It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6102
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Dandelion attempts another skewer, but is obviously distracted by the sickening thud of Chet's falling body.
Trident [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7; dam S-M [1d6+6] = 6+6 = 12; crit [1d100] = 21; init [1d6] = 1

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15135
Injured and angry, Angus spares no more witty banter for his enemy.

Initiative: [1d6] = 2
Leddilir v. evil humanoid (THAC0 17): [1d20] = 16 [1d8+6] = 1+6 = 7/[1d12+6] = 1+6 = 7 (SM/L), Crit: [1d100] = 8

I used the wrong macro. That should be 3 damage, not 7.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2756
Galan gives up any pretense of sneakiness and simply attacks head on.

[1d20] = 4 to hit

and fails

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Midwest
CHEEEEET!!! Hyde roars silently, and throws himself and all his fury at the creature responsible for harming his Good Pal.

Init: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

To hit: [1d20+3] = 9+3 = 12

Dmg: [1d8+6] = 2+6 = 8

Crit: [1d100] = 47


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:17 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Yenny's eyes crackle with rage. In one swift motion, she draws her flail and, with a flick of her forearm, propels the metal ball up towards Chet's slayer. It starts to grin as it evades her strike, but the blessing of Veles guides it back on course. Yenny feels the satisfactory recoil as the ball cracks bone...though without the accompanying sound. The creature falls to the ground, dead, the third so slain.

The Bless spell made the difference here!

In the corner of the room, the remaining foe fights on with remarkable tenacity. Acting before the others, it rakes Angus and Dandelion with razor-sharp claws.

target Galan 1 Dandelion 2 Angus 3 [1d3] = 2

target Galan 1 Dandelion 2 Angus 3 [1d3] = 3

Creature attacks Dandelion [1d20] = 13, [1d100] = 90, [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

Dandelion -5 hp!

Creature attacks Angus [1d20] = 20, [1d100] = 77, [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Angus -4 hp!

The ranger, now badly injured and quite cross, deals a fatal slash to his foe. Its dying screams are heard by Galan, Angus, and Dandelion.

Given how initiatives went, I moved this along as the outcome couldn't possibly have changed with Figgis' and Kablamicus' actions.

4 enemy corpses lie about, as well as that of Chet and the tortured human seen upon entry. The four creatures have coin purses on their belts. Wooden crates are stacked about the room. The skulls look on silently.

Actions?

Date: 25 Culling, Year 44
Time: 10:14
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: Bless for Yenny, Kablamicus, Angus, Galan, Figgis through 10:15; Silence in south part of room through 10:20
Light bearers: Yenny’s bracelet
Injury Status: Galan lightly wounded; Hyde, Dandelion moderately wounded; Angus heavily wounded; Chet dead
all enemies slain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1227
Assuming she can, Yenny lets the silence spell drop as she kneels to pray over Chet’s body. After a minute or so she stands, her face grimmer than normal.

”Time to see what we can do for the living, Veles”, she mutters. ”Come here Angus, you look hurt.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15135
Angus doesn't bother protesting; he took some mighty cuts in the battle.

He raises a hand to Chronia's Tear and looks contemplatively at Chet's body. He also checks whether his magic arrow is recoverable. "Reckon we better give this place a good look-see," he says. "Maybe something in here can tell us who these here critters were and why they were aiming to kill us."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Midwest
CHEEEEEEEET!!! Hyde throws his massive form over his slain companion, mourning as only he can; noisily sobbing, snorting and slurping.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1227
"May Veles give you the strength to keep us safe."
CLW [1d8] = 2
"I said, may Veles give you the strength to keep us safe!"
CLW [1d8] = 3
"We are deep in an evil place. We must cleanse this area and bring the light down in."

For Angus. Yenny has one more CLW...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15135
"Much obliged," says Angus, though he doesn't feel much better. "Might need us a rest up in town."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
enn.in.me wrote:

For Angus. Yenny has one more CLW...


