It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
tkrexx wrote:
Sneaky, stinky rodents! Hyde berates the beings as he slams down on the one which carved his leg.

Init: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

To hit: [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18

Dmg: [1d8+6] = 7+6 = 13

Crit: [1d100] = 100

Oh, goodness.


Crit hit! roll a d100 if you like


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Midwest
[1d100] = 19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2762
Galan hacks at the beast on him

[1d20] = 8 to hit [1d6] = 1 damage [1d100] = 25 crit

poorly

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm
Posts: 313
Figgis curses the party's luck and with short sword and dagger in hand, lashes out at G2 with grim determination.

initiative: [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5

Short sword to hit: [1d20] = 20 Damage: [1d6] = 1 Critical: [1d100] = 96

dagger To Ht: [1d20] = 1 Damage: [1d4] = 2 Critical: [1d100] = 38


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
...and immediately the entire party is drawn into battle. And the nature of their foe becomes more apparent. They are horrible. Nasty, matted black hair sits atop gaunt, grey faces. Their eyes are completely white, as if the irises had been plucked from their eyeballs.

They make little noise as they fight, seeming to smell the air and listen. Carefully. And their moves are quick.

But they are no match for Hyde and Dandelion. The two half-orc fighters cut down their foes in savage fashion. Hyde's crit hit yielded him another 1d8 of damage.

Angus and Yenny are stalemated against their opponents. Feints and thrusts lead to frustration, but they also parry their foes' attacks.

Amazingly, Kablamicus is able to trigger his shield spell while fending off an attack. His second foe's stone hand axe is turned away by his force field. Sophomore hoots excitedly high above the fray.

Galan stabs at his foe with his short sword, but the greyskin dodges and sinks its primitive weapon into the gnome's shoulder! Galan is moderately wounded, bleeding from his wound.

Greyskin attacks Galan [1d20] = 19, [1d100] = 56, [1d6] = 4 -4 hp!

Figgis manages to nick his opponent with his short sword, but this seems only to enrage it...and let it know exactly where the dwarf is. Despite the nimble moves of the dwarf, he still suffers a savage strike with the hand-held axe. He seems unlikely to be able to weather another attack, bleeding profusely from his neck!

Greyskin attacks Figgis [1d20] = 20, [1d100] = 37, [1d6] = 5 -5 hp!

Actions? Each battle is an individual melee, so Hyde and Dandelion can choose who they attack next. All are 1v1 battles, except Kamblamicus, who faces two of these ugly bastards.

Attachment:
021118.png
021118.png [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 75 times ]


Date: 29 Culling, Year 44
Time: 6:25
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: Kablamicus Shield through 6:45
Light bearers: Yenny's bracelet, Angus' bullseye lantern through 10:15, Hyde's torch through 7:15
Injuries: Hyde lightly wounded; Galan, Kablamicus moderately wounded; Figgis critically wounded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15183
Angus strikes again at his grey opponent.

Leddilir v. evil humanoid (THAC0 17): [1d20] = 12 [1d8+6] = 5+6 = 11/[1d12+6] = 5+6 = 11 (SM/L), Crit: [1d100] = 84


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2180
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Kablambicus

The young...ish.... wizard is in a panic but laughs mockingly through teeth clenched in pain. He grabs one of the boxes of shrooms and attempts to knock them over on G7. "Hungry, you indignantable troglodyte?!"

what would you like me to roll for that, AB?

He looks up at Sophomore. "Don't just flutter about! Gouge their eyes out or something you glorified mousetrap!"

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm
Posts: 313
Figgis will attempt to get away and hide.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1228
Yenny continues to flail ineffectually against her opponent. "Ya little bugger. Get off me!"

Initiative [1d6] = 4, flail [1d20] = 7, damage [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, crit [1d100] = 62


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6111
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Dandelion skewers G8 with a mediocre but effective twist.
Trident [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14; dam S-M [1d6+6] = 6+6 = 12; crit [1d100] = 6; init [1d6] = 1
(Thac0 17)

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Midwest
Hyde moves to the next creature, G7, hoping to wipe it out quickly.

Init: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2

To Hit: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19

Dmg: [1d8+6] = 3+6 = 9

Crit: [1d100] = 12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2762
Galan hacks again.

[1d20] = 3 to hit [1d6] = 6 damage [1d100] = 59 crit

poorly again

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
The battle begins to take shape. Angus is struck with a stone axe, bruising him under his armor -3 hp. But the ranger gives more than he gets, slaying the foul creature with a slash of his elven sword.

Sophomore, responding to his companion’s plea, flutters down off the top shelf at one of Kablamicus’ attackers.

