Chapter 9 - At the Sambords

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 9 - At the Sambords

#281 Post by Zhym »

"Hell, I'm proud of it," says Angus. "A man wants you dead bad enough to pay a fortune for it, you must be doing something right."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 9 - At the Sambords

#282 Post by AleBelly »

Sorry, missed this.
tkrexx wrote:We be proud, yeahh, Hyde finally speaks up. But someone ain't. You rememba when you told me you be worried about corruption at high levels here in Alleborg, hah? Now we be worried about that, too. Someone big in town don't like that we stomped them Goblins, someone big enough to put a bounty on us. I been told since that a fella could get rich by knockin' us off, yeahh. Can't say I be proud of that, no. Do you hear any chatta that way, Captain?
"It's always wise to ask who profits from situations such as these. But that doesn't help me here. I can't think of anyone that profits from you all being dead. So what is it? Jealousy? Perhaps. I don't know. The Council is known to suffer from infighting. Some are better than others. But if any of them were ever caught setting bounties, well..." he trails off. "It's been pretty quiet. I have a few men I trust, including Guffy, listening out for anything. No clues yet."

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”