PROLOGUE: Loge Thanos

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: PROLOGUE: Loge Thanos

#81 Post by Norjax »

Ress on the Mount finally comes out to greet you. The various rodents converge on her position and they squeak and chirp before moving back into their hiding places. She is of friendly demeanor and talks to herself (or the rodents) frequently. She is human, of short stature and has a prominent chin that jiggles when she talks.

“Gun powder I can make for you,” she offers. “10gp worth will supply 5 rounds for pistol or rifle or 3 shotgun rounds. You’re venturing into the Gam’A Zone I hear. Bullets won’t do much against the metal beings that prowl the lands in there. Abductors, it is said they are, but no one knows why or where they originated. If you run into them or other hostile denizens, you should know that I offer healing services for a nominal fee of 25gp per session. It won’t bring one back from the dead, but it will cure aches and head pains from combat injuries.”

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by Mimdalf »

Blix Mutant Human

Blixx has been tagging along quietly taking in the new sights. He hears Ress and asks, "Do you know anything else about these metal golems, err Abductors?"
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack Carter sighs "More disappointing news. So what are we to use to fight Abductors?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Norjax »

“I’ve only heard stories from people who have heard this from another,” Ress says to Blixx. “Some, who have ventured in there, have encountered metal beings of various shapes and sizes. They claim that companions have been carried away by metal creatures grappling them.” She pauses to nurture a purple-stalk plant with white dots. “I’ve healed other adventurers who have explored the zone but have not encountered such described beings, so who knows?”
GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack Carter sighs "More disappointing news. So what are we to use to fight Abductors?"
Not everything people say or believe is true. ;) -ML

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Grognardsw »

Cthul-Hand Luke, mutant

"I reckon we'll have to be careful then," says Luke. "I'll take some of that gunpowder Ress."

He hands her 30 gold pieces for 15 rounds of powder.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#86 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart removes his hat revealing a larger narrow forehead, and holds it at his heart.
Bart being very much more sober (for it seems like ages since they left Eggorus’ and had a drop) adds,

“My dear, what other mixtures might you make? Any at all, that could ad us in the Zone? Or might you have something for headaches.”

Bart winces a little as the sun hits his eyes, and replaces his hat.

Just kidding ML, I'm sure the pace will pick up.

GreyWolfVT

#87 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack Carter "If one of the others can help me chip in the cost I'd like the same amount of powder as Cthul-Hand Luke."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack Carter "If one of the others can help me chip in the cost I'd like the same amount of powder as Cthul-Hand Luke."
30gp will produce 10 rounds for your weapon (it has shotgun size cartridges).

GreyWolfVT

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack Carter "If one of the others can help me chip in the cost I'd like the same amount of powder as Cthul-Hand Luke."
30gp will produce 10 rounds for your weapon (it has shotgun size cartridges).
works for me if someone wants to help chip in on the cost.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#90 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

"I got your back, Jack"

Bart gives Jack 30gp.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock: Normal Human

Frank tells Bart; "Take 15 back there; and I'll chip in with the rest"; passing 15 pieces over to Jack.

"Alright then; we ready to go out into the Zone or what?"; he asks the group as a whole.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken Ribbitowicz, Mutant Frog

Frekken bounces a little. "Yes yes!" he tells Frank eagerly, his froggy tongue darting out into the air excitedly.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#93 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart nodes to Frank, and returns 15gps to his pockets.

GreyWolfVT

#94 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack Carter smiles "Thanks guys this is turning my day around a bit. The sooner we get our supplies the sooner we can head out into the Gam'A Zone."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Norjax »

Ress thanks you for the purchase of gunpowder. “Now I can feed by darlings!” She exclaims indicating her rodent pets. “I have to keep them fat and healthy so they can provide energy for weary adventurers!” Smiling, she offers Bart a jar of white pills. “I extract these from my tree, outback, growing in the shade. They will mend head and body pains; including those that are self-induced!” She says, winking at Bart. “3sp please.”

---

Luke has powder for 15 rounds (excellent quality, 2% failure rate)
Jack has powder for 10 rounds (excellent quality, 2% failure rate)

Luke can reload his 5 spent casings for 2gp each (new bullet + reloading)
Luke can purchase new rounds for 7gp each (new bullet and casing + reloading)

Jack has no spent casings. Each new round will cost 15gp (new bullet and casing + reloading)

The Gam’A Zone is 35-40 days journey (one way) if you take the coastal route, skirting the Pah Addle Desert. This is at a pace of approximately 8 miles/day, using the slowest movement rate in the party.
The Gam’A Zone is 18-25 days journey (one way) if you travel the Long Route (Trade Road) to Lantica. The pace on the road is 18 miles/day, using the slowest movement rate in the party.
Both of these get you to the edge of the Zone.

Frekken has 14-days provisions, followed by Jack with 7-days and all others with 5-days each.

Luke has a mule to help carry provisions.
Hunting during the trip will supplement the rations, but there isn’t a sustained guarantee of supply.

What is the plan to address these needs?

GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So does that mean for the 10 rounds of powder it is going to cost Jack 150gp for his 10 rounds of ammo? :shock:

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by max_vale »

OOC: I may have missed it somewhere; but is somebody selling provisions? If so; how much?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Grognardsw »

Cthul Hand Luke, mutant

Luke reloads his five spent casings for 2gp each (10 gp) and purchases a new round (7 gp.) He has 3 gp left.

"I hope we strike some gold soon," he says.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:So does that mean for the 10 rounds of powder it is going to cost Jack 150gp for his 10 rounds of ammo? :shock:

That is correct.

max_vale wrote:OOC: I may have missed it somewhere; but is somebody selling provisions? If so; how much?

The Market and Mercantile areas have provisions. See pp. 17-18 in the rules for pricing: Mutant Future rules, free download

---

You leave Ress and return to Vestal to purchase components for new or reloaded firearm rounds.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Norjax »

This is your Mutant Lord checking in. I did a quick look at the character sheets, and what follows should soothe any depressed spirits.

Your group has enough money, collectively, to purchase the balances of rations for a 50 day journey to the northern border of the Gam’A Zone, a week excursion into the Zone and the trip back. This is via the northern route (using the road). There should be some money left for other provisions too (ammo, etc.) if you spend everything.

If you want to travel a different route, all of which are longer (and potentially more dangerous), you will have to acquire more money. There are some suitable jobs and tasks available for a qualified group of adventurer types, should you seek additional income.

I’m not endorsing any particular path, just pointing out the options based on your current resources and locale. Or, you could just go and hope to find sustenance and resources en route.

Just remember, the Gam’A Zone is BIG. It will take many journeys to explore the entire region.

Return to “Archive”