Re: Chapter 14 - To the Gardens in Azurpenia's Prison

#161 Post by Zhym »

"The hell?" says Angus. "We ain't allowed to cuss now? Bugger that."

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#162 Post by enn.in.me »

"You cuss all you want big guy. I'm just cleaning my little corner to help our new companion enjoy his stay in our unwashed world. I'm not sure I know any cuss words in your language though. Maybe next time we have a long walk you can help me out. I'm a thinkin' it'd be funner than a ...a... something? a two-headed cabbage?-- you'll help me out, right? -- to be speakin' like you."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by AleBelly »

Introductions are made, and the Protectors of the Crown return with news of potential missions from the king (I'm taking some poetic license here).

Tempus, of a druidic bent, is interested in exploring the strange behavior of boars in the woods not far outside Alleborg. Dandelion, Chet, and Galan decide to join him.

Yenny and Angus believe their efforts will better serve the people if they root out the orc stronghold. Figgis sees opportunity for wealth, and Hyde likes the idea of disguise.

Kamblambicus, reluctant to be here in the first place, has yet to select which group (if any) he will join.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Bluehorse »

Kablambicus

Sits up and realizes the group he took to be one unit is splitting up and seems a little dumbfounded for a moment. "You don't seriously mean to split your collextive resources?" when he sees them give him the look he usually reserves for slow pupils he turns a little red and and picks up his tea. "Fine, fine... out to the world we go. Orcs tend to have plenty of loot, or so the tales say. I'll tag long there and see what we can uncover. No sense in beating around the bush for pigs..." he sips his tea.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by tkrexx »

I like pig, Hyde responds almost without thinking. But, if ya be lookin' for vulga, it don't get more vulga than us, hah Angus? HAAA! Hahahahh! He leans forward, careful not to annoy the dour Dwarf, and continues.

I got 2 lots of news, some good, some not so much. Anyone recall an Alleborg councilman called Adalbert? He be the one who put the bounty on our heads. He got dead in the shake-up, so now that bounty be void and null. The Half-Orc's large black eyes travel about the group. But I wouldn't get too comftable, no. Got some hoodlums ain't too happy about us being back, and ain't happy about not gettin' paid to knock us off.

About that Orc City, now that it be leveled, them Orcs, they went undaground. Got a big hole they climb in, and ya can bet they got it guarded and trapped, yeahh. But ya can also bet that ain't the only hole they got. Got a back door or two, yeahh, especially the leada-types. They always want able to get away in secret if the goin' gets rough.
Hyde points to the new-hires, tho more politely to Figgis, then to the grizzled Redbeard. This Angus, he be a Rainja, a mighty Orc-killa. He can track a spida across ice. Ain't nobody betta to visit an Orc City with. I got no thoughts otha than him findin' even the secret Orc holes, but there's no tellin' what waits within, no. All them who talk to animals is goin' afta wild pig. He pauses a moment, as if collecting his thoughts, and a thin line of drool inches it way down his matted beard. He looks at the Ranger. Is this recon?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion will offer to go with the group to the orc city instead, so as to keep the group intact.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”