Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

#261 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Half-Ogre sits on a moss covered boulder looking in an arc again at everyone eagerly awaiting more venison he absently passes gas on the rock acting as if not to notice "Laydee pretty." he says indicating Hantae and looks around eagerly for Keathan to return with more of the juicy meat. "Mis liv in da woods." he replies to Bandir "Dere big hous in da woods." pointing one of his huge fingers into his own chest the big fellow says "Mis name Botang."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician comes out of the guardhouse, after signaling to those still inside that the big fellow does not detect as being evil.

Says, "Greetings big fellow, I am Sir Rician Lockwindberg, can you tell us of a large flying creature in these woods, that we have spotted flying very high overhead, your mount perhaps?", said after Bandir, introduces himself.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Lets Rician speaks with the big green man. But stands ready if he isn't friendly. IDoes he have a illness or something? Why is he green? Ugly fellar. Krakus whispers to the others.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#264 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir

Bandir adds after Botang replies to Rician,”Will you take us to the big house?”
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Says, "Yes, if you know where the mansion is, would you be so kind to show us the way? Also, Does a flying creature inhabit the mansion now?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

GreyWolfVT

#266 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Botang gets a confused look on his face "Mis no haav no ride. Mis walk. Mis hungry moore eats, then big hoos?" the bigman's eyes look glazed over from all the talking and questions clearly he can only handle so much at one time. "Weere moor meats?" he burps and everyone hears his stomach growl it almost shakes the ground where he sits.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel will have none of this. He's seen his fair share of big oafs with even bigger stomachs and if there is anything that he's learned over the years is two things: giants rarely get enough to eat when it comes to human servings and his horse can make for a tasty meal in the right hands. He offers his plate as a form of distraction and hurries back to where Bagel is tied. He then proceeds in bringing the horse further into the forest for concealment, at least until the ugly giant leaves.

He shouts to the group as he runs back to his horse. "He is NOT riding in the cart!"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#268 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir

Bandir says,”The food is the pretty lady’s. If no one objects I’ll get the rest of the venison for Botang. If needed Bandir helps cook it up. Bandir checks to see if the pretty lady wants to take it to Botang. If not he does.”
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#269 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Botang replies back to the questions...

"Mi nam is Botang I iss son of cihff Chakak ans Fireshaairs whot wassin mi mothan.

Mis clakan iss deasd, mis havens walsk forts tensis cirlis ofs thies seesasons, mis wassing cahpious os

thed calucios...mi es kil Bisgs Horlk thes minotak tos besing Ugka cahpious os Rukrakaz.

Mi es micghty, mi fight, mi stad likem maontans. Missim nots afrekd".

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician says, "Let me see if i got this straight, your clan was wiped out and you have been roaming the countryside for 2 1/2 years now?

You are looking for a minotaur called, Caphious of the Calucios, to seek justice?", "Do you know the location of the mansion? Will you take us there? Have you seen a dragon there?"

Player:

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#271 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir

Bandir comments, "Rician, I think you got some of it right. You did better translating that than I did. Perhaps we'll find out more about the Mansion and flying creature from Botang?"

Bandir thinks, "I just hope Botang will stay friendly while he's around."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Rex »

Hantae He can have whatever he can eat. Big Guy, would you mind taking us to the mansion? I am interested in finding this minotaur as well, nasty sort I hear.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis looks impressed at Ricians' linguistic skills. "Is THAT what he said? well done, my good man!"

GreyWolfVT

#275 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Translation of Broken Common from Botang

"My name is Botang I is the son of chief Chakak and Firehair who was my mother. My clan is dead, I have walked for ten circles of the seasons, I was the champion of the coliseum, I killed Big Horn the Minotaur thous became Ugka champion of Rucracas. I am mighty, I fight, I stand like mountains, I am not afraid".

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#276 Post by Ullek »

Botang says" Mis seeems bik drak" oust da hous.. naskty mboî tatá... Botang kan helks yuos yes", (and shows his big teeth with a flex of his muscles).

Translation: Me seen big drake outside the house....nasty "Boitatá"...Batang can help you yes.
Boitatá means "fiery serpent"
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel looks over his shoulder and shoots a paranoid glance at the half-ogre man, half afraid that guy will make any sudden movements.

'I don't like this,' he thinks to himself, 'not one bit. Less shiny riches for me.... though, his stature presents itself with some opportunities. He could make for one heck of a target, a distraction, yes. And what is it that they say about big things? The larger the harder it falls?' A smile slowly forms on his face as Rukiel looks away. Maybe not all is bad. Just maybe, perhaps, given the right opportunity, he could have some fun with the new addition.

Instead of hiding Bagel, Rukiel instead starts to prepare the cart again for travel. The meat was eaten and he was able to catch a few minutes rest. He would have preferred hours, but, eh, things could always be worse, he could have choked on a spider.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Dram »

Krakus- walks up to the and sizes himself against the 1/2 Ogre. You are a fine welcome to our group.I have been known to win a few fights the pits back home, but I have fought as big as you. He walks up and shakes his hand.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#279 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Bandir adds, "Welcome Botang. We could use a.....Fighter like you in the group. Once we finish lunch perhaps we can make our way to the Mansion in the woods. So you seen this dragon beastie. Some can be good dragons so let's make sure what kind of drake it is before fighting with it."

Bandir thinks, "Let's party."

GreyWolfVT

#280 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Breaks Over & New Friends:
With a new friend Botang & filled bellies the group preserves what they can of any left over venison, that Botang hasn't consumed. Packs up the makeshift lunch camp at the old stone guard house and the half-ogre Botang leads the group onward to the mansion (big hous) in the woods.

After what is only about an hour walk for those moving by foot following Botang he finds he has to stop ever so often for the shorter folk to keep up with his pace, being as it is that he moves at almost twice a normal mans stride. The mansion comes into view and sure enough resting out front of the building is a juvenile green dragon.

Manor minus the lightning storm

Dragon

Actions?
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”