Actually, she used one on Chet, so I think her healing is tapped out now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1227
Quote:
Actually, she used one on Chet, so I think her healing is tapped out now.

Maybe I mis-counted. I thought I'd already struck that one out, and I -Nope 5 spells makes 3 CLW, 1 bless, and 1 Detect Magic. Never mind. I'll update.
:oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Angus considers altering history as Yenny prays over his wounds. One of his many claw wounds closes up and heals completely.

Hyde pays his respects to Chet in his own way, sobbing over his friend's lifeless body. They explore the room for clues to the origin of its denizens. Against one wall lies an old anvil with blood-stained metal scraps. The crates yield nothing beyond the macabre skulls. Ones with flesh show signs of torture, but they have not been dissected or any of the pieces harvested. In the coinpurses of the creatures they find a total of 340 gold pieces and two jasper gemstones...probably worth 50-100 gp each.

Their clue is found where the floor meets the wall. They find arcane, magical writing. The script, unintelligible to all in the party, repeats itself several dozen times as it's written along the entire perimeter of the room, including both doorways. They have not seen its like thus far in this subterranean area.

A thorough inspection of the room reveals nothing further.

Actions?

Date: 25 Culling, Year 44
Time: 10:25
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: Bless for Yenny, Kablamicus, Angus, Galan, Figgis through 10:15; Silence in south part of room through 10:20
Light bearers: Yenny’s bracelet
Injury Status: Galan lightly wounded; Hyde, Dandelion moderately wounded; Angus heavily wounded; Chet dead
all enemies slain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:22 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
As the party searches the room, they also take stock of Chet's possessions:

The most prized is his Fork of Tritherton, a magical pole arm (spetum) that transforms into a trident.
He wears a magical ring on his right index finger.
He has a large sack containing:
A light crossbow with 30 bolts in a 24- and 12-bolt quiver
440 gp, 11 ep, 13 sp, 4 cp
2 first aid kits
A set of thieves' tools
2 torches with a set of flint and steel
A bedroll
A waterskin
A dagger

Two of the enemies, in their cold dead hands, still hold their two-handed swords


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15135
The first aid kits remind Angus that he has two of his own. He reaches for one, pulls out a bandage, and places it over a wound.

First aid: [1d4] = 2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
The party recounts the battle as they decide on next steps. Were the creatures hostile before Galan and Figgis entered the room? It is difficult to tell.

It seemed all of them had some magical capabilities. The immunity to Kablamicus' spell was a nasty surprise.

As the battle waned, they did not fight as a unit. All seemed to be looking after their own interests. And the one threatening Chet offered...help? As did the one slain by Angus. But help with what? And why did the one threatening Chet wait so long to kill him? Did it have something to do with Kablamicus hurling the dart at it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:13 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm
Posts: 313
Figgis is quiet as he lifts a gemstone close to one eye. Chet's death has very little effect on him, his thoughts on the matter restricted to the idea that they are now one warrior short.

When the right moment came, the dwarf cleared his throat and spoke. "Ye might wanna go back an' find another sword hand or two. If ye be thinkin' I'm gonnae stand in fer Chet going toe t' toe with whatever else is crawlin' down 'ere, ye'd be wrong. In fact, I'm just fookin' disappointed wi' meself fer how much fighting' I did."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2166
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Kablambicus

Obviously rattled more than he lets on. He silently goes about helding sort the room. He goes so far as to take put a handkerchief clean up chets face a bit, at a bit of a loss.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6102
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Dandelion asks if the tear thing can be used to only reverse the one action Chet's killer took to take control of him, leaving the others to their actions and fate.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Midwest
Hyde finally notices his own injuries, but quickly realizes others are in worse shape. He nods, still sniffling, at what both Angus and Figgis have to say. Yeahh, yeahh, we need get outta heah now, hah? We gotta care for Chet propa. His brow furrows in a second. Betta make sure ain't no more of these creeps about. He stalks the exits, ready to defend.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group