Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

AleBelly
enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

#581 Post by enn.in.me »

Is Yenny the one in the doorway (not in melee )?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#582 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion performs an AMAZING pirouette back handspring combo to move toward the next birdbrain. She thrusts the trident at the end with grace and flare.
Trident [1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20; dam S-M [1d6+6] = 2+6 = 8; crit [1d100] = 34; init [1d6] = 5
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by Zhym »

Angus, not sure why he's bothering with ears when the whole body should be available soon, attacks the crow men again.

Initiative: [1d6] = 4
Leddilir v. evil humanoid (THAC0 17): [1d20] = 11 [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10/[1d12+6] = 8+6 = 14 (SM/L), Crit: [1d100] = 3

What a weird and useless critical hit effect.
Last edited by Zhym on Thu May 18, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#584 Post by tkrexx »

"They run scared??" Hyde's face contorts in confusion, DO I LOOK SCARED?? He bellows and advances on the nearest Crow-Man, intent on more than scaring.

Init: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2
To Hit: [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10
Dmg: [1d8+6] = 1+6 = 7
Crit: [1d100] = 93

Uh-oh.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#585 Post by enn.in.me »

Assuming the answer is yes
Yenny looks around and raises her holy symbol and chants towards the bowman and his two closest buds, casting Hold Person (saving throw at 0). "In Veles' name, move no more!"
Initiative [1d6] = 1

If she is in melee
Yenny swings wildly at the crowman in front of her.
(ignore the 2nd initiative roll)
Initiative [1d6] = 6, flail [1d20] = 6, damage [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4, crit [1d100] = 100

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#586 Post by AleBelly »

enn.in.me wrote:Is Yenny the one in the doorway (not in melee )?
Tennyson is not in my Lee

Yenny is not in melee. (Above line is my phone's autocorrect. I suppose it's also a true statement.)

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#588 Post by CAI4 »

Although it didn't go so well last time, Chet sees Angus is outnumbered and goes to help him, with a punch and a kick and a...

Init [1d6]: 1
To hit [1d20]: 12
Crit [1d100]: 70
Damage [1d6]: 5

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#589 Post by AleBelly »

The battle turns decisively in our heroes’ favor.

Dandelion continues her rampage. She mesmerizes her opponent with an acrobatic move – then skewers him to death with her blood-stained trident.

Angus slices at a crowman – it poofs into thin air. The ranger has slain an illusion!

Rufus, unable to get off a shot and inspired by his new comrades’ mettle, joins the fray. He stabs a crowman with his long sword. Hyde strikes the same target. The crowman is badly bloodied but stands tall as he delivers a savage stab to Rufus’ midsection!

Crowman attacks Rufus [1d20] = 17 crit [1d100] = 54 dmg [1d6] = 6

The last remaining crow-archer sees Yenny readying a spell, but grunts in frustration. The short gnome is unreachable behind the melee! He drops his bow, pulls a short sword from its sheath and attacks, nicking Rufus. ”Watch the tiny one!” he shouts.

Crowman attacks Rufus [1d20] = 16 crit [1d100] = 93 dmg [1d6] = 1

Sagthistle and a crowman face off, trading blows. Sagthistle gets the better of it, sustaining only a minor wound.

Crowman attack Sagthistle [1d20] = 20 crit[1d100] = 17 dmg [1d6] = 1

Chet cannot stay out of the fray, and joins with a flourish – he delivers a series of punches to a crowman’s ribcage. It cries in pain as it spits blood.

Yenny and Tempus cast spells – Yenny holding forth a small piece of iron. Tempus entreats a crowman to stop his fight. The crowman responds: ”Are you mad? Help me kill this half-elf bastard!!” The target of the charm spell is shown with a heart in the top right corner

Yenny’s spell is a huge success. Three crowmen seize, unable to move – including the unmasked one. Blood still trickles from his missing ear. green dots on battle map

The last able-bodied crowman turns to run.

Meanwhile, back in Chronia's room, Arnulf pulls a first aid kit from his pack. "This is my last one" he warns as he dresses one of Galan's wounds. "Now hold still"[/ooc]

Actions?

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 7.51.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 7.51.51 PM.png (581.25 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 20:25
Conditions: 54F, calm, room dark and damp
Known Spells in Effect: Yenny under some sort of hunger enchantment, Hyde sticky but mobile, three crowmen paralyzed until 20:30, one crowman possibly charmed
Light bearers: Lamps in rooms - Angus' lantern has 3.5 hours worth of oil left in it but is unlit. Chet torch until 21:23
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: Chet, Yenny, Rufus moderately wounded, Arnulf, Angus, Sagthistle slightly wounded, Galan heavily wounded

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by tkrexx »

Aw, no! Hyde assesses the situation surprisingly quick and barrels after the fleeing crow-man, You start a fight and then run away, hah?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by Storm11 »

"Stop, please these are my friends too," cries Tempus, rushing forward into the room to interpose himself between the charmed crowman and his party. "I need your help my good friend, navigating through this prison. Will you aid me?"

