CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#1 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton Map with points of interest:

Last edited by Norjax on Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#2 Post by Norjax »

1 – Boarding House, Lejis Mew

2 – Foodstuff Provisions, Snakemonn

3 – Mercantile, Nols Ezzan

4 – Arms & Armor, Po Ellol

5 – Fletcher

6 – Baker

7 – Butcher

8 – Specialty Merchants, Dhe Tema

9 - Specialty Merchant, Obo Grittz

10 - Specialty Merchant, Den-Lo Chis (PIC)

11 - Specialty Merchant, Teeko Stooart

12-15 –Housing for Lantica Traders

16-17 – Lantica Slavers

18-19 – Gaming Houses

20 – House of Ill Repute

21 - Bathhouse

22 – Mechanic, repair & supply, Yar Burnblak

23 – Church of Dhee Zhee Khamix

24 - Church Boarding House

25 – Artifacts, Plod Jakee

26 – Tanner/Leatherwork

27 – Tailor

28 – Herb and spice trader

29 – Carpenter

30-33 – Militia Posts

34 – Tavern and water supply, Gunas Pell (PIC)

35 – Town Hall (PIC)

36 – Inn

37 – Jeweler and Appraiser, Llirb

38 – Money Changer, Zumaz

39 – Information Merchant, Artic Zong

40 – Sheriff

41-42 – Storage Towers

43-45 – Town Official’s Residence

46 – Reception Hall

47 – Mayors Residence

48 - Jail

49 - Armory

50 - Residence

51 – Waste Mining, Gegu-I

52 – Poultry

53 - Blacksmith

54 – Stable/Stock yard

55 - Residence

56 – Healers
Last edited by Norjax on Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy Gurglesquelch suggests he go around to the local businesses and offer his services as a rat catcher. "I urrrrrt can phhhhfit into placesh mosht fffffolksh can't, and I can mmmmmmmake gold and get a meal all at wwwwwwwww once." He wonders if any of the party would want to go with him to negotiate matters. "Schome ffffffolks have schhhhtp a hhhhhard time undershtanding my hkt schpeech."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

Belial grits his teeth Yeah, Jiminy, I can go with. His body language says he's regretting the decision already, but he knuckles away with the blob.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Inferno »

Bruze Whane, acolyte of Bhatt Mhann:

Bruze freezes when he sees the Church of Dhee Zhee Khamix (23). The young mutant's blood runs cold. He's been away from home for so long. He's failed in his holy quest. He's been fraternizing with heretic outsiders, with nonbelievers.

What would the Elders say?

Whatever happened next, this part of his life was over now.

He looked upon his friends, trying not to let his face betray this might be the last time he ever sees them again. "Yes. We can meet up at the Boarding House," he replies softly to Blixx. "Everyone, I never got the chance to say it before, but thank you. Thank you for saving my life."

Head hung low, Bruze slowly walks off. Rumspringe is over. The prodigal son returns to the flock.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack nods in agreement "Yes the boarding house works for me. Though I'm headed to one place at the moment the Tavern and Water Supply." the one time lawman heads off to the local "watering hole" for some "refreshments" and looking quite forward to it from the look on his face.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy's many eyes well with joy when Belial—the most handsome and dignified of the party, in the young blob's estimation—agrees to join him. Making a quick tour of town, he lists the places most likely to have vermin problems:

1 – Boarding House
2 – Foodstuff Provisions
6 – Baker
7 – Butcher
26 – Tanner/Leatherwork
28 – Herb and spice trader
34 – Tavern and water supply
36 – Inn
52 – Poultry

"Thhhhe schicken houshe ish prrrrrrrobababably thhhe plasche with the worsht probababalems. Ratsh love schickens. Alsho, you can ushually find shpilled schicken feed to eat wwwwwwwhile youre working ggggguh. But thhhe provisionsh shtorage will probably pay the besht. For schome reashon, folksh hate phhtbt ffinding rat droppingsh in their rationsh."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, Day 43, early evening

Luke greets a slim man who walks out of the boarding house (location 1) to meet you.

The proprietor greets Luke with a wide, contrived smile. “My, my, what an INTERESTING bunch we have here! Now, how many will it be?” he inquires, motioning towards the group.

“Nine,” Luke coolly responds.

“Three of you will have to pitch tents out back.” He then points at Jiminy, “I’m afraid that one can’t stay inside, the other customers might complain and I DO have a business to run. 5 sp each, please.”

---

Blixx and Oor-zak browse through the various merchants (locations 8-11).

OOC: Are you looking for something specific?

---

Jack makes a bee line to the tavern (location 34). The 50ft. diameter structure is open on the exterior with support columns spaced 20ft. There is a central circular bar surrounded by tables and chairs. The bar structure is connected to the well enclosure by beams and piping. Almost two dozen people are here, a mix of townsfolk and travelers. None pay you any attention save one of the bartenders who makes eye contact and continues to wash mugs.

