Loot and Treasure 2

Keehnelf
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Loot and Treasure 2

#1 Post by Keehnelf »

Divvy up your spoils in this thread.

Make sure to include a date and location for where the divvying takes place.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Loot and Treasure 2

#2 Post by Zhym »

Gruuk-darak takes the dwarven ring. He distributes the gems as rewards for capturing the new slaves...

...oh, you said "[our] spoils." Sorry. :D

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Keehnelf »

I like it :)

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Spartakos »

Does the common room of Ghrym's work for everybody, for just counting some coins? No special treasure to share.
I'm willing to split the loot 3 ways with Kennit and Orrin; we were all there for the killing, but none of us actually struck a blow against him. Share and share alike seemed the way to go. Sound fair?

829 gp and 6 sp divided 3 ways is 276 gp each, with 1g6s left over, which I propose be spent on roast goose and ale.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by KingOfCowards »

That's a decent hall for an otherwise failed adventure. Kennit toasts to making it back alive. He then has to find that brigand-of-a-singer and question why no one has heard of his song, yet.
276 gp added

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Spartakos »

While we're at it, Rhodri will offer Orrin his dwarven shortsword or his trusty old longsword, if the dwarf would like either one (or both), seeing as he's going to need to re-equip himself. "I've rather taken a liking to this goblin blade I picked up; it's a decent bit of metal. And I doubt that gouger of a smith will give me any kind of reasonable trade value for them."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin grips Rhodri's arm in thanks.

"I appreciate being cut in on the loot, lads. Gods know I'm going to need to outfit myself all over again. I wasn't about to raise a stink with the Duke and ruin your payday, neither. That's for another time. Can I give you a few coins for that short sword? I think it'll do me nicely for now."

276 gp added.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Spartakos »

Zorroroaster wrote:Can I give you a few coins for that short sword? I think it'll do me nicely for now."
Rhodri makes a dismissive flick of his hand. "Just take it. Man's going to make his living around here, better have a killing tool about him. Seeing as you've just lost everything you owned in the world, I can spare you a blade."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin doesn't let go of Rhodri's arm.

"You have shown me great kindness. I will return the favour some day."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Spartakos »

Rhodri makes a pained expression. "Let's not get all sentimental. If you owe me anything, you owe me a fifth-share of two thousand gold in dwarvish jewelry. Pay me that back someday. Leave it to me in your will, at least."

"We done here?"
Clearly wanting the conversation to be over, he will shout to Ghrym to bring over another round of ale, and mutter dolefully about the lack of mead.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Marullus »

Looted: 14,982xp
487 gold pieces
112 platinum pieces
5 longbows
2 suits splint mail (Seadu and Bromric have: Bromric's suit needs adjustment)
1 suit damaged splint mail
1 suit chainmail
1 suit studded leather
2 sturdy shortswords
1 shield
1 mace (Seadu)
small silver skull pin (25gp value)
7 square cut emeralds and diamonds (100gp value each - 700gp total)
1 pair of badly damaged magic boots
A gem-encrusted ornate short sword (125gp value)
A +1 shield (Bromric)
1 Platinum tankard (100gp value)
A clenched-fist +1 broadsword of uncanny momentum (Bertram)
A silver coffer (75gp value)
A broken crossbow bolt (Mokatah)
A bone scroll case with Cleric Spells (Light, Detect Magic, Speak With Animals x2, Striking) (Krysta)
12 small gems (25gp value each - 300gp total)
A diamond the size of a child's fist (1,000gp value)
A platinum holy symbol in the shape of a hammer crossed by two thunderbolts
A lightning-charged +2 throwing hammer (Ulf)
A small glass vial full of a congealed green substance
A long, narrow-bladed +1 dagger with a greenish cast (Constance)
A thick gold ring with elvish writing that exudes a peaceful aura
A lightweight dragon's-maw full helm (Mokatah)
A serrated +2 long sword with issues (Bromric, sort of)
A steel scroll case with a dwarven map
A pair of thick ornate gem-studded metal bracers
A +1 shield with a lion's head relief (Martin)
A quick and lightweight +1 lance (Bertram)
A chunk of divinely-crafted amber (Martin)
Split:
487 gold pieces
112 platinum pieces

