CHAPTER 4: To Nuv Vano

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4: To Nuv Vano

#61 Post by Norjax »

The Long Route, Day 39, Noon

Vol sheaths and holsters his weapons, but the others keep theirs at the ready. He listens, arms crossed, to Bart’s story about your adventures in the Gam’A Zone.

When the tale is finished, he nods in approval and looks at his comrades. “Not bad,” he exclaims,“ but I’ve heard better in my travels. Too bad you didn’t explore those sinkholes, since our destination is a similar environment closer to the barrier. Perhaps you came upon another buried goplis of Ol Lorda, because what you describe is too small for Sott’ Urwa.”

Vol gestures behind his band, to the east.“Your map is incomplete. Nuv Vano is weeks away and on the coast of the Eastern Sea. You have enough supplies to reach Hagalton and the Irunfross Bridge at the edge of The Crack in the Earth. Without anything of value, you won’t be allowed to cross into Lantica anyway.”

“Now,” he smiles, “what about trading for one of those drot swyne?”

Mimdalf wrote:Blixx: He attempts to detect any metal powers around them. mental barrier (Detect Mental powers 90’ -4 for Mental Attacks)

You sense the white-haired woman and the dwarf posses mental mutations, but you cannot discern if they are active or passive, hostile or benign.

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Urson »

Belial is beginning to relax. he was afraid this was going to blow up in their faces, but it seems this dude is actually cool. He doesn't, however, stop watching the big green dude for trouble.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack shrugs to the others "I'm fine with trading a drot swyne how about the rest of you?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Inferno »

Bruze doesn't relax his guard. He keeps watching and listening, tense as a coiled spring.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Urson »

I'm the FNG here, dude. I don't think I get a say. An' I gots no problem with the trade anyway.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"Those poor beasts were destined to become supplies, we might as well trade one for something useful" Blixx ponders the desperate situation he and the others are in.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Norjax »

Vol listens to your discussion and then interrupts. “We are willing to trade our cart for a drot swyne. The swyne will be more useful to us at our destination.” He then adds, “After we both unload our respective supplies.”

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#68 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "That sounds like a reasonable trade seeing as we had to burn our cart days back. Unless you folks have any medicine that would help our friends here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart bristles like a quilted-hog, his fondness for the animals must have been transparent.
Yet, he must admit to himself bacon and chop have no fondness for each other.

Bart address his friends, "Do as you will, but I will not choose which one."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Norjax »

“What is the ailment and what was the cause?” The female gunslinger responds to Jack. “I used to be a doctor of sorts.”

Vol nods at the agreement to trade the cart for a drot swine. "Thank you," he says. "You have been most cooperative."

Urgor, the white-haired female and the dwarf begin to unload the cart.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:...

“What is the ailment and what was the cause?” The female gunslinger responds to Jack. “I used to be a doctor of sorts.”

Vol nods at the agreement to trade the cart for a drot swine. "Thank you," he says. "You have been most cooperative."

Urgor, the white-haired female and the dwarf begin to unload the cart.

Actions?

Jack "The cause as far as I know was metal bug like creatures we encountered. It appears to be some sort of infection. The creatures were Thorax Scavengers I believe is what they are called." honestly i forget their symptoms

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack "The cause as far as I know was metal bug like creatures we encountered. It appears to be some sort of infection. The creatures were Thorax Scavengers I believe is what they are called." honestly i forget their symptoms
“Sounds like scavenger’s tetanus”, the woman replies.“The cure is hard to come by. It should run its course in a couple of weeks, and there won’t be any permanent damage.”

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:...
GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack "The cause as far as I know was metal bug like creatures we encountered. It appears to be some sort of infection. The creatures were Thorax Scavengers I believe is what they are called." honestly i forget their symptoms
“Sounds like scavenger’s tetanus”, the woman replies.“The cure is hard to come by. It should run its course in a couple of weeks, and there won’t be any permanent damage.”

Jack doing his best as a former lawman to gauge the truth of the woman's words "Alright well that is a relief then. I suppose we can just trade for the cart if that works."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack doing his best as a former lawman to gauge the truth of the woman's words...
ML makes a die roll for Law check, 1d20+3

You do not detect any deception on her part.

Last edited by Norjax on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran Human

Frank keeps a wary eye on the newcomers; but he has no objections to a fair trade....but he's ready in case things go south in a hurry...

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#76 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"Tetanus" "Thank you for the name of my pain, I have never felt so stiff and achy"
Blixx drinks deeply from his canteen hoping to rinse away this sickness.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Norjax »

Urgor looks up from unloading the cart and grunts something to Vol in an unintelligible language.

“That thing again?” Vol mutters and then turns to address Jack. “We’ll throw in a stray mutant for free,“ he says and points east down the Long Route. “I’m not sure if it will be much use to you, but maybe you can sell it to a slaver for the Kennel Masters of Nuv Vano?”

You see a 4ft. diameter ball rolling down the road from the east towards your position. It bounces along at an impressive pace.

Actions?

Please welcome Pulpatoon to the game. :)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy Gurglesquelch, Gibbering Mouther

The ball, which is the color of a black scab and covered in staring eyes and gnashing mouths, rolls to a stop and relaxes into a doughy, more bean-bag-like shape. Looking up at Vol (at least, several of the eyes seem to be pointing in that direction), its mouths begin to churn around a few recognizable words: "HhhhheymmmGuys! Wwwwwait up! Waht'shmmmgoing on, Vol?"

Looking at the party, it cheerily calls out, "Hhhhhhhell-oH! Mmmy name'sh Jiminy, nnnnnnnnn, Jiminy Gurglesquelch. Arrre you friendsh of ffffffVol? Ishn't hhe great?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Urson »

Belial, sensing that the trade will be smooth, knuckles toward the other group. I can help unload if you want.

When Jiminy rolls up, Belial freezes in place. His lips curl back from his fangs and the hackles rise on his neck and back. That is... so... wrong..

GreyWolfVT

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack flinches a little at the mutant many mouthed thing as it approaches "Woah, well hi there Jiminy. I guess you're with us now. Pleased to meet you."

Return to “Archive”