Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Buryl slides off his horse and digs in his pack for a charcoal pencil and a scrap of parchment. He begins to scribble a drawing of Fanjyr out as it looked when he passed through.

I ain't no artist by any stretch but this should give ya an idea of what it looks like now. It was a pretty simple layout but all that's left standing now is the walls and towers.

If you're going in there be careful. I don't know what actually happened but, whatever it was weren't natural if ya get my meaning.

Sorry for the amateur drawing. You are approaching from the south. (bottom)
image.jpg
image.jpg (533.5 KiB) Viewed 1705 times

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez having realized he is not very quiet at all. Steps forth to greet Buryl. "Aye Buryl. Good ta see something on this pass that is not as of yet tryin ta kill us. Wolves were good ta us we left em alone and they let us pass. Best be wise to do the same ur self. As fer the flyin' things they didn't look nothin like our friend Chewy here. Beware at least one of em still lives and may be in the skies further down the path." the dwarf offers his hand out in a greeting handshake.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Dram »

Xano- Also steps out of the shadows and makes her presence known to Buryl. Hello Buryl I am glad to make a friendly acquaintance. My name is Xanophia. I was listening to your story about the outpost. You did not see any survivors or tracks leading away the area. Do you have any family or friends that live near or at the outpost? That we can check on to see if they are safe.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Storm11 »

Halo tries to get a look at the drawing. up here, where would they go? Into the mountain perhaps. Or taken prisoner, if there are no bodies .... his face darkens at the thought of slavery.

How far away is this place did you say good chap?
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

The monk listens to Buryl's tale with a frown. It appears the evil is spreading more rapidly than we thought. We will need to investigate and see if we can find any survivors of the fire that need our assistance.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by greyarea »

Trotter nods his head at the monk's words. Agreed, we need to investigate this. Let us make haste.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas, "Finally there is a sense of urgency! Let us be off, there is evil that needs purging!" He begins to walk before the top of his pack explodes open briefly, a metallic figure shooting out into the sky.

Tweety, "Ya slack jawed #$(%$ keeping me penned up like some kind of !@#) you fetish wearing @#$!^ monkey #$#@ @#$) eating #$%@!@#"

Thomas elicits a pained groan, "I hate that thing..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Buryl

Like I said, I didn't see anyone, but I didn't stick around to investigate either. I just let myself in the north gate and right back out through the southern one. Could be that they have a safe place to hole up together somewhere, but I don't know of it myself. I hope that's the case anyway.

I think I'll be heading on my way if'n you don't mind. I wanna get off this here mountain sooner than later, all things considered. I think you could make Fanjyr before dark today, if your not held up by something else.

The party agrees that they need to get to Fanjyr quickly to search for survivors or clues to what has happened there. They wish Buryl well as he quickly moves on down the road.

The afternoon of rapid travel finds the weather getting a bit colder and the winds picking up, but is otherwise uneventful. Late in the afternoon you see what looks like the southern gatehouse up ahead in the distance. You can discern small wisps of smoke rising up from behind the wall but from your current position you can see no other sign of life. please see bottom of sketch for current position

Morgi takes to the air again and notices that the smoke seems to be coming from the burned out buildings Buryl mentioned. Part of the buildings roofs are burned away, but he swears that he could partially see large humanoid figures sitting around through some of the burned out rafters.

Anyone like to take a closer look? :twisted:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas approaches the bottom gatehouse, walking through it and into the town. His mace and shield at the ready as he scans the inside for anything.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thomas takes the lead and marches right up to the gates, undaunted. The gates are closed at the moment and he can't see anything inside the settlement yet. He does notice however, out of the corner of his eye, a slight movement through the 2nd floor window of the tower as he is about to swing open the gates.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will go with the fire priest.
Greys Campaign.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas continues to open the gate and enter, signaling subtly to Halo about the presence in the 2nd floor window, hoping he gets his meaning.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Storm11 »

The paladin nods gently and expands his senses, casting about within the upper level for any evil presence lingering there in.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

At the gate, Thomas can see that the doors are made of heavy oak reinforced with iron bands. They seem to be ajar slightly, like they are barred with something too small to secure them properly.

He thinks that a good push might just do the trick to get them open fairly easily.

Halo begins to concentrate his senses on the movement in the tower.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez follows the others crossbow back out and ready. But he remains in the rear of the march still.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#16 Post by Scott308 »

The monk will ready his crossbow and keep a wary eye for danger.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

EDIT: for Dram

Xano will move silently into the shadows once inside the gate. She will look for any movement other than in the window.

Move Silently roll
Move Silently no armor 85% needed Elven Chain 75%[1d100] = 34

Hide in shadows
Hide in Shadows no armor 76% needed, Elven Chain 66%[1d100] = 46[/quote]

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#18 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

As soon as Wyntar watches the others walk thru the front gate without any hesitation, he begins spell casting then disappears.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Thomas continues to open the gate and enter, signaling subtly to Halo about the presence in the 2nd floor window, hoping he gets his meaning.
OGRE MAGE wrote:At the gate, Thomas can see that the doors are made of heavy oak reinforced with iron bands. They seem to be ajar slightly, like they are barred with something too small to secure them properly.

He thinks that a good push might just do the trick to get them open fairly easily.

Can I assume that the headstrong Thomas will still psst, ahh, ssss, push it? Push it real good?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

OGRE MAGE wrote:At the gate, Thomas can see that the doors are made of heavy oak reinforced with iron bands. They seem to be ajar slightly, like they are barred with something too small to secure them properly.

Thomas looks at the gate, he wonders if he companions have his back with the movement in the tower but decides to put faith in them. With a powerful grunt he gives the gate a powerful kick to open it fully.

Any rolls associated? He would rather kick it then push in in case any traps decides to spring in that entrance area.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”