Sell and split:
5 longbows
1 suit damaged splint mail
1 suit chainmail
1 suit studded leather
2 sturdy shortswords
1 shield
small silver skull pin (25gp value)
7 square cut emeralds and diamonds (100gp value each - 700gp total)
A gem-encrusted ornate short sword (125gp value)
1 Platinum tankard (100gp value)
A silver coffer (75gp value)
12 small gems (25gp value each - 300gp total)
A diamond the size of a child's fist (1,000gp value)
A platinum holy symbol in the shape of a hammer crossed by two thunderbolts
A steel scroll case with a dwarven map
A pair of thick ornate gem-studded metal bracers

Magic items:
1 pair of badly damaged magic boots
A thick gold ring with elvish writing that exudes a peaceful aura
A small glass vial full of a congealed green substance
W
Claimed by:
Galen -
NOTHING

Abi -
NOTHING

Martin -
A +1 shield with a lion's head relief (magic)
A chunk of divinely-crafted amber (magic)

Seadu -
suit of splint mail
1 mace

Bromric -
suit of splint mail
A +1 shield (magic)
A serrated +2 long sword with issues (Bromric, sort of)(magic)

Bertram -
A clenched-fist +1 broadsword of uncanny momentum (magic)
A quick and lightweight +1 lance (magic)

Mokatah -
A broken crossbow bolt
A lightweight dragon's-maw full helm (magic)

Krysta -
A bone scroll case with Cleric Spells (Light, Detect Magic, Speak With Animals x2, Striking) (magic)

Ulf -
A lightning-charged +2 throwing hammer (magic)

Constance -
A long, narrow-bladed +1 dagger with a greenish cast (magic)

Confirming:
- One of the clerics did cast detect magic and confirmed that all items not listed as magic are indeed non-magical, right?
- Does anyone want to claim any of the unclaimed items?
- What is the with the peaceful-aura ring?
Last edited by Marullus on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Keehnelf »

The ring, amber, helm, and vial of congealed liquid are all magical in addition to the various weapons and armor previously identified. And note that the +X indicator does not mean that they don't also have other properties.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Marullus »

Edited to account for magic.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Mister-Kent »

Constance would like to put in for one of the unclaimed magic items, after Abi and Galen have decided what they want.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Spartakos »

1.) I could have sworn the bracers were also magical.
2.) I wasn't aware we were allowing mid-adventure claims on loot to stand...I'm fine with people using stuff as we pick it up, but don't believe that should give 'dibs' on keeping that item permanently. I'm for throwing all this magic gear in a pile, dicing for turns, and going round and taking turns picking.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Zhym »

Greetings from Niagara Falls!

A couple of quick suggestions if I may:

1. Let's tally up the value of all non-magical items. If there are any useful items people want instead of selling them, include those items as part of the "cash" portion of their shares.

2. Although there's much to be said for the "throw it on the pile and draft" method, I do believe there should be some benefit to being the first to risk using an item. Bertram has a "visitor" sharing his skull because he started using a sword. Cursed items do exist. There should be a benefit to risking those consequences, even if that benefit isn't full dibs.

Full disclosure: Ulf Stronghammer really likes that hammer he tried, even though I know lots of clerics would probably like it too. :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Keehnelf »

I apologize if I muddied the waters too much--I was just trying to account for where I understood the items to currently be, not that there was necessarily a claim to any of them.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Keehnelf »

Spartakos wrote:1.) I could have sworn the bracers were also magical.
2.) I wasn't aware we were allowing mid-adventure claims on loot to stand...I'm fine with people using stuff as we pick it up, but don't believe that should give 'dibs' on keeping that item permanently. I'm for throwing all this magic gear in a pile, dicing for turns, and going round and taking turns picking.
The bracers are not magical--but after looking them over, they look designed such that if one were not wearing a shield, they could get the benefit of one (-1 AC bonus) by deflecting blows with these extraordinarily resilient items. The dwarves suggest that they are made of high-quality mithril alloy.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Spartakos »

Further input (sorry for length):

1.) Agreement on valuing and selling all non-magical loot, and allowing people to take items as a portion of their share (unless there are multiple people who want claims, in which case they can dice or bid for them). My attempt:
5 longbows (40 gpv each = 200 gpv, 50% for used = 100)
2 suits of splint (75 gpv each = 150, 50% for used = 75)
1 suit chainmail (70 gpv, 50% used = 35)
1 suit studded (30 gpv, 50% used = 15)
2 shortswords (7 gpv each = 14, 50% used = 7)
1 shield (10 gpv, 50% used = 5)
1 mace (5 gpv, 50% used = 2.5)
silver skull pin (25 gpv)
7 emeralds/diamonds (100 gpv each = 700)
gem-covered shortsword (125 gpv)
platinum tankard (100 gpv)
silver coffer (75 gpv)
broken crossbow bolt (???)
12 small gems (25 gpv each = 300)
huge diamond (1000 gpv)
platinum holy symbol (???)
steel map case and map (???)
gem-studded mithril bracers (???)

