Chapter 1: Weston Welcomes You

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: Weston Welcomes You

#21 Post by shaidar »

Seeing the foreigner at the bar looks to be a little out of his depth he calls over

"Excuse me, Youseff is it? Not wishing to sound rude but it quite obvious you're not from around here. You just find yourself a spare seat and the barmaid will come and take your order. There are some free seats over here near me". He waves to one of the empty seats near where he sits.

If the man takes a nearby seat he will hold out his hand and introduce himself, "I'm Grendon of Eilynne. Well, that's obvious I suppose" looking down at his surcoat, he smiles.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by MonkeyWrench »

At the mention of the bard paying for his bill Rakgu gives the half-elf a hearty smile, showing his orcish teeth. He thinks for a moment before standing and bowing slightly to the bard, he speaks this time with much more clarity, as if he is reciting something told to him, His rough Orcish accent still makes the attempt hard to understand for anyone not paying close attention,"I Thank you, uh, good sir. I shall res..respect your offer of friendship over, err, this meal!" He sits down and again starts to speak in orcish before correcting himself, trying to find the words in common, "Friend told me, to say stuff like that wenev sumone pay fer food." He nods to himself at another successful with the common language.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#23 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Syd gives Rakgu a hearty slap on the back because he knows that is his way. Hahaha! Well I say, an Orc.......with manners.......unbelievable indeed. I knew that Weston would be different than the Green Ward, that's in Gothmoor if you didn't know, but I never thought I would see anything like this! Syd speaks with conviction but he stills manages to discretely keep an eye on his surroundings.

Well met indeed Rakgu, and.......I don't think I got your name friend. he looks down at the hungry hobbit. We may as well get to know each other a bit while we wait for our meals. Tell me a little about yourselves, what brings you this far west?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rakgu settles into his seat, still unsure of his company. "I am from... Pennimair? Or in that place. Clan is in mountains, fighting many battles but... That is no home for me anymore... I had friend, same friend to teach my common... and.. Manners? He had to leave but He show'd me how to help... not destroy all. So I travel all the way here, to help... and get land of my own, start my own clan... have home to meet friend again." He speaks some more in orcish, he does not translate this portion though, either not knowing how or not willing to.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by Computer +1 »

Youseff is still waiting for acknowledgment at the bar when he hears a patron nearby say his name. When he hears what the stranger says Youseff feels his cheeks flush with embarrassment. Ahhh yes, the stools. I will sit with you, my thanks friend. He takes a seat near and formally introduces himself while shaking the offered hand. Thank you and well met Grendon of Eilynne. I am Youseff Bin Moubarrek, son of El Fadil El Siddig Bin Moubarrek, faithful servant of His Majesty Sultan Najibah Ibn Faris of Al’Shiael, I am indeed a stranger to this land although I hope to learn the customs and ways of this place.

He looks for the barmaid to give a food order and, once that important business is taken car of, inquires to Grendon. Forgive my ignorance but Eilynne is your homeland or your God?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by shaidar »

Computer +1 wrote:He looks for the barmaid to give a food order and, once that important business is taken car of, inquires to Grendon. Forgive my ignorance but Eilynne is your homeland or your God?
Grendon laughs "You are far from home. Eilynne is my goddess, the Golden Ray that shines down upon us all. I had thought she was worshipped far and wide. Maybe she is known by another name in your land. I hail from Gothmyr. What brings you to our fine land?"

OOC

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Computer +1 »

Youseff nods thoughtfully, Ahhhh yes, the Golden Ray. Indeed your God may be worshiped in my lands although I have not myself heard of it before today. He strokes his short black beard for a moment, In truth I am hear to learn things such as you have already begun to teach. My Master has sent me to study, record and learn about the East. His Majesty Sultan Najibah Ibn Faris has a great thirst of knowledge of the East and its peoples. I myself am young in my training and this task is meant to season me and give me experience.

and you my friend, what brings you to this place?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Syd overhears the conversation from the next table (I will assume that we are close enough) and then deduces what the Orc has just said. He then realizes that, although he thought his journey from Gothmoor was long, there are people here that have traveled a lot further to get here than he has.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

Computer +1 wrote:Youseff nods thoughtfully, Ahhhh yes, the Golden Ray. Indeed your God may be worshiped in my lands although I have not myself heard of it before today. He strokes his short black beard for a moment, In truth I am hear to learn things such as you have already begun to teach. My Master has sent me to study, record and learn about the East. His Majesty Sultan Najibah Ibn Faris has a great thirst of knowledge of the East and its peoples. I myself am young in my training and this task is meant to season me and give me experience.

and you my friend, what brings you to this place?
"An important mission for your king, you must be honoured. My reasons are far simpler. Obviously to spread the word of my god, but also to make a difference. Big frontier towns like this have certain problems, much like I knew as a child in Gothmoor. So I came here to help the town and the people who live here, if I can.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Computer +1 »

Youseff smiles It is indeed an honor to serve on the Sultan's behalf although it was not he who directed me here himself. My Master, who trains me in the sacred arts, gave me this mission. The Sultan, may he reign for a thousand years, does not know of this humble servant's existence.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

"The perfect opportunity to gain the notice of your exulted ruler, then, and expand your knowledge as you do so"

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Shonuff »

THe door to the Tavern bursts open, as three guardsmen walk in hurredily. THey look around the taproom and begin going from table to table, looking over each patron (including yourselves). One approaches your table, and anyone avoiding eye contact is poked until eyes are met. Once they see who they are looking for is not here, they tack on the inside of the doorway a wanted poster. The third guardsmen points to the poster and says in common "one Hundred gold per, dead. Three Hundred alive." He turns and walks out followed by his other men.
Some of the tavern goers get up from their drinks to inspect the poster and some discuss things with their allies in hushed tones. THe bartender walks over to the poster and then grimaces, before returning to the bar.

Anyone actively watching the crowd:
One of the other smaller men at the poster makes a "meep!" sound of surprise, then goes back to his table to gather his belongings in quite a hurry.

Return to “Ancient Kingdoms: Journey in the Wildreach”