garage.jpg
garage.jpg (103.49 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Lester's Garage. (map in spoiler)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Garage

#2 Post by Bloodaxe »

The garage is pretty clean as garages go. There are tow garage doors /work bays currently holding a Ford Trailbazer and an old Honda Civic.
Parked out back is pretty new Ford F150.

The front of the garage has an office with a couch (full of dog hair) and several chairs. Also a coffee pot for customers.(but no coffee)

Steve finds a TV in the waiting room , and a radio in the back of the garage.

Chingy attempts to make friends with the Doberman " Blackie", but the dogs ears flatten and it growls menacingly.....so he decides no petting.

Tucker finds a crowbar, several tire irons and a large wrench.

The place looks secure. The doors are boarded up inside & out and it seems Lester has improvised a crossbar and a few door jams too.
The garage bay doors have two - foot long narrow windows to look out of, but they don't seem an issue.

You have about 4 or 5 days food and water(and coffee) with you from the Diner. You are all exhausted. This might be a good spot to rest and plan your next move.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester
Pacing about the garage

Seeing everyone checking out the garage, Lester continues "If and when we have to leave here, that Civic and Trailblazer are ready to go. I just tuned em' up, and they run nice. My truck is out back too, and there's the tow truck. The rest of the vehicles need work, and I wouldn't trust em."

"You all need to get some rest. Blackie and I will keep an eye out. You all get some shut-eye. Then let's figure out what to do. There's got to be someplace safe to go to."

Lester starts to walk toward the narrow windows to look out and he stops, scratches his chin and says "Say... any of you see those things out there doing anything odd? I mean odder than just tryin' to munch on people? When I was a' shootin' at those things, I'm telling you, one of em' turned and ran for cover or to hide. Don't' know which, but might peculiar."

As the others start to settle in, Lester goes over to Norm and gives him a bearhug and quietly says "I'm glad you made it here, son. I was awful worried about you. Keep close, and ol' Uncle Lester will make this all work out. You'll see."
OOC: Lester will happily watch while the others sleep, frequently going to the windows to peer out and keep an eye to see if the new arrivals had any followers. If there is any coffee, he'll make some.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Bloodaxe »

Lester does find a can of coffee. Its going on 7:30 pm, getting dark. The garage does have a generator and a 5 gallon can of gas.
All the windows are covered to block light and outside lights are off.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by badams30 »

Bloodaxe wrote:Lester does find a can of coffee. Its going on 7:30 pm, getting dark. The garage does have a generator and a 5 gallon can of gas.
QUESTION:
Has Lester been running the generator? If so, has this resulted in any attention from the dead guys? Has he just run it for short periods of time? I'd be inclined to keep it off, maybe use flashlights or something similar sparingly.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:
Bloodaxe wrote:Lester does find a can of coffee. Its going on 7:30 pm, getting dark. The garage does have a generator and a 5 gallon can of gas.
QUESTION:
Has Lester been running the generator? If so, has this resulted in any attention from the dead guys? Has he just run it for short periods of time? I'd be inclined to keep it off, maybe use flashlights or something similar sparingly.
He runs sparingly. He does have three flashlights and a large battery camp lantern.
No attention from the biters. Its a small generator for emergencies.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy

Not asking twice, Chingy finds a comfortable place to lay down and he sleeps for as long as possible. His badassness is compromised somewhat throughout the night when he lets out weak screams and flails around violently while he dreams of possible things to come.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Dram »

Whitey - Knocks at door while standing to the side of the door. It is Tuck and Whitey let us in.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by AleBelly »

Chance, garage

Chance is so tired he collapses and falls into a deep sleep. His last thought before drifting off is that if he dies at the hands of a monster, he hopes it's painless.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#10 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist
Garage

Derek will find a spot on the floor and get some rest.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester
Locking up, keeping watch

Lester gives anyone outside one more warning to come in and within 5 minutes, he locks the place up for the night.
"I'll run the generator for about an hour, give us some light and a chance to get tucked in, then I'll shut er' down. Blackie and I will keep watch, if someone could spell us about halfway through the night or so, we can get a couple hours of shut eye. But be ready to move out just in case something happens tonight. You never know."

Lester pats Norm on the back and tells him to get some sleep. Same for the others. Then he'll take up watch, his shotgun and tire iron at his side, along with Blackie.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Comes in the garage. Thank You Lester for a place crash. Your nephew has been a great help. He will find a place to rest for the night. As soon as he does he basically falls to the floor and falls into a deep sleep.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist
Garage

Derek will try to wake up in four hours or so to spell Lester on watch. He'll pick up a tire iron to use as a weapon while on guard.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Scott308

#14 Post by Scott308 »

Bloodaxe, any chance you can put the map in a spoiler tag? I'm on an ipad, and the size of the image really messes with my screen.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Bloodaxe »

Norm stays near his Uncle and pets the Blackie.

Tiny looks feverish.
I gotta rest. I still don't feel so great.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester
Making coffee, getting settled in

After firing up the generator, Lester makes a big pot of coffee, stopping to smell the smell of fresh grounds, and for a brief moment - smiling broadly. Then he glances about, and seeing Tiny's discomfort he says "Hey big fella, you don't look too hot. Let me get ya a cup of coffee. There's a first aid kit next to the waiting room, it's got some Tylenol in it, why don't ya take some?"

Lester will keep watch, staying with Norm and Blackie for the most part, and apart from the others to some extent. He'll check the view outside once every 20-30 minutes, unless he hears something, then more often.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Bloodaxe »

There are a few chairs and the old sofa that Blackie sleeps on. Also the car & trucks seats are pretty comfortable. You have a quick meal and rest...exhausted.

Lester sees a few creatures wander around in the night. He hears a few gun shots in the distance, then a scream....then silence.
Nothing else for the next four hours.
Derek stirs ...still tired and groggy and walks over to take a turn at watch.

Scott308

#18 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist
Garage

Still trying to wake up, Derek walks over to Lester and mumbles, Hey, Lester, go get some rest. I'll cover the next shift. He'll then walk over to the coffee maker. Looking at the sludge that has been sitting there for four hours, shrugs and says, What the hell. Gotta stay awake and pours himself a cup. Not normally a coffee drinker, he will pour in a bunch of sugar to try to make it taste better. He'll poke around trying find some milk or creamer or something to soften the taste.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester
Rest with Blackie and Norm

Lester gives Derek an appreciative nod. "I'll be over here. If you see anything too odd, wake me up." He then looks about, making sure no one is listening and says "that goes for these guys in here too. Anything funny, any stealin' or silly-business, you raise a ruckus, you hear me? Be safe now. See ya' in a couple hours, Son."

Lester will quietly mosey over to Norm and Blackie and settle in to nap fitfully, his shotgun tucked under his arm, tire iron under his legs. He quickly dozes off.

Scott308

#20 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist
Garage

Now that Derek has had some coffee and woken up a bit he will start watching out the windows to see if there is anything unusual going on. He will also periodically check the others to make sure nobody is doing anything they shouldn't as Lester had asked. He'll also make sure to keep an eye on Tiny, make sure he doesn't do something he really shouldn't do.

Return to “Rot World RPG”