OOC

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC

#481 Post by zebediah »

Hi guys, life is making it very difficult for me to keep up with this and my other games around here so sadly I will have to take my leave. Really really sorry for that but recently making the time for online gaming is feeling like a chore and it shouldn't be like that. It's also not nice to you all to keep a level of participation that is at best half hearted, so I'd rather Wolf brings someone else onboard who may be more participative.

Wolf, thanks for bringing this game back after all the time since we played originally. It's been a blast and I hope I can return again eventually. Team, thanks for being a great group to play with. I will continue to check the forums whenever possible.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by rredmond »

That sucks Rodrigo. Hope all is well, and hope to roll dice with you again real soon!!!!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#483 Post by zebediah »

Maybe in November. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Rhonon
Tracker
Tracker

#484 Post by Rhonon »

Have a good time, Rodrigo. Hope to see you back here soon.

Rasmus

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by wolfpack »

sorry to see you go I will npc until you can return

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Argennian »

Bummed to see you go as well, Zeb. Wishing you & yours all the best and here's to hoping we'll be able to roll the online bones again soon, brother!

Well, online dice until the first annual UnseenservantCon, that is... 8-)

Best,

Mitch
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#487 Post by rredmond »

Considering our light source issue, is there any other ideas?
It looks to me like we have to head back out, as much as I hate to do it.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#488 Post by Alethan »

It's such a PITA (climbing stairs, climbing ropes, climbing hollowed mountains), if we head out, Cilian is likely going to vote to not come back. In any case, not sure how to deal with swarms of rats - either normal or giant - in a labyrinth of single-file corridors of bone-filled caches, especially if we have no idea what we might find.

He might be convinced to return if we over-supply ourselves with rope and lanterns and oil and such...

My vote, for right now, is to bug out.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Argennian »

Yeah, Vik was concerned about the party's lack of resources even before we climbed down the rickety stairwell of potential doom. Of course, to be fair, we didn't realize that we were going to be doing a dungeon delve either. But we're all young adventurers, and therefor not experienced enough to know better! ;)

If we're putting it to a vote: I'd say let's fall back up above to R&R at minimum, so we don't have to either burn resources whilst we R&R or get attacked by a swarm of rats... :?

If we vote to depart & go back to town for supplies: Vik would also like to overstock and return. Something tells him that there's something down there that they're going to need in our ongoing battle with the Deathmongers! :geek:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by wolfpack »

So is there a group decision? At thi time you are standing at the bottom of the stairwell.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by Argennian »

So far I'm seeing 3 votes to bug out (Ron, Al & myself) and head back up top. Everyone else cool with that?

If so: cool.
If not, sound off.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by ravenn4544 »

I also agree to head out and stock up - it gets dark fast down there! Maybe find a better alternative like a lantern or something.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by rredmond »

Rhonon wrote:Osric puts out his holy symbol and makes a step towards the zombie. Back off, unholy creature! Go to the hells you belong to! Allmighty Thor will judge you!
He obviously tries to turn undead...
If the turn works, Tub is going to take credit with his "meat" ploy!
:P

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by Argennian »

After assisting Scythius and Tub in setting up whatever kind of booby trap(s) they can, Viktor takes up a defensive position next to Osric, whilst he rests and prepares to pray to Thor for more spells. He'll keep his bow and an arrow to hand during the shift.

Once so settled, the young churl deputy starts an internal dialogue with himself to stay occupied as the cold, dark hours begin to tick by. Once he grows tired of the one-way conversation, he'll begin softly humming that old tavern tune that his older brother Roscoe used to. Well, before he went off to prison in Oslodin anyways...

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#495 Post by wolfpack »

Guys I think we are going to have to move the game to achieve. I have been so busy with the new position as a Kronos administrator I just don't have any free time, my evenings are taken up coaching my daughters travel softball team.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#496 Post by Alethan »

Not a problem, wolfpack.

Thanks for bringing it back for the second round in the first place!

Al
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#497 Post by rredmond »

It was a good go Todd!!
Thanks! Real life kinda stinks when it gets in the way of our gaming fun! :)
--Ron--

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by Argennian »

All good and +3 on the cheers & thank yous as well, Todd. May your daughter's travel softball team roll natural 20s to absolutely, positively and defiantly crush their competitor's AC, man! 8-)

I would like to submit that Aroth has always been a good, fun game. I would be down to come back aboard any time you want to pull her out of dry-dock and sail her around the horn again... :ugeek:

Best,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by wolfpack »

Once I get settled into the new position (I have never worked with Kronos before now) and have everything under control I'll do another comeback.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by Argennian »

8-) 8-) 8-)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Aroth”