Chapter 9 - At the Sambords

AleBelly
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 9 - At the Sambords

#241 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Maybe just skirmishing, or harrying the Orc patrols to keep them away from the Fort. Or scouting. But yeah, they could have gone to No Go."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by onlyme »

DAndelion asks,

So, where should we go, then? It is rather cold, and the icy winds are not good for my complexion.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Marullus »

"Here. It is only an hour until dark. Mother will let is stay and we are off to the city in the morning."

We are back at he hobbits to get the treasure and stay the night. Let's divide it up and award XP and tuff for those that need to train. I'd like to talk to Castleman about the Sambords as the next big scene. (Supposing no encounters overnight.)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by AleBelly »

Zorroroaster wrote:"Maybe just skirmishing, or harrying the Orc patrols to keep them away from the Fort. Or scouting. But yeah, they could have gone to No Go."
Since they were heading west from the fort, it seems very unlikely they were heading to town no go. Hellebore, with her spell, has some more time to ask the raven questions if she wants...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Marullus »

AleBelly wrote:Since they were heading west from the fort, it seems very unlikely they were heading to town no go. Hellebore, with her spell, has some more time to ask the raven questions if she wants...
Did the four others have the yellow sash as Sambords?
Did Chet say anything about the job he had to do?
Were they on the trail or in the woods? (As we know the trail goes to the Orc city?)
Was there anything different about them?
Was the elf with them?

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#246 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny happy to spend night and then head to town via the farmhouse, or directly if we no longer feel the need to check on the farmhouse and its employee. Also interested in chatting with the Captain.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Marullus »

I thought maybe we go directly to Castleman together, (cash out with the gnome jeweler, deposit at the bank), then retire to the farmhouse, where we'd want to be to spend the night anyway. Those going elsewhere for training would peel off then as well.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#248 Post by enn.in.me »

Sounds good, except I think Yenny would rather spend the night at the temple than at the farmhouse. She could come out in the morning to help review the staff.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by AleBelly »

Marullus wrote:
AleBelly wrote:Since they were heading west from the fort, it seems very unlikely they were heading to town no go. Hellebore, with her spell, has some more time to ask the raven questions if she wants...
Did the four others have the yellow sash as Sambords?
Did Chet say anything about the job he had to do?
Were they on the trail or in the woods? (As we know the trail goes to the Orc city?)
Was there anything different about them?
Was the elf with them?
The raven answers questions as best as it is able. Hellebore is able to learn that:
The sashes were the green sashes of the Sambords.
Chet gave no details of what he was doing, other than a scouting mission.
The bird didn't think to ask.
The raven was able to spot them because they were walking along the old road.
The road was heading to where the sun sets (west). They did not seem to be in trouble.
Tempus was with them, but no elf.

The party spends the night at Hellebore's mother's. They all dig through their rations to supplement her meagre broth and enjoy a filling supper.

Please deduct a day's rations.

Lorilee, sensing a windfall from their adventure decides she will enter an early retirement. She plans to live with Hellebore's mother, but will accompany the group to town so she can get a share of her treasure before settling in.

The next day's travel to town is uneventful. Seeing the large loads on the mounts, the guards send for an assessor. He takes 7% of the gold and accompanies the gems and other items of treasure to the gnome.

Treasure the party returns with:

On mounts - 10,040 silver pieces (including what was recovered from orc corpses, 1000 gold pieces
With Galan - 9 gems and 6 pieces of jewelry and finement - estimated at several thousand gp value
With Yenny - Scuffed piece of lapis lazuli and an emerald worth several hundred gp (found with Khahl-Ehl and Chet still in party.

The assessor takes 703 silver and 70 gold, leaving them with:
9337 silver and 930 gold. The gnome assesses the eleven gems and jewels. Including appraisal fee, he will offer

5 gp for the lapis lazuli
375 gp for the emerald
5, 7 gp for pieces of blue quartz
25, 30 gp for some fair condition bloodstones
60, 75, 100 gp for three pieces of amber of varying quality
400 gp for a black pearl
700 gp for a fire opal
600 gp for a silver clasp
1200 gp for a jeweled golden orb
450 gp for a silver buckle
600 gp for a gold ring
750 gp for a gold necklace
375 gp for a dented gold chalice

The assessor, quick with math, offers to take the black pearl as tax, or 396 in gold.

To move this along, the total worth of the treasure (post-tax) is 7124.7. Eight of you (Lorilee, Arnulf, Angus, Hellebore, Dandelion, Galan, Hyde, Yenny) were involved with all of the treasure collection. Chet and Tempus were present for the emerald and lapis lazuli, though Tempus already took some gems and there was agreement that he was whole.

Even shares are just about 890.5 gp if not sharing emerald/LL with Chet, about 895.5 gp each if sharing proceeds of the emerald and LL with Chet (he'd basically get 40 gp). You're obviously free to split treasure any way you like, but I offer these numbers to speed things up. Also, Lorilee won't take kindly to being ripped off. Since she was present for the entire haul, she'll expect a full share to fund her retirement...

It's now 21 Hewing. xp awards, which are in the neighborhood of 1150 or so, will be updated tonight and tomorrow. Congrats!

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#250 Post by enn.in.me »

If no one objects, Yenny will take the silver buckle as part her share. Happy to share treasure evenly and offers to hold Chet's share at the church until he returns. Yenny would like to go to the temple tonight and then head out to the farm house tomorrow.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion awaits her share of the loot, thinking this gig pays better than most of her theater roles to date.

"Goodness, this will buy me some dancing lessons for sure. She twirls in excitement.

She will prefer easily liquidated funds. As to how to share, I dont know... Did the others find their own loot separately?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Zhym »

Rations deducted, XP added.

I can post in more detail when I get back home this afternoon, but please allocate 330 gold out of Angus's share to Arnulf as repayment for a training loan. He'll give half of the rest of his share to charity. He'd like the other half of what's left in gems or some other easily-transportable form (is there a platinum piece exchange rate?).

Also, how do we have more per share if we don't share the proceeds of the emerald with LL and Chet?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by onlyme »

oh yeah... trail ration deducted...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Marullus »

One ration deducted.

Hellebore urges fair shares. Setting aside 40gp with the bank for Chet, everyone gets 885.5. She encourages the others to agree to this and to gather at the cabin when ready next week.

Hellebore keeps enough to gift the druid enclave for her training (don't remember that math) and puts the rest in the bank.

Can we do a scene with Castleman and then break up?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Zhym »

Let's set a time and place to get back together. Who needs training and who doesn't? Angus is ready to head back out immediately FWIW.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore doesn't need training, but you can take it in advance. Thought I'd bank a few days if Hyde and Arnulf need time. Was waiting for the meeting with Castleman before deciding on heading out. She is angsty about Chet.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Zhym »

Angus already has his next level's training banked up, so I don't think he can train any more right now.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#258 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny will visit Castleman ( with Hellebore and whomever else), spend the night in prayer, visit the farmhouse and then spend a full day training. So she needs three nights including tonight before leaving. If there is a rush, she can skip the farmhouse and be ready the morning after the second night.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf needs no time for training. :( he's close, but not close enough! He does want to see Aphoz though. He'll take his cut + Angus loan payment.

1 day deducted.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by AleBelly »

It is possible to train ahead of time, your PC just won't level until the requisite xp are accumulated

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”