Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

#601 Post by Zhym »

Yeah—we all just stood around while the "charmed" crowman tried to kill Rufus? It seems unlikely we'd all just let that happen. Heck, I couldn't even tell if he was really charmed.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#602 Post by enn.in.me »

Traveling--carry on. Out of healing as well.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#603 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:Yeah—we all just stood around while the "charmed" crowman tried to kill Rufus? It seems unlikely we'd all just let that happen. Heck, I couldn't even tell if he was really charmed.
Angus really wouldn't have been able to tell, given the circumstances. I did give an indication of what he might do when he asked Tempus to help him kill the half-elf (Rufus).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#604 Post by Zhym »

Yeah, Angus was pretty busy. How far away is he now from being able to do something about Tempus's crowman "friend?"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#605 Post by AleBelly »

Tempus is trying to get him away from the others; they are moving north towards the door. The able-bodied crowman is holding his sword defensively, which makes continued conflict less likely - but certainly not out of the question. Angus could easily reach him during the coming round.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#606 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde grumbles loudly when Tempus jumps between him and a law-breaking Thief, but he knows enough to trust the Halfling's wit in these matters... Plus, the attacks have stopped. Whatever enchantment his tribe's Druid weaves, it seems to be working. He also keeps his sword in a ready position; if the Crow-man makes any attempt to harm Tempus, the Half-Orc will sunder him.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#607 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion has her trident ready to skewer one of the frozen birds, if they so much as move.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#608 Post by Zhym »

Angus waits to see if the crowman follows Tempus out of the room. If he does, Angus starts tying up the held crowmen. If he atracks, Angus fights him.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#609 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny- "We've only a few minutes before my spell wears off. Kill them or tie them up quickly."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#610 Post by Zhym »

Roll if the charmed crowman makes any hostile moves (if, for example, Yenny says what she says before the crowman is out of the room):

Leddilir v. evil humanoid (THAC0 17): [1d20] = 15 [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10/[1d12+6] = 8+6 = 14 (SM/L), Crit: [1d100] = 47

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#611 Post by AleBelly »

NPCs:

Sagthistle:

Sagthistle waits to see if Tempus' new friend is a geniune one. If so, she will wait until they are in the other room and kill one of the immobilized crowmen.

Rufus:

Rufus looks over his many wounds and to the surprise of some in the party, begins chanting magical words as if to heal them.

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#612 Post by CAI4 »

Chet waits until Tempus goes into the other room, then slashes at an immobilized crowman with his spetum - 18 hp of damage.

"Man if we come across powerful people one day, we could turn out like these crowmen!"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#613 Post by Zhym »

"Dead?" deadpans Angus.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#614 Post by AleBelly »

Tempus quickly leads his new crowman pal back to Chronia's room where Clarence waits patiently. Sagthistle and Chet dispatch two of the frozen crowmen, while Angus uses his rope to bind the third. Eight crowmen lie dead...the charred flesh and hair of one fills the room with an unpleasant smell. The battle over, the party hears Chronia's mournful playing of gold pipes coming from her room.

Arnulf and the others leave Chronia's room so Tempus can carry out interrogation without distractions. "Wow" says Arnulf, surveying the carnage.

Rufus drops his sword and channels the power of Veles to heal his wounds:

Rufus CLW [1d8] = 3

"I get to shiv that bastard when it's time" he says gruffly, his head motioning towards the charmed crowman. Hyde seems willing to do the job too.

Tempus will discuss the prison with Dog Mercury in Chronia's room. Actions?

Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 20:27
Conditions: 54F, calm, room dark and damp
Known Spells in Effect: Yenny under some sort of hunger enchantment, one crowman tied up and frozen until 20:30
Light bearers: Lamps in rooms - Angus' lantern has 3.5 hours worth of oil left in it but is unlit. Chet torch until 21:23
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: Chet, Yenny, Rufus moderately wounded; Sagthistle slightly wounded; Angus, Arnulf, Galan lightly wounded;

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#615 Post by Zhym »

"Dang near forget we had them things," says Angus when he sees Rufus bind his wounds. He follows suit with one of his own kits.

First aid: [1d4] = 1

"Now I know why I forgot," he says.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#616 Post by tkrexx »

Knowing all the Crow-men in the vicinity are neutralized, Hyde focuses on the room where the enemy led Yenny. He will be the first to charge if the Priestess calls out.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#617 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny inspects the paper and ink. If it makes sense, she will look through the glass of water at the writing to see if it makes any fun messages appear. She avoids the dust-snake-pentagram. Did the crow people avoid it also, or were they all over it?

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#618 Post by CAI4 »

Chet stands guard with his spetum in case anything tries to attack.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#619 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion will look for anything fashionable in the room, hoping to find a nice feathery boa or jewels.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#620 Post by AleBelly »

Hyde creeps close to the door, ready to come to Tempus' aid if necessary. He hears hushed conversation, but no cries for help from the halfling druid. The half-orc realizes that Clarence would likely not allow any hostile behavior towards Tempus anyhow.

Angus ineffectively binds his wounds, gaining a small bit of healing from the process.

Yenny walks over to inspect the writing, pondering the pentagrammic tracing on the floor. Did the crowmen avoid it? Perhaps. They certainly stayed to the south and east of it. She looks at the table. The paper is folded with a glass jar (empty) sitting on top of it. To read the writing the gnome will need to open it.

Sagthistle and Rufus inspect the bodies of the fallen, including the bound crowmen. They find 282 gold pieces, a 5 pound bag of flour and a day's fresh rations. Scattered near the fallen are a couple of bows and their short swords.

The rest stand guard, waiting for the next offering of this unusual place.

Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 20:28
Conditions: 54F, calm, room dark and damp
Known Spells in Effect: Yenny under some sort of hunger enchantment, one crowman tied up and frozen until 20:30
Light bearers: Lamps in rooms - Angus' lantern has 3.5 hours worth of oil left in it but is unlit. Chet torch until 21:23
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: Chet, Yenny, Rufus moderately wounded; Sagthistle slightly wounded; Angus, Arnulf, Galan lightly wounded;

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”