Town Errands

AleBelly
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Errands

#61 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde will try to convert 180sp into gp. He's not picky about where, Guffy's will do. Plz advise of the exchange rate.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Zorroroaster »

As Arnulf is browsing the first aid kits, he notices something glinting at him suggestively from behind the counter. He runs over and bends across the counter to see it more closely. He's captivated by it's sleek, compact form, its supple and colourful feathers. It's the sexiest thing he's ever seen. He holds his hand to his waist to judge his size and stands there, thinking.

"Wow, that looks really sharp."

He motions impatiently to the proprietor, who is standing nearby with a bored expression on his face.

"That one there, the red one? I think it suits me. I'll take 20. Yeah. The dart, on the top shelf. They'll fit nicely in my satchel. What, did you think I meant the red dress? Pfft!"

Arnulf buys 20 darts for 4 gp, and 6 first aid kits for 30 gp. (He actually used 160 silver and 18 gold, in total.)
Last edited by Zorroroaster on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by AleBelly »

tkrexx wrote:Hyde will try to convert 180sp into gp. He's not picky about where, Guffy's will do. Plz advise of the exchange rate.
There is a bank where extra money can be stored. But if Hyde wants to exchange, he'll get 17 gold for 180 sp.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Zhym »

Also, as a reminder, coins are 50/lb in this game, not 10, so 180 sp only weighs 3.6 lbs, not 18.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by AleBelly »

Zorroroaster wrote:As Arnulf is browsing the first aid kits, he notices something glinting at him suggestively from behind the counter. He runs over and bends across the counter to see it more closely. He's captivated by it's sleek, compact form, its supple and colourful feathers. It's the sexiest thing he's ever seen. He holds his hand to his waist to judge his size and stands there, thinking.

"Wow, that looks really sharp."

He motions impatiently to the proprietor, who is standing nearby with a bored expression on his face.

"That one there, the red one? I think it suits me. I'll take 20. Yeah. The dart, on the top shelf. They'll fit nicely in my satchel. What, did you think I meant the red dress? Pfft!"

Arnulf buys 20 darts for 4 gp, and 6 first aid kits for 30 gp. (He actually used 160 silver and 18 gold, in total.)
"No, no!" laughs the proprietor. He pats his stomach and points at Arnulf's. "You need to lose a couple stone to fit in that sleek number. Don't hurt yourself with those darts, boy!"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf stops counting out silvers, his face reddening and his eyes bulging out a little. The left eyeball twitches a couple of times. "Are you saying I'm fat?"
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by AleBelly »

Realizing he may be losing a sale, the proprietor backpedals. "Wouldn't fit you right, 's all I'm saying. Careful out there, and keep the pointy part pointed away from you."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by tkrexx »

But if Hyde wants to exchange, he'll get 17 gold for 180 sp.
Converted, thanks.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Zorroroaster »

AleBelly wrote:Realizing he may be losing a sale, the proprietor backpedals. "Wouldn't fit you right, 's all I'm saying. Careful out there, and keep the pointy part pointed away from you."
"Yeah, well ok then."

Arnulf pays for his items and leaves, but not before giving the merchant the stink eye a couple of times for good measure.

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by CAI4 »

Chet buys two more days worth of trail rations.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny goes to see the Greek Fire dealer to see if there is any available yet.

She would like to buy an outfit suitable for the award ceremony--a black wool robe that covers her armor and allows her freedom of movement (if she runs across Dandelion, she asks her if whe would like to accompany her for the shopping expedition). Afterwards, she spends a few days embroidering the back of the robe with a tree using white and silver. The large root system is gnarled and twisted, while the tree grows symmetrically and true above the ground line. Three leaves spring forth from the branches.

She also spends some time repainting her shield. On a white background is a series of three interlocking gears. When looked at closely, it can be seen that the largest black one comprises bent and twisted tree roots. One of the others is golden and has sprockets that resemble the rays of the sun. The third is smooth around, but has internal workings and is painted in silver. It might remind a person of the moon. She will appear for the ceremony with the shield hanging on her back making a striking contrast with the robe.

If the tack from Eduard's horse survived the horse's demise, she will sell that as well.

She delivers arrows and money to Angus (and Hellebore?) during the inspection visit.

Need costs for robe, thread, paint (can Hellebore help with the paint?).

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Keehnelf »

Wait--Eduard's horse is dead? I thought Ilfrien was stabling it? Or did my memory fail me?

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by enn.in.me »

I had a horse with me, that I think was Eduard's, that died in the previous expedition to the goblin hoard. It could have been somebody else's beast that Yenny inherited. This time we didn't take horses.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by AleBelly »

Yeah, Applehead was wolf lunch. Ilfrien gave Yenny Applehead when she inherited Twilight Sparkle Gil from Eduard.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by onlyme »

enn.in.me wrote:
She would like to buy an outfit suitable for the award ceremony--a black wool robe that covers her armor and allows her freedom of movement (if she runs across Dandelion, she asks her if whe would like to accompany her for the shopping expedition).

Need costs for robe, thread, paint (can Hellebore help with the paint?).
Dandelion would love to help with any fashion advice.
For her own needs, Dandelion goes toward the armorer to look for a shiny new bow. She spent the last week practicing for the part of cupid and wants to have a functioning prop.
She also needs a ration or two.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by enn.in.me »

A gnome and a half-orc walk into a store....

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde will re-stock with 10 more torches, and make a order with a tailor for a large wool poncho with a hood, black in color with a gray "V" shaped patch on the chest area. It should be large enough to conceal anything he happens to be wearing beneath.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Keehnelf »

Ilfrien will do whatever work is needed, or retain whatever services required, to fix up her wolfskin mantle that was damaged during the goblin reverse-raid. She plans to be kitted out in full battle gear for her coronation--errr, recognition ceremony.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by AleBelly »

Yenny, Galan, Dandelion and Ilfrien go shopping. A strange assortment of races and temperaments; no passerby fails to give them a second glance.

On this cold, crowded day, Yenny finds she will get 5 gp for her slain horse's bridle, saddle and stirrups. Next step: the alchemist. He complains again of the gnome draining his stock, but he will deliver to the farmhouse right after the ceremony. Three jars of Greek Fire is all he has.

Then the fun part - shopping. They go high end, a clothing store on the town center. The elvish proprietor give Dandelion a look that leaves her feeling most unwelcome. She smiles and helps Ilfrien first. She makes a few quick adjustments for free, but because little damage was suffered this takes little time. Her errand completed, she waits impatiently for the others.

Yenny is fitted for a finely crafted black wool robe. Unlike the rough wool common in Alleborg, this is smooth and pleasurable to the touch. The robe will cost 4 gp, and the thread and paint are thrown in for free. "I cannot wait to see how splendid you will look in this!" exclaims the shop owner. Yenny, please deduct 35 gp total and add the Greek fire and robe to inventory. Sounds like an awesome shield!

Galan is fitted for a beautiful funky linen robe. The elf seems to know exactly what he wants. Pockets inside and out - the robe is adorned with moons of all phases and other, much more esoteric symbols. Please deduct 3 gp and add your fancy robe!

In a less savory part of town, Hyde picks up a wool poncho. The customization brings the total to 1 sp. He also picks up 10 torches. Please deduct 2 sp.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by AleBelly »

Oops, forgot Dandelion's bow. Normal charges apply for that. She'll probably want arrows too.

Hellebore, see 6c thread for your requests in a bit.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”