PROLOGUE: Loge Thanos

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

PROLOGUE: Loge Thanos

#1 Post by Norjax »

Your motley troop has known each other for several months now. Some of you are acquainted from previous adventured in the Zatox Territories; others who were strangers are now trusted comrades. You share stories of past exploits, including a yarn about an “Ant Lord” and his colorful minions…

Recently you have traveled, uneventful, down the Orkamas River and crossed the Anna Luse Barony to the Sisip Canyon. There you have taken rest and gathered supplies in the cliff-dwelling community of Loge Thanos. You have been drawn here by rumors of a vast, unexplored area farther to the east that was once impassible but now appears ‘safe’ to traverse. The wild speculations of abandoned treasures from the ancients warranted serious inquiry.

Your group has spent enough time in Loge Thanos to feel comfortable asking the locals prying questions about the area known locally as the Gam’A Zone...

Map of Loge Thanos

The World as you know it...

Last edited by Norjax on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: PROLOGUE: Loge Thanos

#2 Post by Norjax »

Characters may spend time in Loge Thanos purchasing equipment and supplies and/or asking questions about the world around them.

Those you have met thus far...

Porzin Vane [PH], Mayor

Porzin is descended from the founders of Loge Thanos. He lacks sophisticated leadership skills, but has a friendly demeanor and means well. He seems oblivious to the fact that he is merely a figurehead and others run the community through him.

Slehy Takk [MH], Sheriff

Sleyh (Slay) is a short, stocky and hairless mutant human with hard, cracked, leathery gray skin (think The Thing from the Fantastic Four). He is extremely competent and ill-tempered, but is capable of humorous outbursts with those he befriends.

Artas Traych [MA], Merchant Boss

Artas is a bloated, mutant hippo with a domineering personality. She controls all the shops in the mercantile area. Her piercing eyes are constantly observing her surroundings, looking for any advantage she can attain. She is a bully, but knows her limits with those of equal or higher station. (Porzin, Sleyh, Eggorus and Angol). Artas is always on guard against Angol’s antics and helps to spread as many rumors as possible about the dwarf.

Eggorus [MA], Inn Keeper

Eggorus is small, mutant squirrel (2ft. high) who is gregarious and fond of strangers. He displays his vanity by grooming his furry, black tail into outlandish styles (expecting complimentary comments). He is the owner/operator of the only inn Loge Thanos has and is a great source of information.

Angol Bord [MH], Pawn Shop Proprietor

Angol is a short, bald and mutant human (dwarf) just less than 4ft. tall with large, hairy ears. He lets his red beard grown long and wild in an attempt to draw attention away from his ears. He is self-conscious with an inferiority complex and is very vindictive. His pawn shop is located in the market area, freeing him from the sway of Artas. His sharp wit keeps him out of serious trouble that would have gotten most people killed. He is constantly battling Artas for customers; his claim to fame being the ability to obtain things Artas is incapable of procuring and he relishes every opportunity to annoy her.

Last edited by Norjax on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Grognardsw »

Cthul Hand Luke / Eggorus' Inn

"Hey Rocky, how about another shot of the hooch," says the Gamma Plains Drifter. He looks at the squirrel behind the bar and puts down a generous tip. "That tail's looking good today Egg."

Luke makes small talk for a while then asks about the Gam'A Zone. "I been noodling going out to explore. You hear what that place is about? Who started them rumors about lost treasures?"

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Norjax »

“Here you go, my friend,” Eggorus replies while pouring the whiskey and pocketing the money. “You don’t think it’s too much?” Eggorus asks while twitching his tail, which is greased and fanned out. (like a palm frond!)“I think it makes me look taller, no?” He sets the bottle of hooch on the bar and begins to discuss the Gam’A Zone.

“Well, what can I say? I know something of the lands to the east, but not as much as others, yes? This Gam’A Zone is about 300 miles wide, east to west, and 400 miles long, north to south. The name comes from the mythical energy force that is reputed to have caused the fall of the ancient’s civilization. Whether this force still exists or it is simply a convenient name used by story tellers, who knows. The truth is that no one has entered this area for millennia due to sickness, death and strange conditions. It has been traders from Lantica, following the Long Route, who have reported animals moving in and out of the northern edge of the zone for almost a year now. Others have said that Karub Pirates have been into the zone from the south for some time. As for the rumors, well, you should know that rumors can take on a life of their own. One man’s rumor is another man’s truth, yes? As for adventuring into there, plan well my friend. It is a long, arduous route into an unknown land most likely lacking essential food and water, no?” Egg smiles and pours another drink for you, on the house.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack Carter

Walks in head down sullen look. Picks his head up and takes a seat looking worn and battered. "Beer please, make it a tall one." is his only speech for the moment. Until his beer arrives he just sits there clearly defeated. When his beer arrives he sips it and looks like a man trying to forget about his day.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx-Eggorus Inn

Blixx enters the Inn and approaches the bar. "Hello Gentlemen." "What's the word in town?" "Eggorus, a beer please. Hey your tail, is that new?" Blixx takes a seat and gives everyone a smile and a nod. "What's up Jack, you look... tired." Blixx often runs words and sentences together, hardly giving his friends time to answer the first question.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack regards Blixx "Yeah been a rough bit feelin' like I've been hit by a brick wall."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Norjax »

Eggorus serves the beer to Jack, looks up at him and asks, “What is bothering you, brave adventurer, hmm?”

Looking to the others, he smiles at Jack and proclaims, “Come now, men of the Zatox, cheer up and drink to your health, yes?"

