OOC Chat IV

Keehnelf
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat IV

#201 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Zhym wrote:...Lug might have made it back in time to fight (and get himself a nice meaningless title)...
I joined the West Marches with Garrett Harth, a wood-cutting cleric just before the battle. Technically he was there for the battle (leading an infantry unit) and should have received a title or whatnot. But he was really just a rough draft of Clay Weatherwax, so it is probably best if he died with the masses. Besides, I sort of erased his character sheet when trying to archive it. I still have the stats available on the US.net, but not his equipment list.

If there is room for another character though, I would still love to get in on this but not with Garrett unless i could change him a bit. At least his religion, though I would prefer to change the class/race.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Keehnelf »

Hm, I had forgotten that we had a character waiting in the wings... Yeah, go ahead and reroll since we never used him and submit the info to me as normal, and we can bring the new character in as though it had arrived in town on the 19th, in time to get in on the next wave of adventures.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#203 Post by KingOfCowards »

Is there any place in town that would offer loans to the recently destitute ?
It sounds like something that would be up Melvin's line of work, but he's off with the demon.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Keehnelf »

The Assessor might be willing to entertain short-term loans if collateral were provided.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Keehnelf »

KingOfCowards wrote:
Marullus wrote: He nods as Bertram whispers, responding in equally low tones.
"Trustworthy? More honest than even the stars. He lacks the wisdom to understand guile, let alone attempt it. His quest showed his deep loyalty to his friends, even at the expense of himself... commendable. However, we couldn't discern if he was beguiled magically or simply by poor judgement when we encountered a now-slain enchanter. Like a strong-willed child, he benefits from firm parenting." He smiles.
Bertram stands up from the table. Not fully grasping what just took place, but he looks into Niles' eyes. "Remember what you told me about Lug? I think you and Varas may have both underestimated his capacity for guile..."
He heads out the door, his hopes for a search party dashed for the moment.
I have to admit to being really intrigued by this turn of events!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Zhym »

Keehnelf wrote:Lug is seen hurriedly departing the Wooden Keep, alone and agitated, just before the wizard Nihilius enters in the company of Sir Galen. While they are inside, Varas Varkain reappears, moving casually across the square toward the tavern once more.
This is starting to sound like a French farce. :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Keehnelf »

I was thinking much the same thing :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Zhym »

I wonder if it will be more or less so when new expeditions are able to leave.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Keehnelf »

I think by that time things will have shaken out into a reasonable order.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Zhym »

I suppose we are in a bit of an "Oh boy, it's back!" frenzy right now. :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Keehnelf »

And with almost everyone in town, there are a whole lot more options for who-goes-with-whom right now than usual. I think with a bit more shuffling, we'll find a new equilibrium (for now) that gets us a handful of expeditions going in varying directions and newly-mixed casts of characters. I'm actually quite curious how this will all go but I have confidence that it will work out to something interesting by the time departure day arrives.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Zhym »

True. Multiple characters per PC will dictate some of that. And then there are the PCs that are waiting in the wings, available for expeditions but not in the tavern action yet. Like Ulf, who I imagine is off helping with reconstruction right now instead of sitting around in a tavern, but could go on an expedition when they form up enough to be worthy of the name.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:Lug is seen hurriedly departing the Wooden Keep, alone and agitated, just before the wizard Nihilius enters in the company of Sir Galen. While they are inside, Varas Varkain reappears, moving casually across the square toward the tavern once more.
Those watching from the outside see Varas stop at the entrance of the tavern, gather himself, and pull the hood of his cloak down low over his head. He enters...
Well. That's not ominous at all.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by Keehnelf »

Just a heads-up:

I'm in all-day job interviews tomorrow and Tuesday, so my only update times will be lunchtime and my morning and evening commutes, up until my evening time when most of you will be asleep.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Keehnelf »

For anyone not tuning in to the Demonic Release Party expedition, things are hitting a dramatic high note at the entrance to the Thrice-Locked Chamber--well worth checking out :D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Marullus »

. I don't think I have to tell what a bad idea it is to upset your boss when he's the god of death.'
ROFL. :)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Starbeard »

Marullus wrote:
. I don't think I have to tell what a bad idea it is to upset your boss when he's the god of death.'
ROFL. :)
Haha, that sums up Seadu. Unlucky in life, unlucky with the afterlife. He's like the Woody Allen of clerics.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Where will I find house rules concerning starting up a character? Are there extra spells for higher intelligence for an elf?

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#219 Post by Spartakos »

Keehnelf wrote:For anyone not tuning in to the Demonic Release Party expedition, things are hitting a dramatic high note at the entrance to the Thrice-Locked Chamber--well worth checking out :D
Very interesting...but also confirming Galen was right not to go along. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Zhym »

Y'know, the last time this game hit a major milestone, Keehnelf gave everyone healing potions. :P

Does the gnome project (which, holy industrialization! If only the black wolf druid were still around, he might have a just cause now to take down Vaul) mean the armorer can no longer work steel? He used to be able to forge plate armor given time. Or would the gnomes' industrial forge just allow forging what can be forged now but without a wait? I guess I'm not clear on what each level would enable vs. what the armorer can do now.

And are there any incentives for donating? If not, the gnomes need some work on their Kickstarter skills!

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”