It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:48 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 948
Belial

The flying ape launches himself toward the swarm, hooting. His intent is to draw their attention away from the others and keep them flying in circles chasing him.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 220
Bart, MH

Bart moves farther down the hole first checking the first chamber, then deeper.

"I think we should leave the door open, if we can get all the bees out we can shut ourselves in. I don't wish to be lock in a bee vault while they are home."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Jack tries to move down into the smoke when he can. Putting on his mask before doing so.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Xenia, Ohio
Blixx


Blixx will continue his descent into the smoke tube. He continues to avoid the bees and puts away his axes. "2 smokes left!" Blixx will then begin to don his turtle urine mask.

I have 4 jars for honey collection, and I believe the larvae are worth money also. Everyone should have a turtle urine mask as well.

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Belial leads the bees on a chase away from the tower.

OOC: Save vs. Energy Attack; 15 or over on 1d20.

With the smoke stabilized and not continuing to rise, Bart echo-locates the first chamber beyond the hatch opening. The chamber is filled with debris, including parts from dead bees. It is otherwise empty. The less-dense mass against the east side of the lower tower is the bee nest proper. Bart hears intense buzzing and echo-locates a dozen or so bees moving up from below, towards his location.

Jack dons his urine-soaked mask and positions himself next to Bart, ready to enter the hatch.

Blixx lands next to Bart and Jack. He produces two smoke grenades and ‘charges’ his mask with turtle urine before placing it over his face.

3D MAP:
Image

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 948
Belial

attribute check [1d20] = 8

uh-oh.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Urson wrote:

You are unable to outpace the bee swarm.

OOC: Roll initiative and declare an action/attack for this round.


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 948
Belial
init. [1d10] = 8

Belial flails at any of the bees that actually land on him, swearing.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm
Posts: 1666
Frekken panics watching the swarm chase after Belial. "CRoooakk!" Frekken fires wildly at the swarm. "I'm sorry Belial! I don't know how to help youuu!!" the frogmonn shouts.

longbow attack [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9

_________________
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 948
Belial

No problemo OW! dude. DAMN! I made my SHIT! Choice! Belial continues flailing, probably coming in for a hard landing as he does.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Jack looks over to Bart and Blixx "Well now what set off another smoke grenade or are we jumpin down the next level?"

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 220
Bart, MH

"just, a sec!"

Idk, i think we might have to run?, any ideas guys?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

OOC: Actions outside the tower; Bees, Belial, Frekken and Jiminy

Belial’s initiative is 8 plus the +3 modifier for a DEX of 17 = 11.
He gets the initiative on the swarm. He may roll an attack before they strike.

Belial slashes with his assegai, slicing a bee completely in half! (7 points of dmg.)

Belial = [1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22, [1d8+2] = 1+2 = 3 dmg.

[1d8+2] = 2+2 = 4 double dmg.

Random target = [1d6] = 6

---

The five remaining bees of the swarm close with and attack Belial (AC12), three of them spike him with stingers for 12 points of damage!

OOC: Roll 3 Saving throws vs. Poison. You need a 12 or more on 1d20+2.

Swarm initiative = [1d10+3] = 6+3 = 9

Gam'A Bee = [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3, [1d4] = 3 dmg.

Gam'A Bee = [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12, [1d4] = 4 dmg.

Gam'A Bee = [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20, [1d4] = 4 dmg.

Gam'A Bee = [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4, [1d4] = 4 dmg.

Gam'A Bee = [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15, [1d4] = 4 dmg.

---

Frekken fires at the swarm before they approach the flying Baboon, but misses.

Jiminy slides out from hiding and produces his Pigmonn pistol, but then remembers something about firing into a group and accidentally hitting a friendly.

OOC: The inside group still must declare an action for this round. Belial and Frekken may declare their actions for next round.


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 948
Belial

[1d20] = 14+2

Belial swears as he's stung again and again, but bares his teeth in a snarl of fury and determination. He flaps hard, intending to take flight and keep these bees busy.

come get me, you uncool mufugahs!

I don't suppose there's any chance these bees tear out their stingers and die like normal honeybees when they sting? :roll:

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:45 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 220
Bart, MH

plans
1. We use blixx vamping some how?
2. shut hatch and run/deal with other bees. but will the hatch hold them? can it still lock?
3. We smoke bomb more, let the bees out, then go in and close hatch behind? let others deal with bees? still might be more inside?


an option:
"JACK, your with me. Blixx your bait. Turn on you vamp as soon as they get to the hatch. Be ready to close that hatch. Don't let any thru."
Bart and Jack jump over to chamber pressing to the back. jack ready with smoke bombs. Bart ready with crossbow.

I don't think jack can see if we close the hatch, so avoid.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Jack nods acknowledging Bart's plan "Alright I'll do as you say let me know when we're ready for me to do my part."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2705
Frank Rock; veteran Human


(Assuming Frank can see the swarm around Belial) Frank carefully works the bolt on his Rifle and takes aim at one of the Bees swarming his friend, lines up a shot, takes a breath; and releases it at the same time he pulls the trigger....


OOC: Attack Roll: 1d20+1 for DEX 13: [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16

If that hits; 1d12 damage: [1d12] = 5


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Xenia, Ohio
Blixx


"Good on you Bart, I'm bait" Blixx pushes one of the grenades into Barts hands and flies to the hatch preparing to vamp the squad of Gamma Bees!


Initiative [1d10+1] = 8+1 = 9

vampiric field (43’r absorb HP 2d4/rd 24hr duration)

_________________
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm
Posts: 1666
Frekken follows Belial's flight path, hoping that if his winged friend goes to ground he can be onsite quickly to assist...

OOC: Going to run beneath Belial/the Swarm

_________________
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group