Not including questionable items, that's 2564.5 gpv in gear, jewels, and objet d'art. Add in 487 gp and 112 pp (value = 1120 gpv), that's a total of 4171.5 gpv in pure cash or equivalent value. Split 10 ways, that's 417 gpv for each of us.

Can we estimate a value for the holy symbol and bracers? I presume the value of the map and the broken bolt are hard to fix, but I would say both are above 0.
The duke might be interested in the map, but Galen would like a chance to copy it first.

2.) I suppose I can agree that being willing to test an item should give some sort of precedence...but I still have some concerns:
a.) I did not know this going in; I assumed (perhaps foolishly) that treasure would be divvied evenly or by lot at the end, as this was how loot was handled on most of my other outings. I suppose perhaps things like this should be discussed beforehand. :) Bertram (the party leader) did mention it, though:
1st dwarven expedition thread, pg. 18 wrote:We'll do an even split at the end of the adventure. Normally we pick lots, and if two or more want the same item we dice over it. So don't feel like you've missed out just yet.
b.) Had I known, Galen might well have been more forward in taking/testing items...the risk of a curse is pretty small, statistically speaking.
c.) On that note, I worry this could lead to 'grabbiness' when it comes to magic, which I prefer to avoid.
d.) Under no circumstances should anyone be allowed 2 items before everyone has had a choice of 1.

First and foremost...let's see what people are interested in. If 1 person wants something and nobody else does, there's no argument and that person gets it, no fuss no muss. The only need for dicing or dibs is if people disagree on distribution.

3.) I count 9 items that are likely of a permanent and useful nature; 3 items of a temporary or dubious nature; and the demon longsword. If we can test the boots and find that they still work (Galen is willing to do this test, if others agree), then they can be added to the first group.

A:
Dragon Shield +1
Broadsword +1 of Momentum
Thunder Hammer +2
Needle Dagger +1
Elvish Peace Ring
Dragon Helm
Lion Shield +1
Silver Lance +1
Holy Magic Amber Batman

B:
Vial of green goo
Scroll of Cleric spells
Damaged Briar Boots

C:
Demon Longsword +2

I really hope that the Briar Boots still work; that gives enough class-A items for everybody to get 1. In this case, I'd suggest let people pay part of their treasure share for the class-B items.
If they don't, then maybe we can combine the scroll and the goo as 1 share (of value only to a cleric, but still pretty nice, and there are 4 of us).
Are we willing to let not-Bromric walk around with that sword? And if so, does it count as Bromric's share? If both, that makes the divvy simpler in the event that the boots don't work.

Preliminary divvy, if people like the stuff they grabbed:
-Hammer for Ulf
-Dagger for Constance
-Lion Shield OR Amber for Martin
-Dragon Shield OR Demon Sword for Bromric
-Sword OR Lance for Bertram
-Dragon helm for Mokatah
-Ring and possibly Boots up for grabs
-Galen, Krysta, Seadu, and Abi need to pick

While I must admit the idea of Ulf having a badass hammer to match his name is an awesome one, Galen would like that hammer as well (not least because it keeps him and his 2 HP out of combat)...but he'd also like one of the shields, or the helm.

I'd suggest people list off the items they'd LIKE to get, in order of preference; we can maybe work some or all of this out just by compromising and being agreeable.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Keehnelf »

As a quick FYI - the amber was the direct result of Martin's actions in healing Constance and not necessarily something that was just found or looted while you were in the dungeon. I included it because it has value and represented an xp gain for the group but it seems unlikely that it would end up in anyone else's hands.

As for the two items whose value was requested: the holy symbol could probably fetch 60gp, and the bracers are of varying value. You could sell it based on ornamental or material value alone for 1,000gp, or try to find a collector of fine dwarven handicrafts and potentially get five times that sum.

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”