Egg then addresses Blixx, "Indeed, Master Blixx, I just bought new styling grease and I think I like the results.” Gesturing to the size of the cup, Egg asks,“How much do you wish to consume today, fair-haired one?”

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken, Mutant Animal

"Whatever he's gettin', it's on me!" a squeaky voice shouts from the entrance. Frekken bounds in excitedly, and paws at the bar while struggling to scramble onto the barstool. "And I'll have one too!"

Once seated at the bar near Blixx, Frekken looks over in Jack's direction. "Aw, what'sa matter?" he asks the depressed-looking human, his big yellow eyes widening with concern.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "It's just all that has changed from what I used to know. It takes it's toll on a man even an un-mutated one. I just feel out of sorts."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Norjax »

“You see Master Blixx, your Frekken friend here has decided for you, yes?” Egg comments. “And you, Bold Frog, I imagine this environment is not to your liking. You are far from the fresh water environs of your home, no?”

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx-Eggorus Inn

"Thank You so very much Frekken, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar." Blixx looks thoughtful "Perhaps a bit of adventure is what we all need, pockets included, I know Artas is looking to buy a new Mu-Mu, I'm sure her prices will go up soon." Blixx chuckles. "An expedition into the Zone maybe?"
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Mister-Kent »

Frekken, Mutant Animal

Frekken's cheerful grin slips into a thoughtful pout as he considers' Egg's words. "You know, it was a rough transition...this place is so different from my swampy home. But I've decided to make the best of it!" The frogman's smile returns in full force.

"A Zone expedition?" he squeaks, turning to Blixx. "Ooh! Yes!" In his excitement, he slips off his stool, releasing an involuntary CROAK!
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Grognardsw »

Cthul Hand Luke, Alpha Plains Drifter / inn

Luke nods as Eggorus tells him about the Gam'A Zone. "What are those Karub pirates about? I haven't run into that ornery bunch."

Then Luke joins his friends who come into the bar.

"I was thinkin the same," says Luke to Blixx. "I reckon we should outfit some. Been meaning to visit little Angol."

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack Carter "You know that expedition might just do me some good to get my mind off things. I meant to offense towards anyone of you. I'm just feeling off. I think to have an adventure will give me something to do and pick my spirits up." he stops to drink the rest of his beer "I remember like used to always appear so chaotic when I was a sheriff always something sciency going awry and I'd always be the one to fix it. Eureka was a strange place never thought I'd miss those days."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Norjax »

Responding to Luke,“Ah, yes, the Karub Pirates.” He leans forward and begins to explain.

"They are a league of independent groups who meet once a year at an All Council to pass agreements on their collective right to plunder. Each has a captain who is the undisputed leader and is usually a human of some sort. They control the eastern waters of the Exica Sea, but their tribute demands extend throughout the whole of the sea. On occasion, groups or individuals break away and become independent or take up residence on land. When a group breaks away, the All Council will sanction a reclamation campaign to kill or capture the rouges. Their ships are made of salvaged metal from ancient vehicle hulks found buried all over these lands. If you look, even Loge Thanos has managed to take advantage of this resource, including (he points to the main structural support in the ceiling) the roof of my humble inn."

"Some claim that the Lightning Sea is their true home, but they were driven out by a powerful group of seafaring ratoids. Water-logged rat-men? That would be a site to see, no?”

To Jack, “My friend, you need to sow your adventuring oats; see strange sights and sounds. That is the cure for the homesick blues, yes?”

Waving his hand while addressing the others,“If you are going to see Angol, make sure to ask him about the Zone. He claims to have seen a large, reptilian bird flying into the zone on one of his travels down the Long Route to Lantica. Also, if you would, remind him for me that I’m still waiting for that shipment of salted jumper fish from Nuv Vano. I didn’t pay double for nothing!”

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Dogma »

Oor-Zak, MA gorilla

Oor-Zak lumbers into the inn and climbs into a bar stool.

"Oor-zak thirsty. Talky squirrel get him some water and Oor-Zak say thank you. Do you have grubs here? Oor-Zak had grubs at other place before. Grubs were good food."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; Human Male

Frank Rock walked into the Inn and wore an aura of 'grizzled veteran warrior' the way most people wore coats. He walked to the bar and asked for something strong to drink and nodded respectfully to his fellow companions. He pays attention to what the others are talking about; but adds little. When a break in the conversation occurs; he asked Eggorus; "Do you know if there's any firearms for sale in this town?"

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#19 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, mutant human

Bart is slumbering in nice dark corner of the tavern. Leaned back against the wall, hat tipped down, feet up, surround by empty glass.

“Click…snore…click…snore…etc.”

If going on adventures is on his mind, he shows none of it. Yet, at the mentions of firearms his ears holes itch.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Norjax »

“By Sarquin’s Paw, are those snakes!?!” Exclaims Eggorus, as he takes in the mutant gorilla seated at his bar. Once reassured they are appendages, he relaxes and accommodates Oor-zak. “Sure I have grubs! Most folks like them cored and smashed into pulp, my most popular porridge, but you can have the raw supply. One bowl or two?”

“Here, my grizzled grenadier, this Co Mixa drink is clear and powerful; perfect for a stout man such as you, yes?” Egg pours Frank a shot of the liquor and then lights it on fire. “Make sure you blow it out before it goes down the hatch! Now, firearms you say? Angol might have a couple that were pawned and Vestal (the metal worker) might be able to make one if given a suitable pattern.”

Return to “Archive”