it to something so you can climb.

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "I don't think we all will be able to get in there unless we are able to cut down the tube or all become flying beings."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Urson »

Belial

Dude! that would be mucho awesome-o! The Winged Warriors of the Apocalypse!

Belial grins a toothy grin at the thought.

Return to “Archive”