Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 13 - Azurpenia's Prison

#381 Post by Zhym »

Angus shakes his head. "We got us plenty of trouble already in this place without rustling up more of it. Leave the scavenger woman be."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion nods.
Let her be, for now.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by AleBelly »

The party watches, on guard, as this strange creature/jewelry probes first around the chameleon woman slain by Angus. It does not seem to find what it is looking for, and flits over to the other body. There it finds exposed, cracked bone. The creature forces its proboscis into the exposed area and begins to feed.

Chet suggests trying to capture it to appease the Blue Lady at the entrance of the maze, but Angus and Dandelion caution against it, not sure what the repercussions for such an action might be.

Actions?

Date: 16 Culling, Year 42
Time: 19:22
Conditions: 54F, calm, room dark and damp
Known Spells in Effect: Yenny under some sort of hunger enchantment
Light bearers: Lamps in rooms - Angus' lantern has 3.5 hours worth of oil left in it but is unlit.
Intended Direction of Travel:
Injury Status: Chet lightly wounded

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#384 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny nibbles a bit. "Shall we carry on?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde, still gaping at the flying ornament, is even more flabbergasted. Will ya look at that! It... She passed one ova in fava of bones pokin' out. The short Half-Orc is genuinely interested, and he looks to his Tribe. I know this probably be a dumb idea, but maybe if we open up that otha Lizard Girl, this Bumble-Bird will eat her bones too, hah? Maybe we have an ally then?

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#386 Post by CAI4 »

Chet shrugs, but agrees with Hyde's suggestion. "OK, but someone with other weapons should do it, not me."

He keeps watch in case anything else attacks.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#387 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny walks towards the other dead creature, her hammer in hand. She moves slowly around the feeding shiny thing, mumbling nothings in her native tongue. She raises her hammer above the bones, waiting to see if the shiny gives any indication of preference about whether she should smash, or if it even seems aware of her presence.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by tkrexx »

Ya want me to do it, hah? Hyde asks, his bulbous eyes still on the bumble-bird, I can open it up real quick-like, bones and all. Had lotsa practice with my axe, yeahh.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#390 Post by enn.in.me »

"I'm good", Yenny says softly in response to Hyde's outburst.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Zhym »

"Leave 'em be," says Angus. "Ain't no reason to give that critter a notion that fresh marrow might be tastier than what it's got now, is there?"

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#392 Post by enn.in.me »

"It seems to know that. Maybe we can make it a friend."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by AleBelly »

Yenny strides over to the chameleon sorceress' body. Its lone wound is Angus' arrow, snapped in two. Visual inspection confirms no marrow is exposed. The gnomish devotee of Veles raises her mace, looking for a reaction from the jeweled hummingbird. It certainly seems aware of the party, rotating about the body it's feeding on to keep an eye on all adventurers, but it offers no sign of understanding what Yenny is trying to accomplish. But then again, how would anyone know? The juxtaposition of the beautifully crafted...thing...and a bloody charred corpse is striking.

Tempus observes the creature, concluding that it is not of the natural world. At least not the one he is from.

Hyde offers to break open the sorceress' bones with his great strength and steel, but Angus cautions against such an action.

Time: 19:23
Light bearers: Lamps in rooms - Angus' lantern has 3.5 hours worth of oil left in it but is unlit.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#394 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny hits an arm bone of the other creature in an attempt to break it open and then backs away towards the party.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Storm11 »

The halfling Druid shakes his dreadlocks sadly and shivers, moving away from the strange blood sucker bird like creature and looks for a way forward.

"More chameleon women I see. Bad news. I would leave that thing be if I were you, it isn't if the natural world. It will no doubt just as soon such on one of our bones as the inhabitants of this prison. Is there anything of value upon the bodies Yenny? We should be going soon!" he says sadly, exploring the tunnel/doors leading off this place.
Greys Campaign.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#396 Post by enn.in.me »

Pretty sure others already searched the bodies."

"Although this creature may be unnatural, I see nothing unnatural in scavenging the remains of a creature. And at the moment, I can't bear to think of any creature going hungry. Such a miserable, mind-warping feeling. If there was less hunger, there would be less violence." Yenny pulls another small snack from a pocket.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by Jernau35 »

"Maybe between animals," says Rufus. "People have never needed much of an excuse to fight."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by AleBelly »

Yenny takes a quick nibble of food and bludgeons the dead chameleon sorceress' arm. On her third blow, the sickening thud is accompanied by a wet crack...the splitting of bone.

The sound gains the attention of the jeweled bird. It jerks its head toward the sound of the bone snapping, but it continues to feed where it is. Hyde cuts open the arm to expose the cracked bone.

Rufus compares animal instinct to those of men...the men are painted in an unflattering light.

Tempus laments the appearance of more lizard women, and expresses a desire to move onwards. But which direction?

Time: 19:24

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus will listen at the door below the one with the descending stair behind it on the right wall. If he can hear nothing untoward he will open it.
Greys Campaign.

CAI4
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#400 Post by CAI4 »

Chet will follow Tempus through the door and check the floor beyond for traps.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”