CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#61 Post by Norjax »

Mimdalf wrote:Blixx in Hagalton
Blixx accepts the mushrooms gladly and examines the scroll.
The scroll has two descriptions:
  • Crimson Dawn: 5gp/large sack.
    A single, white stalk with fur 1-2” high.
    A reddish to maroon hood spotted with white clusters.

• Black Eyed Death: 18gp/large sack.
    Multiple stalks from a single root, 4-6” high.
    Irregular shaped hood with black to purple circular growths.
    The growths will ooze black liquid when popped.
    If there is not liquid in the growths, cutting the stalks will release a deadly, toxic gas.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

(OOC: Sorry for the long delay there in posting...RL got a bit crazy....Frank would have asked for 5gp....in whatever coinage works, if that's cool)

Frank takes the reloaded Pigmonn Rifle rounds from the armorer and says; "Much obliged Po, thanks again" and walks out to find his friends.

Seeing Blixx, Frank comes over and says; "So, what's that map say friend?"

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx in Hagalton

"Hey Frank, not so much a map here but an offer to make some money finding mushrooms on our travels, for the healer." Blixx shows Frank the scroll. "We should be getting our group together and see what our next move will be."
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack being ignored in the tip for selling items from the zone shrugs and looks for something else to do...likely returning to the bar and drinking until everyone else wishes to move on.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx in Hagalton

Blixx Slaps his head after hearing about Jack's merchant contact. "We could have gotten so much more for loot!" "Maybe we can get a deal on supplies from them at the very least." Blixx asks the barkeep for something a little strong to help ease the pain in his joints.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

Jack, Blixx and Frank return to the Tavern (34) for some refreshments.

“Rough night?” Gunas Pell, the bartender, asks. “Did you have any luck with Den Lo-Chis?” He pours Jack a double beer and some spirits for Blixx and Frank.

---

What are Belial, Jiminy and Bart doing this morning?

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack sighs and replies to Gunas Pell "Nah apparently I relayed your advice too late my friends had already sold off what we salvaged from the zone. But we'll keep it in mind if we return to the zone and salvage anything more. Sorry but I appreciated the tip." with that Jack starts working on his beer having littler else in mind to do at the moment.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Norjax »

“Hmm, that’s too bad,” Gunas replies. “You still might want to inquire with him. He’s known to contract explorers to find certain items within the Zone. He pays well too.”

Gunas moves to greet three new customers, who are Lantica Slavers from the east side of town. They look around the open air tavern, briefly locking eyes with you, and then looking elsewhere. The other patrons do not seem disturbed by their presence, nor are they gregarious towards them.

GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack smiles at Gunas Pell "After I've finished my drink sounds like a plan. Thanks again." nonchalantly eyeing the newcomers entering the place he looks back to the bartender and whispers "What do you make of them, they look like trouble."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Urson »

Belial nods when Karps makes his offer. Done and done, my dude! I wish I had more than 2.

Likewise, I've had more things than time recently- apologies!

Belial will head for #2- the foodstuffs shop, for dried fruit and insect jerky. After that, he'll be heading toward #27- the tailor, hoping to find a nice Hawaiian shirt.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

Gunas leans forward, with low voice. “They can be trouble if challenged. The slavers trade for mutants who exhibit extraordinary powers, especially of the mental variety.” Gunas returns to the three slavers to serve them and engages in a brief chat.

He returns and hands you a menu, even though you didn’t ask for one. “Stay clear and keep a low profile, especially your mutant friends,“ he adds, looking at Blixx. “Don’t overtly display mutant powers and you’ll be alright.”

---

Belial visits the foodstuff shop (2) and asks the snakemonn about fruit and jerky. He offers Belial bags of dried fruit for 1cp each and some insect jerky for 2cp a piece.

The mutant baboon then browses the tailor’s shop (27) for a Hawaiian shirt. The proprietor, Jeffs Hari, is a slender man with a pock-marked face. He smiles, not immediately recognizing the old Ongish term, then smiles saying, “I think I have something similar.” Jeffs then departs through a set of curtains and returns shortly with an off-white shirt decorated with the red outlines of various plant leaves rubbed in by staining with berry juice. “You can have it for 15gp, and that includes tailoring to fit around your wings.”

