Part 2: The Roads ahead

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Part 2: The Roads ahead

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Having freed the nameless village from the gang that over ran it. The adventurers take the time to help the villagers rebuild the burnt down stables. The town starts to regain it's population. Zylax is asked to stay on and help the village to form the mages School. Zylax takes the great honor and stays in the village he is given the home of former gang leader Galyn to set up his school teaching the arts of magery. The town starts to repopulate it's residents and even gains a lawkeeper. Though the position was offered to Rician and Arastor first. Both adventurers declined the position though deeply humbled and honored by the offer. Pilanor had a secret offer for Canis that was equally declined. Shay was asked to help with Zylax's school. Shay wishes the party well in their future adventures. So now the party has a some choices ahead of them take the road out of town North or go back South on the road the came into town on. What might lie in wait for them ahead? What will they do with the treasure they have gathered from this adventure?

Correcting myself. Everyone is at level 3 now. I forgot what I had originally started everyone at.

Choice so many choices. Head South or North?
Current Party:
Rician, Arastor, and Canis.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 2: The Roads ahead

#2 Post by PyroArrow »

I say go North!

Going south would take him back homeward.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll drill in our other player once his character is completed.
Arastor, Canis & Rician: As Arastor, Canis and Rician discuss their plans at the Inn/Tavern. The door to the place opens and in walks in a very slender elf. His face bears the handsome features renowned by the Elven race, with blue eyes and golden hair that many Elves have. Dressed in robes of what the three of you gather to be that of a mage.

Pheras Quell: In your travels you heard of the perils of this un named village and ventured to the town by way of the road from the south. You entered this small town to see a stables being rebuilt and not a sign of this for told gang that was running a muck in the town running the place. Instead the place looks more like it is settling back in after a long hardship. You decide to enter the Inn which also doubles as the town Tavern. Upon entering the relatively empty Tavern you spot a table with three adventurer sorts from the sounds of it you can hear them talking about possibly going north out of town.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras approached the table reluctantly and after some time he got the courage to speak, "Are you men leaving the village because of the gang that has been terrorising this town?", he looked around, "Weird.....things are quieter and more peaceful than what I was told previously"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Canis(Crow) answers simply from the table, "We killed the bandits." He lets the others do the explaining.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras quite surprised by the man's statement, "I guess you beat me to it, sorry, introductions are in order", he was about to reach out with his hand for a handshake but he got flustered and turned it into a bow, "I am Pheras Quell, a humble mage in need of work", he said with awkwardness in his smile that can be seen from miles away.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

As the shy elf and Canis are beginning introductions a Dwarf walks into the place a large two handed war hammer on his back. The symbol some of you recognize to be that of Moradin one of the dwarven gods. The other two at the table one looks quite the part of a paladin has yet to speak since you entered and the other looks to be a ranger or woodsman also has been silent. The only one speaking thus far to you is the elf? Half-elf? Human? rogue looking fellow. Now a strange and lone dwarf is bustling in what next? The barmaid greets the dwarf and just realized she didn't greet the elf. "Good day to you master dwarf oh and I'm sorry good day to you sir elf. Might I get either of you a drink? or Perhaps some food?"

Mathias: You too had heard word of a town with no name in dire need of aid from a terrible gang of bandits that had overrun the place and was growing larger by numbers every day. But to your surprise when you entered the town there appeared to be no sign on a gang anywhere at all aside from the odd looking man in the newly built stocks that folks called Cannibal. To gather more evidence as you figured the best place was the tavern. Which in this small town happens to be the Inn as well. You walk in and see a man looking quite the part of a paladin sitting at a table with an elf who happens to be standing near the table talking to a man or is it an elf? that as far as you can guess might be a thief based upon his armor and clothing and another fellow that appears more a woodsman. Aside from that there is only the barkeep and barmaid very few patrons this day. The elf standing near the table talking to these men looks the part of perhaps a mage.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras gets a little flustered when the barmaid talks to him, he reluctantly pulls a chair and answers, "Y-yes", not really specifying yes to which.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The barmaid an older lady but still pretty for a middle aged woman smiles at the elf and says "I'll just get you a mint tea is that alright?"

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Y-yeah, that would be alright", he said keeping his eyes on the table.

He tries to make small talk with the other adventurers, "Umm....did the bandits give you a hard time? The information that I got said that they were a vicious bunch and that their numbers were huge", there was a bit of excitement in his voice, he wanted to hear about courageous adventurers and their battles.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 12/14:

Says,

"Actually the ones that are still living will be doing hard time for a while."

"Overcoming & bunching the Bandits up, was all in a day's work."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"In one day?! That's quite the feat, I wish that I have witnessed it", he realises that he has been speaking a bit loudly fro excitement so he lowers his voice again, "S-say, do you know any place where a mage might get some work or....if you need one yourselves, I would be more than happy to help"

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by PyroArrow »

Says,

"You are more that welcome to accompany us, Sir!"

"I myself am on a personal assignment to explore beyond my Father's realm, for any imminent danger & offer a democratic voting on annexing to the realm, thus gaining protection & secure trade routes."

Player:

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Thank you, so your father is a well known merchant? have I heard of him before?"

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by PyroArrow »

Says,

"Actually, Sir he is Lord of a Realm! "

Player:

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras sat on his chair bug-eyed, "L-Lord? your father is a lord? you are the son of a lord?", he contemplated wether he should bow again but he stopped halfway and sat back down, "I have never met a lord before, what...what do I call you?"

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The skinny middle aged barmaid comes back with a mint tea for Pheras, she sets it on the table in front of the elf. She sets a glass of red wine down by the roguish fellow Canis, a glass of water for the paladin Rician, and a something that resembles a much darker tea looking hot drink for Arastor. It's coffee. She then looks to the dwarf that entered and asks "Shall I fetch you an ale master dwarf?" bows to those sitting at the table and awaits the dwarf over by the bar.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Nuke66 »

"Please, Ale and meat Madam." Matias sets his hammer on it's head on the floor next to him before un-shouldering his pack. With a little effort, he hoists himself on to the bar stool and lets out a deep sigh. "Feels good to take some weight of my poor tired dogs." He takes a look around and listens to the local gossip. Not evesdroping mind you, just listening to the chatter.

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Again the atmosphere is fairly light at the moment the Tavern/Inn is fairly empty other than the working girls upstairs and the barmaid, bartender and the few sitting around at the table talking. Back in the kitchen you can ever so often hear the banging of pots and pans and the smell of something cooking. The smell of the food is good. Behind the bar are 2 large kegs of Ale. Ever so often a townsfolk pops in to pick up food or pay visit to the working girls upstairs. Other than that it is a slow day.

The barmaid smiles to the dwarf "Right away. Would you like dark or light ale? As for the meat how is leg of lamb?" she asks before going off to fetch his food as the bartender gets the ale.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Canis(Crow) sniffs the wine for a moment, checking for poison, He then comments to the mage, "I don't have a problem with you joining us going North. We lost our last magic users once the bandit's were defeated."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”