It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1195
If Figgis gives word that it’s clear, Yenny lets out the light and follows the gang.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 402
Chet takes his spetum in both hands, and prepares to venture into the next room. He expects battle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
"I got me a bad feeling about this," says Angus. He waits for the scouting report.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
Hyde awaits the command, and he'll moved forward, ready to take the first hit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Figgis scouts ahead again. As Yenny shines her light in, he sees that the room is indeed bare. Inspection of the floor reveals faint, faded bloodstains. There also appear, at regular intervals, sets of holes in the ground. After some thought, the best estimate is that several large tables were once anchored to the floor in this room. But aside from the faint stains, nothing else in the room is remarkable - upon first glance. A single, simple wooden door stands closed in the north end of the room.

Actions?

Attachment:
120417.png
120417.png [ 567.54 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]


Date: 25 Culling, Year 44
Time: 07:47
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Yenny's light
Intended Direction of Travel: --
Injury Status: Galan lightly wounded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Kablambicus

hmmm..
Sophomore? Do your keen eyes notice anything in here that perhpse we do not?

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm
Posts: 256
Figgis will carefully enter the room, checking for traps. Then the dwarf will check the walls for secret doors before approaching the door to the north.

(and he will check the ceiling as well...)

OOC: Sorry for my absence, my ill health interfered again.

_________________
My humble blog: https://thegelatinouscube.net


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Galan helps look as well, moving along the wall opposite Figgis

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1195
Yenny wanders back to the open door leading to the stalactite room and listed carefully for one of the other doors to open. Her light is mostly shining within the skeleton room.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hope you're feeling better, Tamerlaine

Figgis and Galan make their way, carefully and methodically, along the walls searching for secret doors. Much of the party stands at the ready, watching them ply their craft. The contrast in methods employed by gnome and dwarf is striking, though each effective. The dwarf relies on his feel of hands over stone and careful inspection for gaps. The gnome relies on tapping, looking for structural anomalies.

DM rolls a bunch of dice

Sophomore gives Kablamicus an incredulous look, but complies with his master's request. He flaps around the room, looking to see if others have missed anything else in the darkness. Figgis and Galan have checked half the room for secret doors, now at opposite corners. The owl, satisfied nothing is being missed, flies to the door and listens.

DM rolls more dice

The keen-eared avian creature hears nothing on the other end.

Yenny watches the stalactite room for movement of any of the other doors. She observes nothing.

Finally, Galan and Figgis meet at the northern door. The 30 minutes they have spent looking for doors has seemed an eternity in this silent environment. The party is well satisfied that no secret doors or other items lie in the room.

Actions?

Date: 25 Culling, Year 44
Time: 08:02
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Yenny's light
Intended Direction of Travel: --
Injury Status: Galan lightly wounded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
Hyde grumbles something unintelligible and glances to Angus, waiting for the Ranger's go-ahead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 am
Posts: 1195
Back o’ the line, ready to roll.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Kablambicus

Takes out a treat of some sort, looking like a not quite cured piece of jerky nugget. He hands it up to Sophomore with a nod. "Well done." he will resume his place in the marching order and keep his eyes open for things of interest. He makes particular mental note of the stalagtite creatures and the fine skeletal specimens to report back to the guild.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Once they get to the door, Galan offers. "I'll check the door." He looks around the frame for holes hiding stuff, and the floor for pressure plates before turning his attention to the handle itself.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5830
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Dandelion stands ready. She grabs her trident as the others explore.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 402
Chet continues his vigilant watch. He still holds his spetum.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
The short folk test the area around the door carefully, pushing on it slightly, examining the edge of the door for traps...

DM rolls dice

...they find nothing amiss.

The door stands silently in front of them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 3389
Location: Midwest
So far, so good, Hyde's gravelly voice can be heard at a low level.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 402
Chet decides to kick in the door.

[1d6] = 2


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Chet, perhaps growing impatient, runs at the door as soon as Galan declares it clear. He delivers a strong kick to the middle of it, and with a *boom* it flies open. It yields to the monk's mighty foot, but would it have yielded to the turn of a knob just as easily? The party may never know.

Regardless, the now-open archway reveals what lies beyond. A corridor continues several feet ahead, where it yields to stairs heading down into the darkness, out of the range of light. A corridor also branches off the right and heads northward.

Actions?

Map:

Attachment:
120717.png
120717.png [ 691.64 KiB | Viewed 3 times ]


Date: 25 Culling, Year 44
Time: 07:52
Conditions: 44F, damp
Known Spells in Effect: None
Light bearers: Yenny's light
Intended Direction of Travel: --
Injury Status: Galan lightly wounded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group