Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#141 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx nods gratefully to Teeko "75 seems fair and thank you so much"

Blixx will head back to the tavern and try reconnecting with the party
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Noon

Teeko accepts the dead power cells from Bart. “I appreciate this,” he responds. “A charging unit would be worth its weight in gold. I’ve never heard of anyone finding such a device, but there is a lot of unexplored area in the Gam’A Zone. Best of luck to you.”

---

Teeko gestures with the wrist detector after exchanging coin with Blixx. “You are welcome,” the merchant replies. “I look forward to any new devices that you may find in the Zone.”

---
Pulpatoon wrote:Jiminy recover the sack. To Frank, he says, "I'mmm not shure I cacacan catsch enough ratsh to buy ammo. Iffff we're going to schtick around town for anothererer day, do you have any ideash on how we might earn a few gold coinsh?"
Here is a synopsis of what it will cost to travel back into the Gam’A Zone:
Your group consists of 6 people, but you will need 7 people’s worth of rations per day (Jiminy has increased caloric intake) when traveling. This amounts to 3.5 gold pieces worth of rations per day of travel.
  • It is 60 miles to the closest edge of the Barrier from the Long Route
    60 road miles = 3 days (one way) = 10 gp, 5 sp

It is 75 miles to the marker stones
    75 road miles = 3.75 days (one way) = 13 gp, 1sp, 3 cp

It is 125 miles to the point that you exited the Barrier
    125 road miles = 6.25 days (one way) = 21 gp, 8sp, 8 cp

Travel inside the Gam’A Zone is slower, 10 miles /day

So, you need to pool your resources and decide how far into the Zone you intend to travel. If you are short on funds, you will have to get a loan from someone or find a temporary job to generate the necessary income.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#143 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx will sit at the bar and pulls out a roll of paper, he licks his pencil and begins jotting down notes and drawing up a map. "Barkeep, one of your fine beers please" Blixx smiles.

Aha our group funds from the sale of items came to 33 Gold, 185 Silver, and 31 Copper with an additional 75gp added also
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Namárië

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#144 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack goes back to Den Lo's shop seeking work.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Noon

Gunas serves Blixx his finest dark beer, flavored with the soot of a burnt cactus.

---

Jack returns to Den Lo’s shop. As he enters, Den throws his arms up and exclaims, “I didn’t do it!” When he sees that it’s Jack, he relaxes and says, “Oh, it’s you. Back so soon?”

Jack discusses your coin situation with Den. “Well, something that pays well in a short period of time would be a trawler for Yar Burnblak,” Del says. “But, I don’t think you’ll like the job.”

GreyWolfVT

#146 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack to Den Lo "What about you Den? Do you have any need for an extra hand around here? Security perhaps? Or I don't know maybe credit towards the business we plan to do with you? Well I plan to my friends I can't say their intent."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Norjax »

Den thinks for a bit and then replies, “How much advance payment do you need?”

GreyWolfVT

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack thinks for a moment "I suppose that would depend on how much we'll need provision wise and ammo wise."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#149 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart bids Teeko farewell. Then accompanies Blixx to the tavern, there he does his best to help with the map... and beer.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack thinks for a moment "I suppose that would depend on how much we'll need provision wise and ammo wise."
"Well," Den says. "How far do you plan on going in?"

GreyWolfVT

#151 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "At least far enough in to gather some of the items you asked for, such as the honey and larva of the nocturnal bees. Also I'm considering trying to get you a nomad mask. I'm not entirely sure about the anti-gravity collecting though."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack "At least far enough in to gather some of the items you asked for, such as the honey and larva of the nocturnal bees. Also I'm considering trying to get you a nomad mask. I'm not entirely sure about the anti-gravity collecting though."
To travel into the Gam'A Zone to the nocturnal bee tower is 9 1/4 days each way (18 1/2 total), you will need to buy approximately 65gp worth of supplies.

Per Blixx, you have 126gp, 8sp & 1cp (when changed into the highest coins) & whatever Jiminy has left from buying the pistol.

You have a 61gp surplus beyond getting to the tower. That equates to 17 additional days exploring inside the Gam'A Zone.

GreyWolfVT

#153 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well then i guess i am confused as to why it was mentioned that we might need to get jobs or seek extra coin...color me confused as all get out. :oops:

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:well then i guess i am confused as to why it was mentioned that we might need to get jobs or seek extra coin...color me confused as all get out. :oops:
I believe the comment was 'if you are short on funds'. I didn't realize what you had available when I wrote that. :P

There might be other supplies that you need, like water, ammunition, ropes, etc.

You guys have to decide how far you are going in and what you are taking into the Zone.

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Den do you know if there is any chance for me getting more ammo for Slugger? I've barely got any ammo for it and it's my favorite side arm." he pats a hand on the pistol at his side. "Other than that I'd be looking for some more ammo for the rifle i took from a defeated pigmonn or more bolts for my crossbow but i spose I'll have to go chat up the local gunsmith. Sorry for bothering you about the cart i failed to recall we got one from a group heading out from here."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Urson »

Belial
As long as we got water and grub, I'm cool. Belial flies back up, watching the traffic at the bridge.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Norjax »

Den leans over the counter to see the pistol that Jack pats. “A Zatox Slugger, eh?" He says. “We don’t see many of those this far east. Are you a former Ranger or lawman? Po Ellol (4) controls the market here for arms and armor. Check with him.”

---

Belial continues his observation of the Irunfross Bridge. The people of this side have crossed and a group of 13 travelers have come over from the Lantica side. The vehicle you observed earlier has stopped at the far end of the bridge, apparently ready to receive someone who crossed over from Hagalton.

GreyWolfVT

#158 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Was a lawmaker ages ago she's bout all I have left Den of that life aside from my stylish old sheriff hat. Thanks again sorry about the confusion guess my friends made out better than I thought in selling the stuff we acquired before getting here. I'll go check with Po Ellol. Don't worry though I'll be back for sure hopefully with some items of interest next time." with that being said Jack strides out of the shop and heads to Po Ellol to see about some more ammo.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#159 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx looks at Bart, "I say, we make a brief excursion back to one of the encounters we had where we can make some money." Those towers? Maybe the bee one would have a nest we could raid?" We have to be prepared though and make smoke grenades or something."

Namárië

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock, veteran human

Frank will return with the group and see about getting enough money for 10 or a dozen rounds for Jiminy's pistol; he's also happy to teach what he knows about firearms to the…..blob….and will certainly tell him to do his best to keep the weapon and ammo as DRY as possible….

OOC: Sorry for the delay, just getting back from vacation!

Return to “Archive”