....first!

:roll:

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Chat IV

#3 Post by Mister-Kent »

RIP Numen :cry:
I was seriously torn to see that unfold, but Ruwyn didn't really have a clear bead on the situation, so she wouldn't know to trust Numen.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Spartakos »

Hell, Rhodri thought he knew Numen pretty well, but he'd probably have killed him too. (though I guess that's not saying much, considering)

Gotta give the whole outfit there at the tower a round of applause. I wouldn't have expected such a nice emotional drama to come out of a PvP decision to shank an elf. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

I don't think anyone in that group other than Lug actually knew Numen, which I suppose makes it hard for anyone to know whether to trust him or not.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Marullus »

Nope. I tried to find what could be known IC and all the rest of us knew was some version of, "He got possessed, turned evil, and ran into the wilderness." :-/ So, for Niles, he was an evil arch-bad guy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zhym »

I'm not even sure anyone knew that much. IIRC, the last anyone saw of Numen was when he left on the expedition to the Finger with Lug. Lug was the only one to make it back from that expedition by the time his current rescue team set out. So anything the group knew about turned-evil Numen had to be from Lug, or from anything Numen did before he set out on Lug's mission. And I don't remember anything really evil from Numen before he, Lug, Orrin, and the others set out for the Finger—if there had been, Orrin, Lug, and the others probably would have been more reticent to have him along.

The possession (if there was one) definitely happened after Lug's current group had already set out, though. I don't think anyone with Lug right now would know about that.

Speaking of Numen being possessed: I was expecting to see someone else become Heir to the Wolf or whatever it was. Not that I *want* it to happen, mind. I'm more worried that it's happened and we don't know it yet.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Keehnelf »

1. Nobody knew about the incident under the mountain until after this group left Vaul.

2. It's kind of spooky knowing OOC that something really, really bad might have happened but you have no reason IC to even suspect, nor clues about how it might have turned out, huh? MUAHAHAHAHAHA. Ahem. I'll just excuse myself now.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zhym »

Let the paranoid finger pointing start in 3, 2, 1, ...

Okay, I'll go first: Varas is possessed! Where else would a spirit go when its host is killed but the one who killed it? Or, better yet, the spirit jumped to Varas and that's why he killed Numen! It all makes sense now!

Best possible target: Dog. Just imagine, Dog as Heir to the Wolf. Woof!

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Could be hiding in Lug, hence why his charm does not seem to be dispelled.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Zhym »

Or maybe killing the charmer doesn't break the charm! Or maybe Lug's not charmed at all, and he really did see Numen as a long lost buddy! It's not like he has that many friends left alive, you know.

All kinds of possibilities here, and our characters can't act on any of 'em. Keehnelf, you're a bad, bad man. :twisted:

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Keehnelf »

I don't make this stuff happen deliberately, you know! I didn't force anyone to kill Numen, after all...nor did I force Numen to go swearing to become the Heir of the Wolf all of his own free will, either :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Zhym »

Oh, sure, now you try to convince us that no one was actually possessed!

Man, I played far too many games of Mafia.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Keehnelf »

Did I say no one was possessed? I don't think that's what I said. Nope, not at all.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by KingOfCowards »

Marullus wrote: April 19th - Duke announced that he expected a pending military assault. Asks for donations and sends for mercenaries.
April 27th - Val's group returns with the bound hobgoblin and gnoll and turns them over to the Duke. Galen, Betram, and Ulf are there by-name. (Val, Niles, and others join this group from that one.) The hobgoblin spills the beans about the army-on-the-march that afternoon.
April 28th - This group sets out under Lug's leadership.
April 30th - The Bromric/Visitor group sets out, also to the Finger.
May 2nd - The Finger blew up.
(Assault on the town happens, date not yet known.)
May 12th - Our current date on this thread.
I don't remember Val's group returning with captives, I believe they returned with an injured horse and the festering corpse of Olympia. The date also looks wrong, because Val's expedition to the elves ended around April 15th. I think Val's expedition is being confused with the Bertram expedition. Val and Niles have never, as far as I know, traveled with Bertram nor Galen. Not so sure about Ulf, who has adventured with a couple different groups now.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

KingOfCowards wrote:I don't remember Val's group returning with captives, I believe they returned with an injured horse and the festering corpse of Olympia. The date also looks wrong, because Val's expedition to the elves ended around April 15th. I think Val's expedition is being confused with the Bertram expedition. Val and Niles have never, as far as I know, traveled with Bertram nor Galen. Not so sure about Ulf, who has adventured with a couple different groups now.
You are completely correct. My apologies! As I said, hard to keep straight, which is why I wanted to research to figure it out.

So, the prisoners were interrogated the afternoon before this group left, but the groups had no people in common. Thus, much simpler for us to assume nobody in Lug's group knew about the pronouncement of ambiguous pending attack by the Duke but not the "arrive in 1 to 2 weeks" warning. Numen's statement about the attack being in progress coupled with the smoke rising from the south allows judgements in the present. :) Sound good? I'll revise to operate on this.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Keehnelf »

Sounds good! Confusion all around (including mine).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

I think everyone's possessed. Except Marge. Marge is okay.

Still not sure about Dog, though.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Keehnelf »

Yeah, this has proved to be a surprisingly dynamic end to this already action-packed adventure...I have no idea how this whole thing will shake out, which is kind of exciting, because in some aspects there is a lot at stake.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Zhym »

Would Numen have come out to play if Lug hadn't punched Wendall, or would Numen have just hid upstairs until the unwelcome visitors had left?

In other words, how much of this whole drama is the fault of Lug having no impulse control? :D

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”