OOC IV

AleBelly
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC IV

#441 Post by AleBelly »

Bluehorse wrote:Kablambicus

The young...ish.... wizard is in a panic but laughs mockingly through teeth clenched in pain. He grabs one of the boxes of shrooms and attempts to knock them over on G7. "Hungry, you indignantable troglodyte?!"

what would you like me to roll for that, AB?

He looks up at Sophomore. "Don't just flutter about! Gouge their eyes out or something you glorified mousetrap!"
Bluehorse,

The mushroom planters are bolted into the wall. It is possible to bring them down, but would require a prodigious amount of strength (a successful bend bars roll). Feel free to modify your action if you don't want to do this. If you do want to attempt this, please give a d100. Thanks!

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#442 Post by scottjen »

Whew, that was great. I was a little nervous if the sleep spell would work, and it ended up taking out a bunch. Even though it did, I was still thinking we were in trouble. Yay, morale failure!
Kudos to AleBelly for running a fun game!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by AleBelly »

scottjen wrote:Whew, that was great. I was a little nervous if the sleep spell would work, and it ended up taking out a bunch. Even though it did, I was still thinking we were in trouble. Yay, morale failure!
Kudos to AleBelly for running a fun game!
You guys came up with a good plan! The morale roll was pretty lucky, but you took a lot of them out so it's completely reasonable that they'd retreat.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:I was rather hoping that Angus's woodsman/nature boy training would give him better insight into mushrooms than someone would get by looking at them on tables at Alleborg. :D But the result seems to be about the same.

Angus harvests some mushrooms. He wasn't kidding about wanting a nice mushroom stew. He also culls the screaming mushrooms mercilessly.
I could go full nerd on you regarding mushrooms. :) But basically the ones he would see as a woodsman aren't these type at all. Now if they were chanterelles, boletas, or parasol mushrooms, well, then the ranger would be set!

But these are your boring grocery store white buttons

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Zhym »

That's fine. Mostly I'm just thinking a ranger would be able to recognize poisonous mushrooms. I'm not expecting him to know all about exotic or psychedelic shrooms. Although, hey, there's a lot we don't know about Angus yet. ;)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by tkrexx »

I always preferred morels, the yellows rather than the greys. We hunt them every year. Egg, cracker-crumb, fry and enjoy. Next day scoots may occur.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by AleBelly »

Morels aren't too easy to find in my neck of the woods. We have some downed tulip poplars in the woods behind my house, so it's pretty easy to find oyster mushrooms each fall. Break out the Korean recipes and off we go!

I don't trust myself on identifying other types.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#450 Post by scottjen »

Guys, I've only got 1 day of rations. If we sleep another day, then head back to the hole the following day, I'm going to run out.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus has enough to share.
Greys Campaign.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#452 Post by Tamerlaine »

Eh, I'll just come out and say it plain. I've got a procedure first thing Monday, a hard calcium blockage. Stent won't do it where it is located so they are going to have to drill it out. All goes well, I'll be back with you guys in a few days.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#453 Post by enn.in.me »

Good luck. Hope all goes smoothly!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by onlyme »

Hope it goes well. Good luck.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#455 Post by scottjen »

Storm11 wrote:Tempus has enough to share.
In that case, I'm up for going back in after rest & re-memorization.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by AleBelly »

Tamerlaine wrote:Eh, I'll just come out and say it plain. I've got a procedure first thing Monday, a hard calcium blockage. Stent won't do it where it is located so they are going to have to drill it out. All goes well, I'll be back with you guys in a few days.
Best of luck with the procedure. Doesn't sound like fun.

I'll NPC Figgis unless you want me to return him to the surface.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by tkrexx »

Ah, the ol' arteriole root-canal, eh? Stents are over-rated, my friend. Good luck with your procedure. I look forward to you returning to Figgis the Foul-tempered.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by tkrexx »

It immits a noxious cloud of gas... much like Hyde after eating that chicken the other night.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#459 Post by scottjen »

Alebelly, are the supply shops in Alleborg open during daylight only or? (Thinking of rations, first aid kits)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#460 Post by AleBelly »

Yes, that's right. But Zo can make it to town and back easily from where he is currently during the day.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”