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack nods silently acknowledging the bartender's advice once more then opens the menu to take a gander even though he knows it already. After a moment he'll ask "Dried meat my good man."

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#73 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx in Hagalton

Blixx shudders at what Gunas has said. Gladd that he has good friends here. "Might I see a menu also friend Gunas?"

Namárië

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#74 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

The Ugly mutant awakes from a dark corner of the tavern and spots his friends and makes to join them cup in hand. The day past he lost interest in all the dickering, and left Blixx to deal with the swindlers. He found his way to the tavern where he told ballads and whistled songs of the groups adventures from Cashtown to Gamma zone. Bartholomew Ichabod Zinc the Biz as he called himself when performing, had no coin, but a healthy hangover to show for his skills... and not much for memory.
He pulls a spare chair from across the tavern, he greets his muties.

"Ahoy me muties!"

He pours the rest of jacks beer into his "fine cup" (tea cup), he downs it with his pinky out.

"Slavers, its not right, someone should snuff the lot!" He slurs this worse then Jiminy would.
"Jiminy, heh!" he grins broadly.

Sorry I've been MIA, no excuse. :oops:

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy Gurglesquelch, eager to learn what plans the party might be forming, heads into the tavern. Oblivious to the air of intrigue and caution, he waves a tendril excitedly at his compatriots and gibbers loudly: "HI, GUYSHSS! WHATSH GGGGGGGOINGING ON? HOWSH THHHHHHHE FOOD, HERE?"

Slurping up their table, he rolls an eye across the menu. It leaves a slimy trail. "What are yyyyyyyyyou guyshs gettinginging?"

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack responds to Jiminy "Hi Jiminy I'm having beer and dried meat."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Urson »

Quote:

Belial visits the foodstuff shop (2) and asks the snakemonn about fruit and jerky. He offers Belial bags of dried fruit for 1cp each and some insect jerky for 2cp a piece.

The mutant baboon then browses the tailor’s shop (27) for a Hawaiian shirt. The proprietor, Jeffs Hari, is a slender man with a pock-marked face. He smiles, not immediately recognizing the old Ongish term, then smiles saying, “I think I have something similar.” Jeffs then departs through a set of curtains and returns shortly with an off-white shirt decorated with the red outlines of various plant leaves rubbed in by staining with berry juice. “You can have it for 15gp, and that includes tailoring to fit around your wings.”

Belial takes 2 of the dried fruit and one of the jerky (4 cp total)

To the tailor: It is the awesome, mi compadre! But I better go find my friends- This is their money too, ya dig? I'll probably be back for it by day's end.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy Gurglesquelch, post-apocalyptic gourmand: "Dried meat ish ushhhhually really gggggggood, but I chust ate a bunch offffff ratsh. Maybe they havfffe, like, a bucket of grainsh? Or a shack offfffffffffff fffffvegetable peelingsh? And... do thhhhhhhhey wasch thhhhheir dischesh here? Becaushe I could really go for shome dischwater, righttttttt now."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Urson »

Somewhere about this time, Belial finds his friends at the bar. Dudes! I got 40 dinero for the puke bombs. I spent a little on grub, but then remembered it wasn't all my money- much apologies, ya know?

To the bartender: I'd be most grateful for a nice big bowl of water, dude.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

Everyone is at the Tavern/Water Supply (34)

Gunas provides dried meat to Jack and water to Belial. He hands Blixx a menu and stands speechless as Jiminy rolls an eye across the bar. The bartender shakes his head and walks over to the kitchen area.

One of the slavers points at Jiminy and laughs. They speak in a foreign tongue, but you are able to discern that they are mocking your unusual mutant-mass friend.

Gunas returns and drops a bucket of waste on the bar near Jiminy. “Here,” he says. “Scraps of vegetables and grain. Some have started to ferment.” He slides a shallow dish of water to Jiminy. “You can wash it down with this.”

Return to “Archive”