Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

#121 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir posted he would help Canis give 1/2 of the potion to Krakus.

This was my attempt to ensure it happened once I gave the potions to Brother Canis. Perhaps below is a better version.

Bandir walks Brother Canis over to Krakus at the Wagon and shows him how to administer the elixir using 1/2 of one potion telling Krakus, "Now only take 1/2 of the potion my friend and this will fix you right up. It's as easy as that Brother Canis."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#122 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Krakus after quaffing half one of the potions of health feels a lot better he feels the scorpions poison being flushed from his system and is back to feeling his usual self. After dividing the potions as needed and getting salvaged parts from the scorpions for later study and usage. The group finds themselves on the road going up further to set up a campsite before nightfall. Further up the road there is a camping site set off the side of the road for merchants and other travelers currently there is nobody else camping there the road is fairly vacant save for one man that claims to be heading towards Northvale looking to setup an alchemy & potions trade. He introduces himself as Charles Fontain.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle feels quite exhausted from all of his walking and talking, thirsty too.

Upon reaching the roadside campsite, Rukiel will park his one-man cart as well as his horse, Bagel, and secure them both to a nearby post/tree with his rope tying skills. Rope Use Skill Check [1d20] = 7 against a 17

"I suppose this as good a spot as any for the night. Shame I don't have anyone to keep warm with." Rukiel mutters that last bit to himself, with a smile of course.

If nothing else needs to be done, Rukiel will then proceed in setting up his own tent, not really interested in making friends with this Fontain guy. Now if Charles were a fine young lady.... ;)
Last edited by Rukellian on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis seeks to rest his bones also. "That was an exciting first day on the road, eh?" Taking note of the woods around them, he breathes deep the fresh air scented with lovely pine. "This is a fine forest to be embraced by for the evening. A FINE forest. What could be more restful?"

He's happy to take whichever watch should be needed.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Rex »

Hantae will search around and make sure the campsite is safe, then she will pick a spot and settle in for the night. Watch doesn't matter to me, I can take whenever.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by Nuke66 »

"Pleasure to meet you Charles, the name is Keathan, you are welcome to join us for the evening."

He moves around, staking out a spot for a fire. "I'll go gather some firewood." He adds.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

"Well met Charles Fontain. I am Bandir. You say you are going to set up an alchemy and potion trade. One of our group stayed behind in the village to help and is somewhat skilled in potions. His name is Arthur and may be of assistance to you should you want it. As a matter of fact I just harvested some body parts from some scorpions we just fought in case I could sell/trade with Arthur when we get back from this mission. Since you're heading that way perhaps you can take them to Arthur or make use of them yourself. I'm sure they'd be better quality if they're fresh parts and we might not be back for a couple days",chimes in Bandir. "Perhaps you might have some items of equitable value to trade or we can perhaps pay a reduced cost for potions and such later on?"

Bandir tells his party, "I am ok with any watch as well but I prefer the morning shift as I sometimes need to meditate for spells. I'll get some kindling and fire wood as well. Bandir snacks on a trail ration and begs someone for some water or wine to quench his thirst."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Feeling much better. He turns to Brother Canis. If you still have the healing grace of your god.I could use some. He drops his pack onto the ground. I will take first watch. He gets into his pack and tosses Bandir a wineskin. Make sure that has water in it. Smiling at him.

50/50 chance water or Mead
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir grins take a sip, "It's water Thank You. I like wine more than mead so I'd toss it back for sure." After a good drink he tosses it back. "Thanks again."

GreyWolfVT

#130 Post by GreyWolfVT »

coin flip is it water or mead Coin Flip [1d2] = 2 Thats mead in that skin Bandir

Charles greets Bandir and Keathan "Pleased to meet you Keathan, Bandir. I will gladly transport the glands from the scorpions to this Arthur fellow. There may be much i can teach him you say he sort of dabbles in potions and alchemy? Perhaps he would be of interest in a apprenticeship with me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by Cwreando »

Ah - Wasn't sure if I actually rolled the 50/50 or if I just RP it. :lol:

Bandir takes a swig and considers spitting it out but thinks that might offend Krakus so he tries to savor it, "Well,,,,it's the Mead. Just my luck. Wait...... I just remembered I put mine in my backpack. Here thanks for the offer though Krakus.."

Bandir takes out his water skin and takes a good pull to clear the mead taste and hydrate.

Bandir hands over the items he gathered to Charles. Scorpions Eyes, Liver, poison glands, heart, lungs, stinger and some shell fragments, "Here these might be usable items. Not sure if Arthur is looking for a mentor but it never hurts to ask. I'm sure the village will prosper with a business such as yours in the area. We've sort of set up a base of operation there and having a stock of potions will come in handy. Do you have any containers that might be better suited to store stuff in should we run across them so they might be preserved better for you or Arthur? Just trying to help you and we'd get better potions in the long run?"

GreyWolfVT

#132 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Charles nods to Bandir as he pulls out some specimen jars and prepares the organs carefully. "This aught to work don't you think."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel takes a swig of his wineskin as well, feeling thoroughly parched after the quick spurt of physical labor (pitching the tent). Then his stomach rumbles, as if on cue.

"I'm going to go out and catch some rabbit. I won't go far.... probably." Set Snares Skill Check [1d20] = 4 against an 18
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#134 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukiel in fairly short time manages to snare a pair of cottontail rabbits. He estimates they weigh about 2 pounds each.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Dram »

Krakus grins at Bandir. Dont drinkit all buddy. Gives him a good pat on the back.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel returns within a matter of minutes, holding two rabbits in the air with a triumphant grin. "We shall have meat tonight! Well, that is.... if someone doesn't mind cutting these little guys up for me. I'd rather not get any blood on me tonight; it's hard to get out of clothes, you now?" He holds them out with his face slightly turned away.

(2 lbs each, that's good for 4-6 people if used with travel rations, I think...)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#137 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Bandir grins a bit at Krakus saying, "All yours my friend." Seeing Rukiel return with two rabbits he continues, "Wow, a master huntsman you must be. Some fresh meat sounds good right about now. Once you got the good stuff off the rabbit perhaps I can gather a few parts to send back with Charles for him or Arthur to use?" Tail, Feet, eyes, brains, ears, heart, liver, lungs, stomach - unless eaten.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Dram »

Krakus takes his wine skin from Brandir and takes a swig from it.He then pulls his dagger from his hip. I'll skin them for ya Ruke.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Rex »

Hantae

I will take the heart and liver if no one minds, best parts.

GreyWolfVT

#140 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Charles "I'm afraid I don't have quite enough specimen jars to use the organs of the rabbits. I plan to camp here and then head on in the morning. I'll be sure to give the specimens to Arthur and see what he desires in way of the potion and alchemy shop."

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”