Town Errands

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Errands

#101 Post by Zhym »

Angus tries to keep his eyes in his sockets when he hears the sage's fee. "That much money would feed a lot of folks," he says quietly. "Man's got to make a living. But still..." Angus looks at the sage's finely embroidered robe. The sage clearly isn't starving.
AleBelly wrote:Angus and Yenny are disappointed to remember that they burned the bodies.
To the contrary, Angus is relieved that he doesn't have to decide whether to try smuggling a dead body into the city. "Can't help you there," he tells Targus. "We burned the bodies after we found 'em. Figured they'd been hanging long enough. Reckon if we want to know more we'll have to go looking for it ourselves. Sorry about that."

He turns to leave, but pauses. "We're out in the wilds most of the time. Is there anything we might keep an eye open for what'd be worth something to you if we brought it back?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by AleBelly »

"Books!" he replies almost immediately. Then he looks at the questionable content of those surrounding them. "Tomes" he corrects himself. "Anything beyond your comprehension that resides in a place of learning" he adds, perhaps a bit condescendingly. "I have a special interest in the magical and medicinal. And of things beyond our plane of existence, if you understand my meaning. We may be able to work out a mutually beneficial goods for services agreement" he smiles.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by enn.in.me »

"Sir it was a pleasure to meet with you, and I do hope some day to be well learned. There is so much knowledge that be gleaned, and so many places whence to gather it. If we find some good tomes, we'll definitely consider bringing you something. In the meantime, I guess you'll have to enjoy the books you have and we'll have to settle for bashing goblins." She finishes with a smile and a twinkle in her eye as she reaches up to shale the sage's hand.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by AleBelly »

"Well-learned. A lofty goal, servant of Veles. It is an elusive one too, for any knowledge I've gained is accompanied by a twofold increase in things I realize I don't know. But hte path towards enlightenment is grand nonetheless!" With that, Targus retreats back into the office of the library.

Angus and Yenny depart, stepping out into the cold. As they do, they notice the posted bills in the town square. Nothing really strikes them. Several call for farmhands to help with planting after the spring thaw, and another is an appeal from Adalbert himself (the high priest of Perun) to the followers of Perun to contribute to an aggressive fund drive.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Zhym »

Angus, not sure of his math skills, starts by restocking his rations and ammunition. He also pays in advance for two days of stabling, figuring on leaving town for the farmhouse after that.

4 days trail rations: 24 gp
2 days feed: 2s (puts both rations and feed at 10 days)
3 arrows: It's 2gp/12 arrows, so 5 silver for three?
2 days stabling: 2gp

26g 7s deducted, above supplies added.

That business taken care of, he visits the farmer's charity and the orphanage at the temple of Veles. To each he donates 90 gold pieces (180 gp deducted), apologizing that his latest forays have produced so little for him to give. He lingers a while at the orphanage, talking with the children, playing games, and catching up on their lives.

Eventually he tears himself away and meets with the others at the Six Steps.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#106 Post by enn.in.me »

Probably going to do a little shopping when I have time--oil and other small items. Also hoping for some training time at the temple. We are no longer paying for training?

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny buys 3 flasks Greek fire and 7 days of trail rations, dropping an amazing 78 GP. I hope this correct. I'll choose spells once we know where we are headed. Other than occasional meetings to discuss our next adventure, she will be at the church of Veles.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde will pick up another week of iron trail rations, then head to 6 Steps.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”