He will encourage the crowman he charmed to the back of the chamber and away from all the others.

"What's your name again my good friend? My memory is not what it once was?"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion starts to spin again, but catches herself as she sees the foes are all frozen.
Do we finish 'em off?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#593 Post by enn.in.me »

thought I posted but don't see it..

Yenny casts CLW on Galan (please roll), encourages party to "finish 'em" and picks up her light and dark baubles.

I'm on the road this week; I'll post as I can.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#594 Post by Zhym »

Angus is the one in green with the bow? The crowman turning to run is next to Angus? Assuming so:

Angus slashes the running crowman from behind.

"Y'all might want leave at least one o' them stuck blackbirds alive." he says. "We'll have us a bit of a talk. Hell, leave 'em all alive. Better odds we'll get one that feels chatty that way."

Initiative: [1d6] = 3
Leddilir v. evil humanoid (THAC0 17): [1d20] = 20 [1d8+6] = 1+6 = 7/[1d12+6] = 1+6 = 7 (SM/L), Crit: [1d100] = 92
Last edited by Zhym on Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#596 Post by CAI4 »

"Oh no you don't" scolds Chet as he aims a flurry of kicks and punches at the fleeing crowman.

Init [1d6]: 2
To hit [1d20]: 5
Crit [1d100]: 82
To hit [1d20]: 4
Crit [1d100]: 38

:(

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by AleBelly »

Angus hacks down the crowman as he tries to flee as Chet flails around.

Tempus pleads with the crowman to stay his hand, but the masked man is too quick

Rufus [1d6] = 3 init Tempus [1d6] = 4 init crowman [1d6] = 5 init

He stabs at the half-elf and draws more blood!

Crowman attacks Rufus [1d20] = 18 crit [1d100] = 35 dmg [1d6] = 3

Rufus' wounds are now quite severe.

Tempus runs between the crowman and the others in his party. "Stop, please these are my friends too!"

The masked face looks down at the halfling. "Wha', you're friends with them? They killed my men!" he yells. He holds his short sword up defensively towards the others and leans down to whisper to the halfling. But his words amplify within in mask. "I'm Dog Mercury. Let's take their stuff" he says...a little too loudly.

Arnulf finishes binding Galan's wounds while Yenny administers a spell of healing. She encourages the others to kill off the paralyzed crowmen as she gets up to retrieve her implements of dark and light.

Arnulf bind wounds [1d4] = 1

The mage's ineptitude with his healing kits continues.

Yenny CLW on Galan [1d8] = 4

The gnome seems to be much better off now.

The party is able to look about the room now. There are several doors and corridors heading in many directions. Other objects of note are in the room. A ribbon of dust forms a nearly complete pentagram. It slowly traces its shape over and over, the head never quite catching the tail. There is a small table nearby. On it sits a sheet of paper with ink on it; a glass jar sits on top of it.

Actions? Three crowmen remain paralyzed. Tempus isn't sure whether the charm will hold if the party kills them.

Map - the party is in the room with the pentagram and in Chronia's room to the north (which is the door to the left of the pentagram)

052417.png
052417.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 511 times
Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 20:26
Conditions: 54F, calm, room dark and damp
Known Spells in Effect: Yenny under some sort of hunger enchantment, Hyde sticky but mobile, three crowmen paralyzed until 20:30, one crowman possibly charmed
Light bearers: Lamps in rooms - Angus' lantern has 3.5 hours worth of oil left in it but is unlit. Chet torch until 21:23
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: Chet, Yenny moderately wounded; Sagthistle slightly wounded; Angus, Arnulf, Galan lightly wounded; Rufus heavily wounded

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#598 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus encourages Dog to come with him into the next room. "I need to speak with you in private, where the others can't overhear!" he says secretly.

If the crowman is willing the halfling will lead him off into the room we just came from and through into the one beyond.

"My name is Tempus, it's sure good to meet you Dog Mercury! We are searching for Azurpenia, do you know where she is located? This prison has us all turned about for sure. I bet you know your way about this place. How much bigger is it my friend?"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#599 Post by onlyme »

Wait, there is still one crowman fighting? I thought there were 5. 1 charmed, 3 frozen and 1 fleeing?
Which one is attacking Rufus? Dandelion would have attacked him without hesitating.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by AleBelly »

The one that was charmed attacked Rufus before Tempus could get to him. The crowman is only charmed by Tempus...he would still consider the others enemies.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”