---

Bruze is honored by the Church (location 23) requesting that he go on quest to spread the illuminated word into heathen Lantica. He mediates with the tabernacle while the others attend to personal business.

---

Jiminy and Belial make their way to the foodstuff provisions (location 2). They enter the building which contains various provisions for wilderness travel. The various odors of spiced and dried food wet his palate, tempting the winged baboon. Shortly after they enter, the owner, a blue scaled snakemonn, comes out from a curtained doorway and gleefully asks, “How may I help you two?”

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:...

The Long Route, Day 43, early evening
Jack makes a bee line to the tavern (location 34). The 50ft. diameter structure is open on the exterior with support columns spaced 20ft. There is a central circular bar surrounded by tables and chairs. The bar structure is connected to the well enclosure by beams and piping. Almost two dozen people are here, a mix of townsfolk and travelers. None pay you any attention save one of the bartenders who makes eye contact and continues to wash mugs.

Actions?

Jack waves the bartender over "I'll have a beer, actually hell with it make it a double. Been a long road traveled." the one time lawman smiles at the bartender albeit briefly.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

Belial nods to the snakeman. Greetings, scaly-dude. My.... friend here is looking to make a few dinero. As you can see, he's like, waay flexible, and he likes the taste of rat. He's willing to go through your awesome establishment and scarf down all those grody rodents, leaving you critter-free. Turning to Jiminy, he represses a shudder and says, How much would you charge this gentleman to clear his building, Jiminy?

Belial's muzzle twitches as he takes in the scents of this place.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Norjax »

Everyone’s character, except Pulpatoon’s, advances to the next level. Please roll 1d100 and post the results in the Characters: Level Advancement topic.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran Human

Frank follows Jack into the bar and when the bartender glances his way he just says one word; "Whisky".

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 43, early evening

The heavily tattooed bartender (Picture) raises an eyebrow when Jack and Frank order their refreshments.

“Where have you two rolled in from?” he responds and pours Jack a double beer. He then grabs a bottle of whisky and holds two shot glasses in his left hand. “Single or double?” he says to Frank.

---

The snakemonn (Picture) flicks his tongue and replies to Belial with a slight hiss, “I likes the taste of rats too, buts they likes tos hide ins small areas. Hows would your odds friend bes able tos help mes?”

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Urson »

Norjax wrote:...

The snakemonn (Picture) flicks his tongue and replies to Belial with a slight hiss, “I likes the taste of rats too, buts they likes tos hide ins small areas. Hows would your odds friend bes able tos help mes?”[/b]

Belial says The dude squishes- show him, Jiminy.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx and if Oor-zak wishes will attempt to drum up some coin with the local merchants by selling off our spoils and plunder. Trying to get as good a deal as possible to finance our expedition.
Blixx will also be on the lookout for a better missile weapon of some sort.

[1d100] = 99

[1d6] = 6

+1 Constitution Hurray
Last edited by Mimdalf on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy pukes up his sack and asks Belial to hold hit. "I can rrrrrrr get a lot shtretchier if I don't don't hhhhhhhave anything inside."

The young shoggoth eagerly demonstrates his ability to ooze into tiny spots. "Howshabout a penny per rat shkeleton I bring back?"

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack takes the double beer and works on drinking it between long sips he asks "Any excitement in these parts?"
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran Human

Frank replies; "Double"; and when the drink is produced he says; "Thanks, pal"; and sips his drink; savoring it. He listens with interest to what the man has to say to his companion Jack….

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Urson »

Belial nods, still looking a little green under his fur. Go do your thing. Your stuff will be right here- guaranteed.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Norjax »

Mimdalf wrote:Blixx and if Oor-zak wishes will attempt to drum up some coin with the local merchants by selling off our spoils and plunder. Trying to get as good a deal as possible to finance our expedition.

What specifically are you trying to sell?

---

Pulpatoon wrote:Jiminy pukes up his sack and asks Belial to hold hit. "I can rrrrrrr get a lot shtretchier if I don't don't hhhhhhhave anything inside."

The young shoggoth eagerly demonstrates his ability to ooze into tiny spots. "Howshabout a penny per rat shkeleton I bring back?"

The expressionless snakemonn watches Jiminy demonstrate his abilities. “Ones copper piece eachs yous say?" He says. “Eyes think eyes can afford that’s.” The snakemonn makes arrangements for Jiminy to stay the night.

---

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack takes the double beer and works on drinking it between long sips he asks "Any excitement in these parts?"

“Ever since the barrier to the Zone has become passable, we’ve seen plenty of activity.” The bartender responds. “In the year or so that the barrier has degraded, I’ve seen more folks enter the Zone then make it back here. Many of our merchants have traded for Gam’A Zone treasures sold to the markets of Lantica.”

Return to “Archive”