OOC IV

AleBelly
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC IV

#161 Post by AleBelly »

Facial hair optional - I finally shaved mine.

And I laughed out loud when I read this:
Jernau35 wrote:"Er...why is the bird that eats dead things following us?" asks Rufus. "Do you think it knows something in here is about to be dead?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by AleBelly »

Will update tonight. Going forward I will try to keep gaps between updates to two days or less. I had been giving everyone a chance to chime in, but things are dragging out too much...

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#163 Post by enn.in.me »

Do you prefer, when we are just going along, that we chime in with something inane, as I normally do, or just wait for the next update, as I've been doing recently? We're in a tricky place where every detail matters, but for a lot of us there isn't much we need to do while waiting for doors to be listened to and table legs to be checked.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by AleBelly »

A quick post is helpful, even if it isn't packed with action. That way I know I'm not moving things forward too quickly (although admittedly as a player I don't always practice what I preach).

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#165 Post by enn.in.me »

Deal!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:Hey folks - this is a sandbox...if you don't like this place you can always try to leave!
To be honest, I'm a little concerned that we may lose Zorroroaster's and Keehnelf's characters the next time we reach something resembling civilization (Sambord, most likely). If we lose our only MU, we're going to have problems.

I also suspect that the puzzle prison is slowing the pace of play. I don't know about anyone else, but I get extra cautious when every new room screams, "Trap!" Especially when there's writing no one can read.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Storm11 »

I am ok with it. It's slower because we have such a huge group and have to wait for everyone to post, and often most won't have much to say or contribute until the "scouts" check the place over for safety. The gnomes have the ability to note shifting or sliding walls and floors and ceilings etc along with slopes and direction below ground and something else I can't recall. Thieves of course can try and find traps etc. In a place like this it's just wise to make those calls if we wanna survive.
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by AleBelly »

To be fair, I've been slow in posting too. Trying to free up more time to move the game along.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by tkrexx »

I'm quite certain there is a purpose for the team being in this place, I just haven't figured it out yet. It's a stumper!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:
AleBelly wrote:Hey folks - this is a sandbox...if you don't like this place you can always try to leave!
To be honest, I'm a little concerned that we may lose Zorroroaster's and Keehnelf's characters the next time we reach something resembling civilization (Sambord, most likely). If we lose our only MU, we're going to have problems.
Yes, it would weaken the party to lose a magic user of Arnulf's caliber. Hopefully things in RL will be tamed and he can return to the boards.

I usually pick up one or two new players when I post in the LFP forum. So, the party can post in the Sambord fort (or another civilized place) for a specific skill set and that will become the recruiting post in the LFP forum.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Zhym »

Yeah, I really hope Zorroroaster returns soon. The game just isn't the same without him.

Plus, a 1st-level MU wouldn't be much of a substitute. ;)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by AleBelly »

Agreed on both accounts!

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#173 Post by enn.in.me »

I think Yenny still has a bunch of trail rations, just nothing fresh.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by AleBelly »

Yes, I missed those.

I'm traveling with little free time. Hope to get a post in late tonight.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Jernau35 »

Rufus has a week of iron/trail rations also.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde has 9 days rations.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:"Very well. Cower in the corner. Just don't get in our way." Then, Tempus sees three robed figures stride into the main room, looking up at the arch. Galan will see three more enter the room from the north, making six robed men in total. Tempus believes he is unobserved, though it is difficult to tell given the masks. They seem preoccupied with the task at hand. The accented voice speaks through the mask again, slightly muffling it. "Alright, let's get this arch out of here and to the blue dragon lady. And make it quick 'afore this hunger eats out our insides!"

The other robed figures assemble near the two bases of the arch at either side of the room and attempt to lift it from the ground.
Oh, right. We aren't the only ones interested in what's here.

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#178 Post by CAI4 »

My mom and I are going on vacation without our annoying dad. We'll be back in early April. Please PC Chet as necessary.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Storm11 »

:lol:
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by AleBelly »

Stomach flu making the rounds here. I hope to post tomorrow.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”