Chapter 12 - Where da Lair?

AleBelly
enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 12 - Where da Lair?

#101 Post by enn.in.me »

"Not sure I'd be able to ask for that much money with a straight face. Seems like a bit of ego. Fun job though--having random folks come by and ask questions. Wonder how often he gets busted up for telling make-believe."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Zhym »

"Still, I reckon it might could be worth stopping by again tomorrow, just to see if he's as high-larious when he's sober."

Any thoughts on how we want to distribute the shinies?

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny happy to take some her share in gems if that works out, but isn't picky about what. She has a couple hundred GP cash for making change as necessary.

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by CAI4 »

Chet scrunches up his face, mimicking Albin. "Well, I can tell you that orcs and goblins are monsters...that's I have for today. And if you want to, you can kiss some girls with me!" The celibate monk is clearly offended by the wise man's behavior. "What a waste of 100 gold pieces. I'm not sure a guy that young will understand things about these monsters that come around and terrorize citizens and farmers."

Regarding splitting the gems, the monk is puzzled. "That math's too hard for me. You guys split it up and let me know."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Zhym »

Angus gives the red fire opal an appreciative look. "Red," he says, a faraway look in his eyes. He puts 180 gold worth of coins in a bag and walks over to Yenny.

"Say, would you do me a small favor?" he asks in a quiet voice, holding out the bag and leaning over in hopes that most of the party won't hear. "I reckon some folks in this town need this money more than me, and I got a fair idea who. But if I take the money there myself, the proprietress of this particular establishment might get herself a notion that the donation's meant more to impress than to help, and I ain't fair certain she'd be wrong. So if you could take this and say it's an anonymous donation, I'd be much obliged."

I'll go back over the money people said they had and see if I can come up with a decent gem distribution plan. AleBelly, can we get face value for a gem in gold, or only a percentage?

Edit: changed the amount of money to donate based on the updated loot distribution.
Last edited by Zhym on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by tkrexx »

Before:

Hyde grins big when Angus bestows the new potion to him, and explains, in terms he can understand, precisely what the draft does. In turn he offers the potion from "Levi's Station" to Galan. I was tolt it may help make me sneakia, yeahh.

Present:

"Expert on Orcs and Goblins??" The short Half-Orc extends his palm to the closed door and looks at his tribe, eyes wide and incredulous. I AM Half-Orc, what more expert could he be? His hand curls into a fist the size of a ham. Angus, how 'bout I break his face, just a time or two, maybe he won't be so pretty, hah? Maybe not so expensive, too. Until this point, his large eyes had continued to dance among the inhabitants of the Sambord fort.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by AleBelly »

Yes, posted values are what the party will get for the gems.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#108 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny smiles warmly. "I'd be more than happy to do this--anonymity is going to be difficult though. I'm sure everybody knows we're all in a group together. I could probably say it's from the group if you like. Or I could say it came from somebody back home. That might work. Where is this certain place?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Zhym »

"Huh," says Angus. "Ain't thought of that. You're right. I reckon there ain't a way to make the gift truly anonymous, not and have someone we trust deliver it. Do what you think works best. The money's for Leylana's work helping the former orc slaves."

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by enn.in.me »

With a wink, Yenny says, "Sure hate for her to think you were an admirer of hers. I'll do what I can."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Keehnelf »

Sagthistle, happy with her earnings for such light work so far, looks for someone who can sell her heavier armor than what she currently wears.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny - "Sagthistle--might I accompany you? My armor has gotten a bit banged up and I think I too might be ready to get something a little sturdier. I'll probably have to order it through. So difficult to find armor in my size and I hate wearing children's armor--it's usually a little too lightweight for real use."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by AleBelly »

The party splits their gems and gold please mark your sheets, and head to the tavern to toast Ilfrien. Remembering that she killed two Sambords, they do so quietly. Judging from the aloofness of the other patrons, the Sambords haven't forgotten this.

On the morning of 16 Culling, Ilfrien and Yenny go in search of better armor. The smith digs around in his considerable collection, and is able to locate a few small-sized suits of armor. They are dusty and sport a spot of rust or two, but are completely functional. The dwarf and gnome learn that only humans live within the fort. Go ahead and outfit yourselves with new armor. You can sell current suits for half price. Let me know your gp deduction and new armor please.

Yenny also heads off to deliver Angus' gold to the lovely repatriator of the slaves.

The rest of the group revisits Albin. He greets them cordially, and he explains that though he specializes in giantfolk, humanoids and to some degree animals, he is capable of researching any question. But his price is firm.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion upon hearing of the possibility in new armor, decides to check out what options may be available to her.

Afterall, though she wouldnt admit it to anyone, her current used suit was several years' ago model, but yet not old enough to enjoy the "vintage" appeal.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny walks up to Angus (at some ill-defined point in time) and gives him a hip-crushing hug. "She is doing such wonderful thing and was so overwhelmed with your donation. The people are doing so well and I think they will make it." When she releases Angus, Yenny wipes a few tears from her glistening eyes. She has a big smile on her face.

Overnight, Yenny cleans up her new plate so that it matches her other shinies.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Zhym »

Angus blushes and smiles warmly. "Just trying to do some good is all," he protests mildly.

At some different time:

"I reckon we don't quite understand each other," he tells Albin. "We ain't got any particular questions to research at the moment. But it ain't uncommon for us to come across weird and useful things, if only we know how to know them when we see them. So we thought we'd ask if there's anything what might be useful to you that we might keep a lookout for."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Keehnelf »

In preparation for departure, Sagthistle picks up a few items:

Banded mail armor (trade in her lamellar)
1 dozen iron spikes
4 days standard rations
3 candles
6 torches
2 small sacks
1 pint oil

99gp, 3sp, 7cp in total cost, and then 22gp, 5sp rebate for a total of 76gp, 8sp, 7cp paid out.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:
"I reckon we don't quite understand each other," he tells Albin. "We ain't got any particular questions to research at the moment. But it ain't uncommon for us to come across weird and useful things, if only we know how to know them when we see them. So we thought we'd ask if there's anything what might be useful to you that we might keep a lookout for."
Albin smiles, looking at Chet. "The study of subhuman races has always interested me" he begins quickly, the tips of his ears turning red. He is doing a poor job of hiding his enthusiasm. "Two of your party have ventured to Azurpenia's prison. I didn't believe it existed! Information of any strange races, and their artifacts, would add greatly to the knowledge of our tribe."

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by enn.in.me »

If the guy doesn't even have a hangover, he obviously has some knowledge worth paying good money for.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”