Announcements:

Keehnelf
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Announcements:

#221 Post by Keehnelf »

Slooooow

Sorry things have slowed down a bit on my end--this is the week before classes and, in addition to having my mother-in-law staying with us, I'm also prepping four faculty retreats, two of which I need to be in attendance for. So: I'll likely have a slower pace ongoing for much of this week as a result, but I'll be posting as I can.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Keehnelf »

Just FYI, for my own sanity and for the sake of those who aren't obsessively following every expedition, I've started a wiki. There's no obligation to become a member, to do any editing, or even to read it--but it's available if it's the kind of thing you would be into using as either a reader or an editor. Any current player will be automatically approved. I realized I need a better way to catalog my own game into so I don't need to keep digging through my notes.

Thesprawlingestsandbox.wikidot.com

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#223 Post by KingOfCowards »

My apologies, but I will be traveling on business for the next couple of days. I will post when I can, but it will be irregular at best.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by KingOfCowards »

Traveling again for the whole week. Very irregular activity is to be expected. My apologies in advance.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Keehnelf »

I am making an adjustment to the costs for transcribing spells per the discussion in the OOC thread. The section being modified, quoted below, is from the relevant post in the "How This Works" thread. That post will be edited after I complete this post to contain the correct information.

Current Rules:
1. Transcribe from Another Spellbook

Spells written in another spellcaster's book are completely useless to you, until they have been transcribed into the magic-user's own magical idiom. To transcribe spells in this way, translating the necessary symbols and formulae into a new spellbook, requires one empty page (standard spellbooks have 25 pages and can be purchased to have up to 50), two days, and 50gp in materials per spell level. These days must be spent with uninterrupted access to the source text, and the end result is automatic success in transcribing the spell.

2. Transcribe from a Scroll

This process is identical to 1, above, except that instead of a spellbook, a scroll of the spell is needed. It takes the same amount of time and resources, and the scroll is consumed in the process of transcription.
New Rules (changes and additions in red):
1. Transcribe from Another Spellbook

Spells written in another spellcaster's book are completely useless to you, until they have been transcribed into the magic-user's own magical idiom. To transcribe spells in this way, translating the necessary symbols and formulae into a new spellbook, requires one empty page (standard spellbooks have 25 pages and can be purchased to have up to 50), one day, and 50gp in materials per spell level. These days must be spent with uninterrupted access to the source text, and the end result is automatic success in transcribing the spell. A spell of any level may be so transcribed, regardless of the magic-user's level, and this will preserve the source spellbook pages for another's use.

This process can be completed more quickly and cheaply, however. To transcribe any spell from one spellbook to another of a level the magic-user can cast requires one hour and 10gp in magical ink per spell level, but the source spellbook pages are destroyed in the process.

2. Transcribe from a Scroll

This process is identical to the standard option in 1, above, except that instead of a spellbook, a scroll of the spell is needed. It takes the same amount of time and resources, and the scroll is consumed in the process of transcription.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#226 Post by Scott308 »

I'm at Gamehole Con this weekend, and probably will not have time to get on the forum.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Keehnelf »

This announcement marks post 17,000 of our little game. To celebrate, the June 15 caravan will be arriving with a handful of extra treats for those who survive their current expeditions! Stay tuned, and thanks to everyone for the great fun!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Keehnelf »

Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope you and yours are safe and happy this season, and staying a little bit warm!

Return to “Labyrinth Lord West Marches Sandbox”