Image

The owl does no damage, and is unable to prevent the creature from opening another wound on poor Kablamicus with its crude axe -3 hp. Dandelion repays this offense by skewering it to death with her magical trident. Kablamicus’ magical shield fends off another stone axe. Hyde slashes the wielder’s thick hide savagely with his sword. Blood splatters on the floor but the foe weakly remains upright. Kablamicus tries to bring down a planter box upon him, but the bolts in the wall hold true.

Figgis, caught in the middle and badly wounded, backs away towards Hyde and Dandelion, hoping for some protection. The dwarf is able to fend off another savage attack.

Galan and his foe dance around each other – neither is able to wound the other.

Yenny flails about with her, uh, flail. But she cannot connect the business end of her weapon with grey skin. She endures a minor wound that will scarcely trouble the hale gnome. -1 hp.

The grunting nightmen are primitive, and do not show advanced signs of intelligence. Yet even they can sense fate is not on their side in this battle. Half of their number are dead, and another is heavily wounded. G3 pulls a silvery coin from its purse and motions with it to the high planter box on the east wall whine-grunting repeatedly. The others begin to back into the nearest corner...

Attachment:
021318.png
021318.png [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 41 times ]


Actions?

Date: 29 Culling, Year 44
Time: 6:26
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: Kablamicus Shield through 6:45
Light bearers: Yenny's bracelet, Angus' bullseye lantern through 10:15, Hyde's torch through 7:15
Injuries: Yenny, Angus barely wounded; Hyde lightly wounded; Galan, Kablamicus moderately wounded; Figgis critically wounded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1228
If Yenny's target seems to moving away, she will do the same, and head towards Figgis to heal him. If necessary, she will do a fighting retreat and heal him next round. "Figgis--it doesn't look good. I thought you planned to keep yourself out of trouble!"

Initiative [1d6] = 1
Cure light wounds [1d8] = 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6111
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Dandelion continues her slicing.
Trident [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23; dam S-M [1d6+6] = 1+6 = 7; crit [1d100] = 94; init [1d6] = 2

And again, (if any are left) without nearly the same results.
Trident [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9; dam S-M [1d6+6] = 3+6 = 9; crit [1d100] = 100; init [1d6] = 4

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Midwest
Hyde continues to rain havoc on the little beasts.

Init: [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

To hit: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19

Dmg: [1d8+6] = 2+6 = 8

Crit: [1d100] = 79


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15183
Angus holds. He's not keen on killing critters that seem to be asking for mercy, even if they are evil. He stands guard over Yenny as she ministers to Figgis, attacking only in defense.

Leddilir v. evil humanoid (THAC0 17): [1d20] = 17 [1d8+6] = 6+6 = 12/[1d12+6] = 6+6 = 12 (SM/L), Crit: [1d100] = 29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2180
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Kablamicus

Cries out through gritted teeth as he is bloodied yet again through his shield. He staggered back a little and focuses on his attacker releasing a barrage of magical pulses into his tormentor. Magic Missile

Magic Missile [1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2 [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8184
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hyde moves swiftly, ending the life of another greyskin with a powerful slash of his blade.

The other (G5) tries to retreat but sees Dandelion attack. The quick grey humanoid gets in the first blow, a slice with the hand axe that the half-orc warrior beauty queen barely feels. -3 hp. She skewers it with her trident, lifting the creature three feet off the ground. It still lives - for a few seconds. Behind her, she hears Kablamicus' words:

AETHER SAGGITTUS!

Bolts fly from the mage's fingers and end the life of G5.

Angus guards Yenny as she moves towards Figgis, who is hiding under one of the planting boxes. She lays hands upon the dwarf, and invokes the power of Veles to close his wound. It closes up more than halfway...though the wound still seeps.

G2 and G3, having been shown mercy, turn and flee through the western passageway. They are quite swift; none save Kablamicus could possibly catch them.

Sophomore (Kablamicus' bosom buddy) is back at its perch on the top shelf 9 feet off the ground, hooting at Kablamicus to get his attention and alternating by pulling at something out of view of the others.

Bluehorse please see private forum

Six of the greyskins lie dead and two others have fled to the west. It is quiet again, but it still smells terrible.

Date: 29 Culling, Year 44
Time: 6:28
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: Kablamicus Shield through 6:45
Light bearers: Yenny's bracelet, Angus' bullseye lantern through 10:15, Hyde's torch through 7:15
Injuries: Yenny, Angus, Dandelion barely wounded; Hyde lightly wounded; Galan, Kablamicus, Figgis moderately wounded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 2180
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Kablamicus

Groans a little and slouches, taking a few deep breaths. He looks up at the owl with furrowed brows. "Can't you see that I am hurt? I don't care abo.... oh... you don't say...?" He straightens a little and walks over to the shelf and seeing the height, looks around for something he can stand on. "I need a boost..."

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group