Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Randomness Continued

#81 Post by Dram »

Sorry will be posting more next week my son is home from the army
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Sorry will be posting more next week my son is home from the army
That makes sense enjoy the visit with your son Mark no harm no foul there brother. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Rukellian wrote:The opening of the window curtains did not shine any light on stairs, is that what you are saying?
seeing as the stairs are up on the second floor and come down to the first floor in a completely different room no the curtains did nothing other than shine light into the current room that has no stairs in it. Almost everyone is currently located in room 3 Botang is in room 2, the curtains were opened in room 3, the sound of the runner heading towards stairs possibly is from above you.

Thanks for the clarification. :)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I could have put a you are here dot or x for you too :P or letters for each character location I believe it was 2 pc's in room 2 taking down the paintings. Others never said if they followed Hantae into room 3 except the one that opened the curtains.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by Cwreando »

Botang and Bandir are in room 2 with Bandir behind a chair for cover and some heading up stairs now. Right?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#87 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well the two that said they are heading upstairs have no idea where the stairs are so I really don't know where they think they are heading.

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok so going back to room 2 you still have multiple doors to check/open. The runaway from the second floor likely will get out of the mansion or into a hiding place just sayin.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by Cwreando »

Just letting you know that I have been out of town in K.C. Missouri for a volleyball tournament for my daughter. I couldn't do detailed post while there.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright Cwreando it's all good bro. :)

GreyWolfVT

#91 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have a confession to make. I'm having a hard time coming up with random items that would be in these rooms so sorry that they are fairly bare. Bad enough the map I have doesn't have the map for the second floor or the cellar.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Cwreando »

Ah just make it a quick encounter or small cellar.

GreyWolfVT

#93 Post by GreyWolfVT »

the one thing I do know is that the second floor is where all the bedrooms are. I modeled the mansion from one of Ed Greenwood's books spellstorm. But the map they provided is all you see on here. Thanks for the suggestion Chris I'll see what i can find on google images or roll20 maps.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rex »

Keep it simple. A bunch of bedrooms off a U shaped hall upstairs. All good.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry if any feathers were ruffled... had to be done. :shock:

In times like these, I feel it is best to stick to my character's strengths. Rukiel being a chaotic neutral kind of guy, stirring up excitement and chaos is one of them. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

no ruffled feathers roll for dex :lol: area rug vs Rukiel vs a wall :D j/k

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Rukellian »

Challenge accepted.

Dex Check against 17 [1d20] = 3

:D

GreyWolfVT

#98 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Darn the rug slips but you skillfully jump off the thing as it slides into the wall.

GreyWolfVT

#99 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hey just an FYI throwing it out there but after the whole mansion thing. I'm thinking of closing A Village With No Name. Marking it completed and thinking about asking for a new Game Forum to run DDA1 & DDA2 as mentioned however I am thinking of moving your characters to that game for those of you interested in playing those two modules. Granted I'll have to do some conversions from Basic to 2e but I don't think it will be very difficult. That being said, I really to appreciate you players. I hope all of you will be happy to play in the other two modules I haven't read anything good on the other two DDA modules DDA3 & DDA4. Read some posts on dragonsfoot forums saying that DDA3 was the worst module ever written by Carl Sargent. A fair amount said DDA1 Arena of Thyatis and DDA2 Legions of Thyatis weren't bad but nothing "special" really stood out about them. I leave it open you chat among everyone I though sandbox was a good idea but I'm finding my other game Al-Qadim is going a bit easier or rather better having a true guide for me to go off of that I can "Ad-lib" without completely stalling the game, or being at a loss rather. If not running those two modules I have some others on my list of "to run" that I could run by you all. I really just wanted to give all you current players first dibs to join the game rather than throwing this out in LFG. Let me know what you all think. Who's in who's out. Heck I don't even care if you would rather make a new character for the modules. Ideally it looks like the fist is aimed for lower level like lvl 1-2 and the second is lvl 3-4 I could always alter/beef up the foes and so forth so that you would not have to start at level 1 or 2. Being that most all of you are currently level 3.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by ravenn4544 »

I've never heard of those modules you mention but I'm up for that. Brother Canis is happy to continue his exploits in any new adventure!

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”