Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#121 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

Jack relays the information from Den to the others

---

Jiminy rolls his way to Po Ellol’s arms palace. Po looks over the counter at Jiminy when he enters the establishment, smirks, and asks, “How may I help you, my shape-changing friend?”

---
Urson wrote:Belial
Belial flaps in slow circles, watching what's happening. His lip curls at the thought of slaves, but most of his attention is focused on the bridge and the roads leading to it. Does this look like someone entering the town, or leaving?
It appears that the group of Lantica slavers and merchants are waiting to cross the bridge. There are people at the other side, but they are standing clear of the rolling monstrosity.

---

What’s the plan to reenter the Zone? How many days do you expect to be out in the wilderness and inside the Zone?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy rolls his way to Po Ellol’s arms palace. Po looks over the counter at Jiminy when he enters the establishment, smirks, and asks, “How may I help you, my shape-changing friend?”
Jiminy: "Googoogoogoogood morninging! I'mm an adventshurer, and I'm going on an adventshhhhure with my new palsh!" Going through a series of squirming contortions meant, in Jiminy's imagination, to convey manly insoucience, he says, "I need shome phthpbtfire-power.

"I mean, a gun.

"Or othhhher rangededed weaponsch.

"you know."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Norjax »

“Oh, I see.” Po says, with a dismissive attitude, to Jiminy. “And what, Master Adventurer, is your budget? I assume you are looking for a pistol-type weapon?”

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy is ready to upchuck all of his money on the spot, but he recalls the many times he's been advised to play it cagey with merchants. "I have... a schertain number offff pennieshh. More than five. Lesshhh than ten.

"Oh, and thirteen poundsh of gold."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Norjax »

Upon hearing Jiminy offer 13 pounds (130gp) of gold, Po becomes more obliging.

“Well,” he says. “For 13 lbs. of gold, all I can offer is a Striker Pistol (flintlock) with 15 balls and powder.”

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank thanks Den for telling him where to get the glass jars and replies to Jiminy saying; "Yes, I think a gun could be quite useful in times of trouble my friend". He then accompanies his new companions to the Arms Palace; worried someone may try to take advantage of Jiminy's......inexperience....

Frank does his best to walk in with as tough an attitude as possible and he looks hard at Po and replies; "Are you SURE that's all you have available for that price?" in a low, dangerous tone; trying to ensure his new friend isn't ripped off...

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Norjax »

Po is clearly annoyed at Frank’s interference with his sales pitch to Jiminy, but he concedes.

“I can go down to 100gp for the Striker Pistol with 15 balls and powder. The only other pistol for 130gp is this unkept Pigmonn pistol that shoots the Kaliber 7A ammunition. You need to be pretty strong to handle it (STR 15 or above), but it’s a powerful pistol (1d10 dmg.) if you can handle it. Ammunition is extra, of course.” Po concludes with a smile.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Pulpatoon »

Several of Jiminy's eyes look eagerly towards Frank for guidance. "Oh, I'mmmm plenty shtrong. Do you wanna shee me lift shomethinginging? Waddayou think, Pbthfrank? Thhhhhe pigmonn gugugun? Orrrrr the pishtol?"

To Po: "Can I try holding themmmm? It'sh shometimmmmmes hard to hold schtuff in my mouthshhhhh."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Urson »

Belial continues watching the process at the bridge, occasionally growling. Slavers, dude! What a bunch of grommets! If the Lebowski was here, he'd teach them the error of their mistakes. Or at least tear some heads off.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by max_vale »

Frank cracks a rare grin at Jiminy's eagerness, but he honestly has no idea if his.....pseudo-pod/mouth/whatevers have the strength to handle the Pigmonn pistol. Guessing that Po's not going to be in a mood to let his companion test them out, he unslings his rifle off his shoulder, carefully unloads it and puts the ammo in a pocket and then lowers the rifle to his buddy. "See if you can hold this okay.....if you can, then I'd say the Pigmonn pistol is the way to go. If not, then probably the Striker Pistol is a better bet".

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy extends several mouths to firmly grip the rifle, wrapping gray-blue tongues around parts that need extra finesse. Thick slobber drops off the rifle to puddle on the floor.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Norjax »

Po hesitates, and then begins to hand the pigmonn pistol over to Jiminy. When he sees the amorphous blob slobber all over Frank’s rifle, the arms merchant withdraws his offer and simply states. “I think you have the necessary strength to handle this weapon.”

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Norjax »

Urson wrote:Belial continues watching the process at the bridge, occasionally growling. Slavers, dude! What a bunch of grommets! If the Lebowski was here, he'd teach them the error of their mistakes. Or at least tear some heads off.
The bridge is fully extended and travelers begin to cross from Hagalton’s side. To the east of the bridge, you see some sort of vehicle around a mile or so away moving down the Long Route. The road extends to the limits of your vision far into the distance.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by max_vale »

Frank says to Jiminy; "Yeah, looks like you'd be FINE using that Pigmonn Pistol buddy. Plus, it uses the same ammo as my Rifle here, along with the couple of others we got in the group, so that's a plus. I'd go with the Pigmonn pistol Jiminy, but it's your money and your choice."

Taking back his rifle, Frank does the best job he can at not looking grossed out over the slobber coating it and wipes it down with a rag he carries in his pack for cleaning his weapons. Throwing a wry look at Po, he asks; "How much for a new rag?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy: "Thbthhhanksh, Frankikikikik!"

To Po: "I'll take the Pigigigimonn gun, pleashe. No need to wrap itttt. And you shaid ammmmmo wash extra? Becaushe I shtill have nine penniesh."

Jiminy disgorges his sack of gold and passes over to Po. "There mmmmmmmight be some piecsches of goat jerky in there, tooooo. You can keep them, if you'd lililike."

He hesitates a second. "Bububut ifffff you don't like goat jerky, I could take it."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#136 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack goes around checking on the others to see how much longer before they plan to set out again.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Urson »

Belial spirals down to Frank. I'll be ready tomorrow, my dude. Got an awesome new shirt to wear, but Dude's gotta make it fit around the wings.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Norjax »

Po twists his face with mild disgust and then picks up Jiminy’s money sack with his fingers. He peels the edges of the bag open and removes the coins, placing them on the counter. “Each round of ammunition is 1gp, Master Adventurer.” Po then tosses a clean rag to Frank, nodding a non-verbal clue that the wipe is on the house.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy recover the sack. To Frank, he says, "I'mmm not shure I cacacan catsch enough ratsh to buy ammo. Iffff we're going to schtick around town for anothererer day, do you have any ideash on how we might earn a few gold coinsh?"

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#140 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

"Teeko, I'd best hold on to these..." Bart holds up the belt pointing to the charged eggs. ",but you can have the dead ones if you like. Say as payment for the knowledge. If I find away to charge them what would that be worth to you?"

Return to “Archive”