Memorials and Tributes

Keehnelf
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Memorials and Tributes

#41 Post by Starbeard »

With the battle supposedly looming around the corner, better make it inside.

That's 100gp + 48gp for 4 workers for 12 days + 50gp for extra land, totalling 198gp deducted from Seadu.
He's making the arrangements on 28 April, not sure how long it will take to get the materials and workers ready.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by KingOfCowards »

Keehnelf wrote:Since Seadu didn't travel with a digit, he won't get xp for memorializing him: therefore, my recommendation would be to use the cash to build out a structure connected to the memorial to get a Velesian House set up. Then at least you'll get benefit and still be doing something in this vein (not to deter you if you just want to make sure your brethren are remembered).
A. Monuments to Fallen Adventurers

Sometimes you want to do more than tell stories. Sometimes, you want everyone to know, even those that come long after you pass on, that there was a hero or heroine or trusted friend or ally, or vigilant protector, or wise wizard, or noble leader. You want their memory to live on.

When an adventurer has died or disappeared during an expedition, and news of it reaches town OR six months have passed since the adventurer disappeared (in the case of a whole group going lost in the wild with no survivors, for example), a PC who traveled at least once with the missing/lost PC may initiate a collection to establish a monument to the individual.

Any PC, while in town after the date that the monument fund collection begins, can donate up to 100gp in cash or other valuables to the fund per level of the lost character. Only one donation, at one time, may be made per character. Any number of PCs may contribute to the memorial fund.

The organizing PC can close the collection at any date in which they are in town, and construction of the monument will begin based on the money collected and the desires of the organizing PC (and local zoning laws). Once the monument has been constructed, the next PC created by the memorialized PC's player will gain starting XP based on the total value of the monument, on a one-to-one basis (so a 2,000gp monument would give their starting character 2,000xp to begin). At the same time, all PCs who donated to the fund will immediately receive XP equal to half of the cash or item value donated.
I read this as only a PC who adventured with the dead PC can start a memorial fund, but any number of PC's can contribute. It quite specifically points out in the last sentence that all PC's who donated to the fund will receive XP.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Keehnelf »

True enough: my initial intent was only PCs who knew the deceased, by I wrote it unclearly and this is also fine! Take your pick, seadu!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Starbeard »

That's good to know, but now that I've looked into the building I think I'll stick with that after all. He's gonna have to start investing in it sooner or later, anyway.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Marullus »

Bromric commissions an artist to make a life-size (10 feet long) statue of the basilisk. Fashioned from 800lbs of copper, it will age to a nice green patina and be installed in the square near Seadu's wood building to raise reputation of dwarven deeds at the Dwarvenheim. It's two front fangs are silver, but the other real teeth of the basilisk are installed in the statue for lifelike detail.

A plaque will say it was a beast found under the Finger of Doom in the ancient chambers of the Dwarven Kings of old, the story of Constance's sacrifice in being turned to stone, and it being slain in two blows by Bromric Gorak-Okri-Elgraz-Endrinkuli on that date.

(-200gp)

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”